Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U's at the Valley, that's just Capital 09:51 - Aug 12 with 941 viewsdurham_exile

Game 2 — League Cup away to Charlton Athletic and already sadly the injuries have a familiar ring to them.

Has JD walked under numerous ladders, run over more black cats than you can shake a stick at and refused to buy some heather from a Gypsy?

5 injuries — long term Tosin Olufemi, David Wright and Sanchez Watt and new injuries to Craig Eastmond and Drey Wright. Almost half a team.

Meanwhile we are led to believe that opposition boss Bob Peeters is going to ring the changes. Pull the other one.

Our squad is already paper thin, we cannot afford any more injuries.

Fortunately because we have only seen Sanchez Watt occasionally in a U’s shirt, many supporters may not have actually seen him play! But to illustrate just what a big loss to the team he is, just remember his performance at Carlisle last season when he ghosted in and scored a superb goal from absolutely nothing at all.

Well we can bemoan his loss, but Craig Eastmond’s loss is equally disturbing.

So JD has limited options but the good news is that on paper we can still field a decent looking XI in a 4,2,3,1 formation.

Walker

Clohessy Magnus Eastman Gordon

Gilbey Bean

Vose Sears Moncur

Ibehre

Subs:
Thompson Kent Lewington Massey Holman Bonne Szmodics

Now our record in this competition is frankly lamentable, but, with Peeters ringing the changes, we should approach the game with confidence.

Safe journey to all travelling U’s supporters

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

U's at the Valley, that's just Capital on 10:54 - Aug 12 with 930 viewsnoah4x4

Durham, one good game doesn't mean a winter of pleasure. I remember Sanchez Watt at Swindon away. He might as well have not bothered to turn up. Thereafter he has been poor and to my mind has ever since always looked unfit (or disinterested). He seems to have lost the plot and had he been out of contract I think we might have seen him depart. Perhaps he thinks he is too good for Division One? Compare his low work rate with that of Vose or Sears.

"Half a team injured"? Three of the five mentioned wouldn't be in my regular starting line-up. If this means we can more rapidly turn to the wonderful boys that stuffed Bradford in the Youth Cup that are now a year older; then great. Then let's add the equally youthful Vose and Moncur, whom are (I reckon) our two best prospects. But here, I can understand why Joe Dunne is using both as impact players from the bench.

I will be there to cheer on whatever U's line-up tonight. But will Jabo once again miss as many chances as he did on Saturday? Will Magnus be vulnerable against Championship opposition? In my opinion; these are our two problem positions; and I am hoping to see Holman start with Sears tonight and Kent be paired with Eastman. Frankie Kent is far more comfortable on the ball. I also actually wonder if the hard working Ibrehe might do a better job in midfield than when he is (NOT!) leading the line? Both he and Sears do some wonderful stuff out wide. If only they could hunt as a pair and not as individuals. That's why I would like JD to try Holman and Sears to see how they combine against decent opposition in a meaningless cup game where the result matters little.
U's at the Valley, that's just Capital on 14:27 - Aug 12 with 902 viewsdurham_exile

U's at the Valley, that's just Capital on 10:54 - Aug 12 by noah4x4

Durham, one good game doesn't mean a winter of pleasure. I remember Sanchez Watt at Swindon away. He might as well have not bothered to turn up. Thereafter he has been poor and to my mind has ever since always looked unfit (or disinterested). He seems to have lost the plot and had he been out of contract I think we might have seen him depart. Perhaps he thinks he is too good for Division One? Compare his low work rate with that of Vose or Sears.

"Half a team injured"? Three of the five mentioned wouldn't be in my regular starting line-up. If this means we can more rapidly turn to the wonderful boys that stuffed Bradford in the Youth Cup that are now a year older; then great. Then let's add the equally youthful Vose and Moncur, whom are (I reckon) our two best prospects. But here, I can understand why Joe Dunne is using both as impact players from the bench.

I will be there to cheer on whatever U's line-up tonight. But will Jabo once again miss as many chances as he did on Saturday? Will Magnus be vulnerable against Championship opposition? In my opinion; these are our two problem positions; and I am hoping to see Holman start with Sears tonight and Kent be paired with Eastman. Frankie Kent is far more comfortable on the ball. I also actually wonder if the hard working Ibrehe might do a better job in midfield than when he is (NOT!) leading the line? Both he and Sears do some wonderful stuff out wide. If only they could hunt as a pair and not as individuals. That's why I would like JD to try Holman and Sears to see how they combine against decent opposition in a meaningless cup game where the result matters little.

Noah,

JD has made Magnus club captain, therefore he will start more games than he sits out. Young Eastman could be the one to make way for Kent. He was partly t fault with Forte's first goal on Saturday.

I stand by my assessment of Watt. But he must get fit and quick.

You will see from my predicted line-ups that I would have started both Moncur and Vose on Saturday and would tonight.

I disagree about the value of the competition. I would really value a cup run be it Capital or FA Cup. We have a bye in the Associate Members cup or whatever we call it these days.

I will be at Ashton Gate on Saturday.

Winning is a nice habit to get into, it is about time that we did.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

U's at the Valley, that's just Capital on 20:41 - Aug 12 with 863 viewsgerry_us

Finally Joe has realised there is an alternative to Walker in goal. Hopefully Lewington will get the chance to stake a claim. Walker mistake for first goal on Saturday. He needs the competition to keep him up to some sort of form.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2014 20:45]
U's at the Valley, that's just Capital on 21:25 - Aug 12 with 850 viewsdurham_exile

U's at the Valley, that's just Capital on 20:41 - Aug 12 by gerry_us

Finally Joe has realised there is an alternative to Walker in goal. Hopefully Lewington will get the chance to stake a claim. Walker mistake for first goal on Saturday. He needs the competition to keep him up to some sort of form.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2014 20:45]

Gerry

Hope you are well.

A penalty and Magnus red carded after 22 mins.

3-0 game well and truly over for another year (in the Capital cup).

Concentrate on the league on Saturday.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

U's at the Valley, that's just Capital on 21:47 - Aug 12 with 844 viewsgerry_us

Concentrating on the league a bit early aren't we Durham?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024