Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Geoffrey Boycott... 11:29 - Jul 22 with 401 viewsLeadbelly

...regarding Alistair Cook's refusal to resign as England cricket captain

"He's obviously not going to move unless you get six wild stallions to pull him out," said Boycott.

"It's that stubbornness about him. He's only interested in what he sees," Boycott told BBC Radio 5 live.

Bear, monkey, hairy arse, Geoffrey?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Geoffrey Boycott... on 12:45 - Jul 22 with 387 viewsthrillseeker

I don't like cricket but I have to say the day a Yorkshire man tells Essex man what to do will be a bad day
Geoffrey Boycott... on 12:47 - Jul 22 with 387 viewsBluenWightExile

Quite so Whalers!
I now switch off when he comes on. A revolting unintelligent anachronism. I would imagine current players either loathe him or laugh at him. Another BBC howler - he should never have been reengaged after his Yardy comment which was of the Warner on Trott variety.
Summarisers like Marks (humorous, insightful and fair), Tuffers (humour and sensitivity ) and Vaughan do far far more intelligible work.
Swann has made an interesting and engaging start too.

Pinault-noir

Geoffrey Boycott... on 13:19 - Jul 22 with 383 viewsLeadbelly

I love cricket and attend games whenever time and funds allow but have to rely on coverage from Sky and TMS most of the time.

I have to say I really struggle to listen to Boycott these days as he seems to be living in the past (when he reigned supreme, of course). He almost never seems to enjoy the game, provides no particularly constructive criticism and treats Jonathan Agnew like an idiot...which he clearly is not.

Obviously Cook has been struggling for some time. Those far more knowledgeable than me point to a technical fault with his batting, which seems to be the case, but it's not as if he is the only England player underperforming over the last 9 months.

One of my business partners, originally from Bradford, has met Boycott on several occasions whilst following England due to the misfortune of staying in the same hotel.. Described him as a boorish, professional Yorkshireman who has no desire to hear anyone speak except himself.

Leave Cook alone!

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024