Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brentford are not the force that most imagine when away from Griffin Park... 15:50 - Apr 24 with 542 viewsnoah4x4

These are their last ten AWAY results;

2-2…MK Don…….…D
1-0…Swindon…….…L
0-0…Sheff Utd….….D
0-0…Oldham……....D
3-0 ..Rotherham.….L
0-1….Orient…….…..W
0-0….Carlisle……....D
1-3….Crewe…………W
1-1….Shrewsbury….D
1-1….Walsall…………D

That is just 12 points from the last 30 AWAY. It is their home form that has won them promotion. Note how Carlisle and Shrewsbury have both held them (and look at their shocking goals conceded at home record).

Now let’s "believe" that we can get at least a point as the U’s have also taken 12 points from our last ten HOME matches; having not had much luck. We have also played well in our last three fixtures of which two were away (albeit we lost to Oldham; but against the run of play). It's vital that the fans get behind the team to build on these more confident performances. Hopefully Brentford will also be already 'on the beach' having won promotion. They will also be without "League One Player of the Year" Adam Forshaw.

Gain one point on Saturday and the teams below us that have lost (some will!) must head into their last game needing to win (e.g. to overcome our goal difference). With fixtures against Preston, Oldham (unbeaten in 7), Bradford and Wolves; none will relish that challenge; so a U's point would be a massive boost. By contrast; our final opponent; Walsall have won only one of their last six at home (and are very similar to the U's in the form tables). Surely a further point (or more) is realistic there? They too will have nothing to play for.

We only need to match (or better) the results of two of the four in the final chasing pack (Shrewsbury and Stevenage no longer being a concern). We can and will do this. Indeed, I have a suspicion that at least two of that four in the chasing pack will lose all of their remaining games; in which case we are safe already. But our destiny is very much in our own hands - unlike many past seasons.
Brentford are not the force that most imagine when away from Griffin Park... on 10:51 - Apr 25 with 470 viewsLeadbelly

Brentford have sold over 3,000 tickets so it will feel like a home game for them. Heaven forfend they outnumber home fans!

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Brentford are not the force that most imagine when away from Griffin Park... on 15:40 - Apr 25 with 436 viewsburnsieespana

Might be good as players will feel like it is an away game where in recent weeks we seem to have played better!
Brentford are not the force that most imagine when away from Griffin Park... on 16:34 - Apr 25 with 426 viewsLeadbelly

JD certainly seems to be relishing the opportunity to play in front of a "big" crowd. Let's hope it inspires the U's players and not the Bees.

No doubt the Brentford fans will be in party mood and I just hope U's fans counter this by turning up in decent numbers and good voice to really get behind the home side. Mind you, I hope that for every home game!

Brentford are not the force that most imagine when away from Griffin Park... on 16:44 - Apr 25 with 424 viewswessex_exile

Brentford are not the force that most imagine when away from Griffin Park... on 16:34 - Apr 25 by Leadbelly

JD certainly seems to be relishing the opportunity to play in front of a "big" crowd. Let's hope it inspires the U's players and not the Bees.

No doubt the Brentford fans will be in party mood and I just hope U's fans counter this by turning up in decent numbers and good voice to really get behind the home side. Mind you, I hope that for every home game!

According to Matt on the OMB a day or two ago, Brentford had sold about 2.5k then (with the most expensive tickets left to go) and overall the gate on tickets sold was in 5.5-6k region. With walk-ups on the day, I'd imagine we'll easily reach 6.5-7k tomorrow?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Brentford are not the force that most imagine when away from Griffin Park... on 17:34 - Apr 25 with 419 viewsLeadbelly

East Anglian this morning said Brentford had sold "over 3,000".

Looking forward to it...sort of.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024