Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many games in your lifetime? 19:40 - Jul 3 with 726 viewsDaniel

An entirely random thought... how many games (ColU or otherwise) do you think you've been to? I'm in my early thirties and started to watch the U's when I was a school kid. In the last 20 years I've barely missed a home league game and I've been to around 80 away venues. A quick 'back of the fag packet' calculation and I reckon I'm between 500-600.
How many games in your lifetime? on 20:52 - Jul 3 with 719 viewswessex_exile

I reckon, factoring in all competitions and different clubs/ grounds, and most home games for many seasons in the late 70s, I reckon I must be about the same 500-600 now, but I'm 20 years older than you Daniel, so respect for your effort.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

How many games in your lifetime? on 21:36 - Jul 3 with 706 viewsnoah4x4

Now we have 'retired' (me early), Me and D.O.M often do two or three 'live' games a week, so around 100 per year. Can soon rattle up the numbers when you get to our age!

We follow the U's home and away (missing few), but when the U's are not playing (FA Cup; League Cup etc), we will nip down to a London Club, Orient, Charlton or similar and sit as neutrals. We have traveled as far as Watford (versus Forest) just to find a game.

We combine this with a copy of the "Good Beer Guide"....perfect!
How many games in your lifetime? on 09:26 - Jul 4 with 691 viewsdavey_ravey_snr

For some reason I can't quite you Daniel but this statement intrigues me, especially the fact you state "I've barely missed a home league game". You've always maintained you've never missed a home league game. Play-off semi finals?

But in answer to your question I've worked out that its circa 385 league games, circa 50 cup games, circa 140 away games and circa 20 ground hopping games. To be honest the majority have been painful to watch!
How many games in your lifetime? on 09:29 - Jul 4 with 690 viewsLeadbelly

Been watching since we returned from the Conference. Rough estimate would be between 400 and 450.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

How many games in your lifetime? on 22:11 - Jul 4 with 672 viewsDaniel

How many games in your lifetime? on 09:26 - Jul 4 by davey_ravey_snr

For some reason I can't quite you Daniel but this statement intrigues me, especially the fact you state "I've barely missed a home league game". You've always maintained you've never missed a home league game. Play-off semi finals?

But in answer to your question I've worked out that its circa 385 league games, circa 50 cup games, circa 140 away games and circa 20 ground hopping games. To be honest the majority have been painful to watch!

Davey, the 'barely missed a home league game' is made up of every home game in the last 15 years and a fair chunk of them in the 5 years before that.
How many games in your lifetime? on 09:32 - Jul 6 with 644 viewsbwildered

To many when we lose, no enough when we win.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

How many games in your lifetime? on 19:42 - Jul 6 with 623 viewspwrightsknees

I can't compete with you chaps on numbers of games, but I was taken to my first match at Layer Road, 3rd April 1954 (aged 7) - a 1-1 draw with Brighton. A regular whenever I could go, but I played local league on a Saturday afternoon throughout most of the 1960's, and then moved away. I did get to the Leeds and both West Brom matches, though, and came down from Scotland for all three of our Wembley appearances in the 90's. I reckon I must have seen about 300/400 matches.
How many games in your lifetime? on 20:32 - Jul 6 with 620 viewsgerry_us

Sorry but I haven't had my lifetime yet!
Login to get fewer ads

How many games in your lifetime? on 17:09 - Jul 7 with 593 viewsCol_U_Chris

I must be well over the 1000 mark by now home and away, wish I had kept count from the start but a bit too late now I am 61!!
How many games in your lifetime? on 22:56 - Jul 10 with 575 viewsdurham_exile

Difficult one:

Supported Enfield in the Isthmian league as a youngster - have been to virtually every non league ground in London and many more supporting them in the FA Amateur Cup.

Then moved on to Chelsea - Osgood, Cook, Houseman, Chopper Harris, Tambling etc.

Saw the light in 1972 and have supported the mighty Colchester ever since. Former season ticket holder - now exiled in darkest Durham.

Well over 1200 games all up - majority Colchester

Up the U's

Durham_exile

How many games in your lifetime? on 10:05 - Jul 11 with 566 viewsBluenWightExile

Being exiled makes it trickier I suppose but as Durham and Wessex point out as long as the majority are U's games!! I'm around the 260 mark now, with more U's away than home witnessed. Like Durham lots of non league too in that figure, some when we were Conferenced! First game I watched was 1966 v Aldershot. First supporter of Aldershot I've ever met was at my first Isle of Wight exhibition a few months back. Oddly he was at that same game and we both recalled it despite the bore 0-0.
Fewer games in recent years due to Alderney and Isle of Wight exile.....but the 260 figure will grow!

Pinault-noir

How many games in your lifetime? on 15:54 - Jul 13 with 540 viewsBarsidepete

If I add games 'attended' as keeper as a youth player in Fürth, does that count as games in my lifetime?

dozen or more U's games in the last 5-6 years (flyovers)..

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024