Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football allegiances 23:23 - Jul 11 with 477 viewswessex_exile

Okay, not the expected "who else do you follow" question, more a sort of vox pop really.

I think I need to know if I'm weird or normal...okay, in many respects regarding my dysfunctional lifestyle I sort of know the answer to that one...but specifically, when I think back over the various chapters of my life, and the countless people I've met on that journey, I might struggle to remember their partner's (male or female) name, certainly their children's names, how many (or even if they have any at all?), what they do as a job, dammit even their surnames for some, the one thing I can recall without fail is who they support...

...that can't be right surely?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Football allegiances on 09:23 - Jul 12 with 460 viewsnoah4x4

I can remember the most obscure facts (as if I was Mastermind) and recall hundreds of jokes (like Bob Monkhouse), but I tend to struggle when putting names to faces.

It's a horrible tricky feeling when somebody says "Hello Noah" and I know exactly where I met them; when & what they were wearing; what they drank and loads of other facts that would make me a brilliant witness, but remember their names........no chance.....and I simply don't understand why.

I think it must be something to do with what brain cells are the most active and effective and some folk are more 'left-brain' when others are more'right-brain'. At work I could always solve some 'problems' at the speed of light that others could not; yet they would add up a column of figures in their heads for which I needed to take my shoes and socks off and count digits.

Hence I think trouble recalling names is a common characteristic, or maybe I need a 'dementia friend' too.....I hope this helps William....
Football allegiances on 01:03 - Jul 13 with 430 viewsBarsidepete

Enjoyed my time in Des Moines, Iowa, was great interviewing Drake U players after a game. 1500 for a college game, that's not too shabby.

Gerry always comes to mind because I still need to see a Grimsby game. For some reason, Braintree too, but only if it fits in.

Always have an eye on Spurs now since Z'Dan and I attended the Benfica Europa game ..

Everton, must see how Timmy Howard is doing. One of these days Happy will finally get me to a Derby County match. Lucky for him we didn't attend the last one we might have, Ippy 2-1 Derby ..

That may not have answered the question.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024