Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U'sual Champions League: Semi-final 1st leg round up and 2nd leg predictions 09:03 - Apr 24 with 1535 viewswessex_exile

Well, not much to write home about so far, after Chelsea ground out a useful 0-0 at Atletico, and Real take a narrow 1-0 lead into their second leg at Bayern Munich.

Only two point scorers for the first leg matches, with Gerry getting the Atletico v Chelsea draw as an outcome, and his opponent Coomster finding the Real Madrid home win outcome. No one found the solitary goal-scorer (Benzema) over the two matches in their predictions, so the 1st leg results couldn't really be much closer - as follows:

Coomster 1 v 1 Gerry
Pete 0 v 0 Gate

2nd leg matches for prediction, and don't forget I need your tie-break prediction at the same time, which to remind you will be the attendance for Walsall v U's.

TUE 29 APR 2014 - CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
Bayern Munich v Real Madrid (agg 0 - 1) 19:45

WED 30 APR 2014 - CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
Chelsea v Atlético Madrid (agg 0 - 0) 19:45

Walsall v U's attendance

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

U'sual Champions League: Semi-final 1st leg round up and 2nd leg predictions on 11:18 - Apr 24 with 1257 viewscoomster

My turn to go first Wessex.

TUE 29 APR 2014 - CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
Bayern Munich v Real Madrid (agg 0 - 1) 19:45 2-0 Robben

Chelsea v Atlético Madrid (agg 0 - 0) 19:45 2-1 Lampard

Walsall v U's attendance 4123
U'sual Champions League: Semi-final 1st leg round up and 2nd leg predictions on 12:06 - Apr 24 with 1255 viewsgerry_us

Bayern Munich v Real Madrid 1-2 Christiano Ronaldo

Chelsea v Atlético Madrid 2-0 Torres

Walsall v U's attendance 4,750 (obviously dependent on U's needing 3 pts). If not it could be considerably lower.

Well Coomster, we showed the other semi final how it should be done with both of us achieving monster points totals. If the other semi final score a blank again next week I think we should both go through to the final.

Good luck for next week. May the best man win...
U'sual Champions League: Semi-final 1st leg round up and 2nd leg predictions on 21:53 - Apr 28 with 1207 viewsBarsidepete

I'm really still thinking @=/ .. Gate n I are nil nil going in and there are too many scenarios. Can I listen to Sky Sports news a few more 'every 15 minute' updates to be sure?

This 2nd leg really makes me scratch my chin.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

U'sual Champions League: Semi-final 1st leg round up and 2nd leg predictions on 22:49 - Apr 28 with 1197 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League: Semi-final 1st leg round up and 2nd leg predictions on 21:53 - Apr 28 by Barsidepete

I'm really still thinking @=/ .. Gate n I are nil nil going in and there are too many scenarios. Can I listen to Sky Sports news a few more 'every 15 minute' updates to be sure?

This 2nd leg really makes me scratch my chin.

Pete - you've got until 1944* tomorrow evening to post, so no sweat...

(* be careful though, that's 3 after 1941, and you were late for that one too )

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League: Semi-final 1st leg round up and 2nd leg predictions on 08:03 - Apr 29 with 1179 viewsGate16

Bayern Munich v Real Madrid 2-0 Robben

Chelsea v Atlético Madrid 1-0 Lampard

Walsall v U's attendance 4,234
U'sual Champions League: Semi-final 1st leg round up and 2nd leg predictions on 19:42 - Apr 29 with 1161 viewsBarsidepete

U'sual Champions League: Semi-final 1st leg round up and 2nd leg predictions on 08:03 - Apr 29 by Gate16

Bayern Munich v Real Madrid 2-0 Robben

Chelsea v Atlético Madrid 1-0 Lampard

Walsall v U's attendance 4,234

UE 29 APR 2014 - CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
Bayern Munich v Real Madrid (agg 0 - 1) ... 2-1 Mandžukić

Chelsea v Atlético Madrid (agg 0 - 0) 19:45 0-1 Diedo Costa

U'sual Champions League: Semi-final 1st leg round up and 2nd leg predictions on 19:43 - Apr 29 with 1159 viewsBarsidepete

Attendance: 4075:)

U'sual Champions League: Semi-final 1st leg round up and 2nd leg predictions on 19:57 - Apr 29 with 1158 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League: Semi-final 1st leg round up and 2nd leg predictions on 19:43 - Apr 29 by Barsidepete

Attendance: 4075:)

Hahaha - neat work Pete, did you have a bit of a sweat on getting them in on time, or just very carefully calculated?

Good luck!

Up the U's

Login to get fewer ads

U'sual Champions League: Semi-final 1st leg round up and 2nd leg predictions on 20:17 - Apr 29 with 1152 viewsBarsidepete

U'sual Champions League: Semi-final 1st leg round up and 2nd leg predictions on 19:57 - Apr 29 by wessex_exile

Hahaha - neat work Pete, did you have a bit of a sweat on getting them in on time, or just very carefully calculated?

Good luck!

RMadrid not making it look good for either Gate or me today. Maybe he and I both parked the bus like Chelsea..

U'sual Champions League: Semi-final 1st leg round up and 2nd leg predictions on 22:48 - Apr 29 with 1135 viewsgerry_us

and my goal scorer gets a brace!
U'sual Champions League: Semi-final 1st leg round up and 2nd leg predictions on 10:05 - Apr 30 with 1116 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League: Semi-final 1st leg round up and 2nd leg predictions on 22:48 - Apr 29 by gerry_us

and my goal scorer gets a brace!

Indeed Gerry - you were the only point scorer last night, with the Real Madrid away win plus two goals for Ronaldo - well done sir.

With this evening's game to go, the scores on the doors are currently:

Coomster 1 v 4 Gerry
Pete 0 v 0 Gate

Coomster will be hoping Lampard gets at least one in a Chelsea 2-1 victory, which is about the only way Gerry can be caught...but not an improbable outcome. The real battle, however, is in the other tie, with literally everything to play for where Pete and Gate are concerned.

A reminder (should it come to it), as with all score predictions where this competition is concerned, it will be the result after 90 minutes that is counted - not ET or penalties.

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League: Semi-final 1st leg round up and 2nd leg predictions on 15:13 - Apr 30 with 1104 viewsBarsidepete

Gate with Chelsea 1-0, me with Atlético Madrid 0-1 ... And still nil-nil.. yikes:D

My goal scorer is Diego Costa not "Diedo" (typo above:)

U'sual Champions League: Semi-final 1st leg round up and 2nd leg predictions on 16:16 - Apr 30 with 1095 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League: Semi-final 1st leg round up and 2nd leg predictions on 15:13 - Apr 30 by Barsidepete

Gate with Chelsea 1-0, me with Atlético Madrid 0-1 ... And still nil-nil.. yikes:D

My goal scorer is Diego Costa not "Diedo" (typo above:)

Haha - correction noted, but I would have given you that one

Needless to say, there are loads of permutations which could leave you two still level after the match tonight...could be the Walsall tie-breaker...

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League: Semi-final 1st leg round up and 2nd leg predictions on 16:23 - Apr 30 with 1092 viewsGate16

U'sual Champions League: Semi-final 1st leg round up and 2nd leg predictions on 16:16 - Apr 30 by wessex_exile

Haha - correction noted, but I would have given you that one

Needless to say, there are loads of permutations which could leave you two still level after the match tonight...could be the Walsall tie-breaker...

Actually Lampard as my scorer is a typo for Torres

Seriously just realised Frank is suspended which I think means Gerry is in the final...?
U'sual Champions League: Semi-final 1st leg round up and 2nd leg predictions on 16:37 - Apr 30 with 1087 viewsBarsidepete

U'sual Champions League: Semi-final 1st leg round up and 2nd leg predictions on 16:23 - Apr 30 by Gate16

Seriously just realised Frank is suspended which I think means Gerry is in the final...?

Sorry @:( .. Too many typos. Reposted *edit:)
[Post edited 30 Apr 2014 16:39]

U'sual Champions League: Semi-final 1st leg round up and 2nd leg predictions on 16:37 - Apr 30 with 1087 viewsBarsidepete

U'sual Champions League: Semi-final 1st leg round up and 2nd leg predictions on 16:23 - Apr 30 by Gate16

I'm personally ok if you want to change to Torres. Wessex then needs to confirm. But I truly am fine with that. No worries:)

If Athleti win then I think I'll be ok * waits for the Walsall attendance .. Lol.

U'sual Champions League: Semi-final 1st leg round up and 2nd leg predictions on 17:02 - Apr 30 with 1079 viewsGate16

No - that's very kind but that's just the way it goes Pete.
Appreciate it though.
U'sual Champions League: Semi-final 1st leg round up and 2nd leg predictions on 19:24 - Apr 30 with 1069 viewswessex_exile

Chaps - just logged on and seen the latest additions to the thread.

Firstly Gate, clearly Pete has no issue with replacing a suspended player with another for goal-scorer. In principle, neither have I whatsoever, but as Coomster is in the same situation (and his situation is far more terminal - you'r right, he can't qualify if Lampard isn't playing), then I would prefer that both of you have the opportunity to amend your goal-scorer. I will therefore accept Torres as your replacement goal-scorer, and if anyone has any way of contacting Coomster and getting the message to him - please do!

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League: Semi-final 1st leg round up and 2nd leg predictions on 21:40 - Apr 30 with 1062 viewsGate16

Subsitute made no difference in the end ! Well done Pete - good contest and best of luck in the final
U'sual Champions League: Semi-final 1st leg round up and 2nd leg predictions on 22:15 - Apr 30 with 1054 viewsBarsidepete

U'sual Champions League: Semi-final 1st leg round up and 2nd leg predictions on 21:40 - Apr 30 by Gate16

Subsitute made no difference in the end ! Well done Pete - good contest and best of luck in the final

Cheers, Gate:) .. Had a feeling about Chelsea not being up to the task. And Costa netted one albeit via the penalty. Excellently played, G.

U'sual Champions League: Semi-final 1st leg round up and 2nd leg predictions on 22:33 - Apr 30 with 1049 viewscoomster

U'sual Champions League: Semi-final 1st leg round up and 2nd leg predictions on 19:24 - Apr 30 by wessex_exile

Chaps - just logged on and seen the latest additions to the thread.

Firstly Gate, clearly Pete has no issue with replacing a suspended player with another for goal-scorer. In principle, neither have I whatsoever, but as Coomster is in the same situation (and his situation is far more terminal - you'r right, he can't qualify if Lampard isn't playing), then I would prefer that both of you have the opportunity to amend your goal-scorer. I will therefore accept Torres as your replacement goal-scorer, and if anyone has any way of contacting Coomster and getting the message to him - please do!

Unfortunately I did not tune into the game until half-time. Then found out that Lampard was not playing.

Didn't make any difference anyway.

Congrats to Gerry, a worthy winner.

Thanks for the game.

coomster.
U'sual Champions League: Semi-final 1st leg round up and 2nd leg predictions on 22:48 - Apr 30 with 1044 viewsgerry_us

U'sual Champions League: Semi-final 1st leg round up and 2nd leg predictions on 22:33 - Apr 30 by coomster

Unfortunately I did not tune into the game until half-time. Then found out that Lampard was not playing.

Didn't make any difference anyway.

Congrats to Gerry, a worthy winner.

Thanks for the game.

coomster.

Thanks Coomster. Hope it's warming up where you are. Notice the Minnesota Twins have lost a few games due to "inclement" weather and it's into MAY tomorrow!!!
U'sual Champions League: Semi-final 1st leg round up and 2nd leg predictions on 03:40 - May 1 with 1039 viewsBarsidepete

U'sual Champions League: Semi-final 1st leg round up and 2nd leg predictions on 22:48 - Apr 30 by gerry_us

Thanks Coomster. Hope it's warming up where you are. Notice the Minnesota Twins have lost a few games due to "inclement" weather and it's into MAY tomorrow!!!

Target Field in Minneapolis hosts the baseball All-Star game July 15. Will it be snowing?;)

U'sual Champions League: Semi-final 1st leg round up and 2nd leg predictions on 09:46 - May 1 with 1031 viewsgerry_us

U'sual Champions League: Semi-final 1st leg round up and 2nd leg predictions on 03:40 - May 1 by Barsidepete

Target Field in Minneapolis hosts the baseball All-Star game July 15. Will it be snowing?;)

Probably
U'sual Champions League: Semi-final 1st leg round up and 2nd leg predictions on 16:37 - May 1 with 1018 viewsBarsidepete

U'sual Champions League: Semi-final 1st leg round up and 2nd leg predictions on 09:46 - May 1 by gerry_us

Probably

Hey, dude.. Thinking of 4-5 days in Madison County sometime this summer or early fall w Martha (road trip from DC).. You flying back this year? we could actually coordinate cuz we'd need a tour guide in Minnie/St Paul:) .. Plus seeing a Twins game would be fun..

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024