Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Elton John Concert 15:42 - Jun 28 with 982 viewsburnsieespana

Anybody know what this is worth to the club and do the proceeds form part of our turnover for players wages purposes?
Elton John Concert on 21:59 - Jun 29 with 955 viewsBFG

Just an opinion but 17000 people are there tonight and I can hear the concert from my garden 3 miles away. All said and done CUFC is a business and the council own the stadium. I would imagine this is a serious money spinner, but the majority will go to Reg and his promoters with a good few quid added to help cover the fixed costs.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2014 22:00]
Elton John Concert on 22:20 - Jun 29 with 947 viewswessex_exile

Elton John Concert on 21:59 - Jun 29 by BFG

Just an opinion but 17000 people are there tonight and I can hear the concert from my garden 3 miles away. All said and done CUFC is a business and the council own the stadium. I would imagine this is a serious money spinner, but the majority will go to Reg and his promoters with a good few quid added to help cover the fixed costs.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2014 22:00]

I think, but definitely don't actually know for certain, that none of it goes towards Joe's budget - that's made up of a decreasing subsidy from RC plus a share of matchday gate receipts. Anything made tonight goes into the club coffers, but of course indirectly Joe will benefit because of investment from there in the training facilities, infrastructure etc.

...don't quote me though.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Elton John Concert on 22:58 - Jun 29 with 942 viewsbwildered

If our strikers can lead the front line like Reg did tonight, we would have no problem staying out the relegation zone. Best home performance from start to finish since we moved into the WHCS.
Would have thought any monies made, would go to paying off the stadium loan.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Elton John Concert on 07:08 - Jun 30 with 937 viewsnoah4x4

The tickets suggest this was a "Marshall Arts Ltd presentation in association with Rocket". Then, after the event on the big screen "The Elton John Band thanked...." dozens of stakeholders " (but none based in Colchester!) and isn't this part of the 24 venue 2014 Elton John World Tour which started in February (n.b. next Newcastle on Tyne tomorrow)?

So my guess is that the venue was simply hired by this promoter? Hang on a moment......isn't the stadium owned by Colchester Borough Council and the football club are merely tenants? So who does get the cash? I bet Joe Dunne doesn't get a penny.

What was awesomely funny was watching the usual WHCS match day stewards trying to get people to "Sit Down" as per match day. Then some woman pointed it that on the reverse of the ticket it explicitly said "WARNING; Exposure to loud noise can cause injury to your hearing. People around you MAY stand up". So she did, and encouraged 16,000 others to do likewise. The stewards simply surrendered and by 'Crocodile Rock' time around 15,895 were standing and rocking

Great concert, and well organised and managed, but what is worrying is the rumour that the stage weighed 100 tonnes and the soil compaction is so great that urgent deep piling must now be done to repair the pitch at the South Stand end that has sunk.
Elton John Concert on 16:03 - Jun 30 with 908 viewsLeadbelly

Elton John Concert on 07:08 - Jun 30 by noah4x4

The tickets suggest this was a "Marshall Arts Ltd presentation in association with Rocket". Then, after the event on the big screen "The Elton John Band thanked...." dozens of stakeholders " (but none based in Colchester!) and isn't this part of the 24 venue 2014 Elton John World Tour which started in February (n.b. next Newcastle on Tyne tomorrow)?

So my guess is that the venue was simply hired by this promoter? Hang on a moment......isn't the stadium owned by Colchester Borough Council and the football club are merely tenants? So who does get the cash? I bet Joe Dunne doesn't get a penny.

What was awesomely funny was watching the usual WHCS match day stewards trying to get people to "Sit Down" as per match day. Then some woman pointed it that on the reverse of the ticket it explicitly said "WARNING; Exposure to loud noise can cause injury to your hearing. People around you MAY stand up". So she did, and encouraged 16,000 others to do likewise. The stewards simply surrendered and by 'Crocodile Rock' time around 15,895 were standing and rocking

Great concert, and well organised and managed, but what is worrying is the rumour that the stage weighed 100 tonnes and the soil compaction is so great that urgent deep piling must now be done to repair the pitch at the South Stand end that has sunk.

Noah,

Is your final paragraph full of double entendres, intentional or otherwise, or do I need to get out more?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Elton John Concert on 18:03 - Jun 30 with 901 viewsnoah4x4

Probably need to get out more, but can see where one is coming from.
Elton John Concert on 11:59 - Jul 18 with 818 viewsburnsieespana

I did read in the Gazette as been back in the UK for a couple of weeks but missed the concetrt that Waddington said eventually the U's share would be used solely for JD's players fund. My guess is this is most likely sub £100k but at least something.
Pitch looked ok when I visit stadium with heavy watering going on but wouldn't be a surprise if we end up without a home friendly to give it more time to recover. Ironical really but every season for the last dozen or so we have started away and this year when the pitch could do with more time we are at home!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024