Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U'sual Champions League Final - the result!!! 22:50 - May 24 with 606 viewswessex_exile

...and without further ado, huge congratulations to Pete, who vanquished Gerry 4-0 at the end of normal time, courtesy of spot-ons for both yellow (7) and red cards (0). Out of interest, I continued to run the numbers into extra-time, and though Gerry did briefly nudge ahead at one point, Pete still would have run out 6-5 winner - so either way you cut it, Pete is a worthy champion!

Well done Pete - when you're ready PM (or post here) with your winner's shirt needs.

In the 3rd place play-off, Gate and Bill Gate's Excel finished 2-2 at the end of full-time, but Excel's random number generated 40th minute for the first substitution was better than Gate's 46th minute, so would have meant Excel took the game...were it not for Gate was already 3rd place winner before a ball had been kicked. With 1pt for Bale, and 2pts for zero red cards, Gate eventually reassured us that we're not quite at The Matrix scenario, winning 3-2 aet.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

U'sual Champions League Final - the result!!! on 23:32 - May 24 with 594 viewsBarsidepete

This is brilliant!

Big applause to Gerry for a great Wessex CLPL run:)

Very challenging picks,Wessex,.. you really made us work for it (at 3-1, was hoping to not merely hang on to win the title with an asterisk attached. I was certain a 3-2 was in store and there you go..

Gerry and I both get a point for Bale scoring, right? You credited Gate with a point. By the way, my substitution was at 37'.. Might that have made a difference? What was Gerry's time? (recalling that I would have lost the attendance tiebreaker earlier in the comp)..

A new U's shirt, XL, please. Will send a PM Sunday with details, but no hurries, no worries

Very proud to win the CLPL and complete the trophy case with the one IowaFC had yet to achieve..

I know I'm typing but I'm kind of speechless. Been a few years since I won anything. Wow

Very very cool. Thanks Wessex ..
[Post edited 25 May 2014 0:10]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

U'sual Champions League Final - the result!!! on 08:45 - May 25 with 569 viewsgerry_us

Feeling gutted...a bit like Mr Happy must feel about his beloved Derby.

Well done Pete, a full house now eh!

Pleased that I forecast the "eventual" winner and a goal scorer... but finished with "nul point". Cant believe the number of yellow cards without a sending off that may have brought me back into the game. Still, good experience for my team for a renewed effort next season on all fronts.
U'sual Champions League Final - the result!!! on 12:20 - May 25 with 564 viewswessex_exile

Pete - no one got the Bale goal in the 'official' result, because that was scored in extra-time. Like you, Gate got 2pts at full time for his zero red cards, and Gerry's TB prediction was 65 minutes, so the enforced withdrawal of Costa on 9 minutes served you well. The first tactical substitution was on 59 minutes, which would have seen Gerry only 6 minutes from spot-on...

You're right Gerry, the game was probably won (and lost) both on the pitch and here through discipline - had the ref pulled the second yellow when he had the (numerous) opportunities, it may well have been a completely different story - let's face it, he was certainly running out of out-field options towards the end of the match.

Got your PM Pete, and your wish is my command - anyone know if we're getting a new home strip this season, and do you want to wait for that if so Pete?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

U'sual Champions League Final - the result!!! on 17:19 - May 25 with 556 viewsBarsidepete

I think the 2013/14 shirt is pretty darned cool so no need to wait. But I'll leave it up to you. Big thanks again, Wessex.

U'sual Champions League Final - the result!!! on 17:55 - May 25 with 549 viewsBarsidepete

U'sual Champions League Final - the result!!! on 08:45 - May 25 by gerry_us

Feeling gutted...a bit like Mr Happy must feel about his beloved Derby.

Well done Pete, a full house now eh!

Pleased that I forecast the "eventual" winner and a goal scorer... but finished with "nul point". Cant believe the number of yellow cards without a sending off that may have brought me back into the game. Still, good experience for my team for a renewed effort next season on all fronts.

Wow you know it Gerry. R's a man down and stil ka-pow, 1-nil victors. Would have been fun to see Rams up, perhaps to improve on their ''incredible" season in the BPL recently .. otherwise, Leicester, Burnley and QPR promoted did little to make the money club league interesting. Ok maybe Leicester will be worth a tune-in next season;)

I think Derby County'll fare alright next season. Just need to do things like not lose at Portmand Rd, ITFC 2-1, ouch

Full house, haha well said. Just thrilled to depart as a PL admin on a high note. Now I can relax and PL pick without the added complications:p

U'sual Champions League Final - the result!!! on 19:00 - May 25 with 543 viewsthrillseeker

Well played Pete
U'sual Champions League Final - the result!!! on 20:00 - May 25 with 536 viewsBarsidepete

U'sual Champions League Final - the result!!! on 19:00 - May 25 by thrillseeker

Well played Pete

Cheers atcha, Steve.

Great job winning the Charity Shield, dude. Looking forward to an exciting Season 12..

U'sual Champions League Final - the result!!! on 09:51 - May 26 with 513 viewsGate16

Well done on a great victory Pete
Login to get fewer ads

U'sual Champions League Final - the result!!! on 12:36 - May 27 with 484 viewsBarsidepete

U'sual Champions League Final - the result!!! on 09:51 - May 26 by Gate16

Well done on a great victory Pete

Much appreciated, Tom. Well done winning the Prem. Terrific stuff

U'sual Champions League Final - the result!!! on 18:57 - Jul 13 with 426 viewsmrhappy

WELL DONE BARSIDE- what a way to bow out !!!

The FULL SET !

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024