Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The U'sual NFL PL... returns after a hiatus .. 16:04 - Aug 13 with 600 viewsBarsidepete

Two weeks before first games, 1 pt for each winner.

*This season NO 2 POINT BONUS GAMES (that was where in past 2 of 8 selected counted more. Well, whatever. Pick 8 winners and run with your points this year, 1 pt each)

Otherwise, same as before and not overly-complicated as usual. Occasionally there will be pick-10's instead of 8's.. and guest presenters are welcome to participate with their own pick 8's or 10's during the season term, let me know via posts or inbox if you're interested in hosting a week... 1 pt for correct winner. No otherwise jokers or whatever.

So look out for the first week (of 17) of the NFL PL, shortly. A fun sidebar for a few of us, anyone welcome to join
[Post edited 13 Aug 2014 16:42]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

The U'sual NFL PL... returns after a hiatus .. on 16:39 - Aug 13 with 587 viewsLeadbelly

Count me in.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

The U'sual NFL PL... returns after a hiatus .. on 16:55 - Aug 13 with 586 viewsBarsidepete

The U'sual NFL PL... returns after a hiatus .. on 16:39 - Aug 13 by Leadbelly

Count me in.

Great to hear, Lead! ... But frankly, one of our legends, MFB has waited a long time for his Aaron 12 Packers shirt as winner... *nearly atcha, M :D ....

so if you win the PL, we call it the ultimate umbrella prize

edit: wait, Leeds a giant in rugby, so does that not give you a kind of advantage as one who's probably watched an NFL game here and there? .. hmm.

Um, Thrillseeker? (who has put the pads on before, but that's all I'll say .. Thrillo, sorry to call you out, mate.. But yar, he's very well versed in the nuances of American football.

You think you're going to be a notch in the table versus Thrill or MFB, our new Happy PL Amind? really?

Great to see your moxie .

.. incidentally, could you please join the Happy League in it's 12th year? It's annoying when you're not innit:D *sorry, inside joke with one two :P
[Post edited 13 Aug 2014 17:24]

The U'sual NFL PL... returns after a hiatus .. on 22:12 - Aug 13 with 557 viewsgerry_us

Viking supporter in
The U'sual NFL PL... returns after a hiatus .. on 23:30 - Aug 13 with 549 viewsmfb_cufc

Count me in please Pete.

mfb

The U'sual NFL PL... returns after a hiatus .. on 23:55 - Aug 13 with 548 viewsBarsidepete

The U'sual NFL PL... returns after a hiatus .. on 22:12 - Aug 13 by gerry_us

Viking supporter in

Hard to read the Vikes this year, Gerry. Could win 4, could be 9-10. Their stad is being built anew so they have to play at the U of Minnesota stadium this season and next.

The U'sual NFL PL... returns after a hiatus .. on 23:56 - Aug 13 with 547 viewsBarsidepete

The U'sual NFL PL... returns after a hiatus .. on 23:30 - Aug 13 by mfb_cufc

Count me in please Pete.

Fab to have you back aboard champ!

The U'sual NFL PL... returns after a hiatus .. on 12:43 - Aug 14 with 525 viewsLeadbelly

The U'sual NFL PL... returns after a hiatus .. on 16:55 - Aug 13 by Barsidepete

Great to hear, Lead! ... But frankly, one of our legends, MFB has waited a long time for his Aaron 12 Packers shirt as winner... *nearly atcha, M :D ....

so if you win the PL, we call it the ultimate umbrella prize

edit: wait, Leeds a giant in rugby, so does that not give you a kind of advantage as one who's probably watched an NFL game here and there? .. hmm.

Um, Thrillseeker? (who has put the pads on before, but that's all I'll say .. Thrillo, sorry to call you out, mate.. But yar, he's very well versed in the nuances of American football.

You think you're going to be a notch in the table versus Thrill or MFB, our new Happy PL Amind? really?

Great to see your moxie .

.. incidentally, could you please join the Happy League in it's 12th year? It's annoying when you're not innit:D *sorry, inside joke with one two :P
[Post edited 13 Aug 2014 17:24]

As a Patriots fan I already have my Brady 12 jersey so an umbrella will be lovely.

I've no interest in Rugby Union and relatively little in Rugby League. Nominally a St Helens fan as my granddad supported them. I have, however, been an avid follower of the NFL since 1984, Patriots all the way as I really liked Steve Grogan at QB. Not one of the numerous glory hunters due to the Brady/ Belicick(?) era.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

The U'sual NFL PL... returns after a hiatus .. on 14:25 - Aug 20 with 449 viewsRSCOSWORTH

I'm in! I missed not doing last year.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Login to get fewer ads

The U'sual NFL PL... returns after a hiatus .. on 19:46 - Aug 20 with 439 viewsthrillseeker

I'll participate
The U'sual NFL PL... returns after a hiatus .. on 18:18 - Aug 22 with 420 viewsBarsidepete

Great to have you on board, mates:) .. First week of 17 won't be posted for another week or so.

Anyone that has at minimum half an eye on the NFL, we'll keep it interesting and context to weekly games will be clear. That was in fact part of the original notion (that was 2007, i believe) .. Create a league where perhaps all you do is watch the highlights after the weekend but enjoy some of the nuances of the NFL.

American footy has stepped forward to have a serious commitment to fans in England with 3 games at Wembley this year, not friendlies, but games that actually count over here too.

So anyone welcome to join, inbox me or simply wait to post picks when the first 8 are decided on week 1.

Each participant will be able to present their 8 during the season. It's a PL but it's also interactive.

Playoff format after 17 weeks (16 games) yet to be determined. We PLers will sort that early doors in the league.

Thank you for your interest, mates

The U'sual NFL PL... returns after a hiatus .. on 23:29 - Aug 25 with 359 viewsSarboy

Oh go on then, just for old times sake!

Ne Te Confundant Illegitemi

The U'sual NFL PL... returns after a hiatus .. on 17:13 - Aug 26 with 339 viewsBarsidepete

The U'sual NFL PL... returns after a hiatus .. on 23:29 - Aug 25 by Sarboy

Oh go on then, just for old times sake!

Great to hear, mate.

7 of us now and that's pretty darned good for a PL that took a term off for hols :D

.. for those who don't recall, Sarboy has always been a legend, I don't recall a season when he finished lower than 3rd.. Plus if memory serves, an NFL PL playoff championship.

This league feels very top heavy. No one will finish less than 50 per cent .. We need one or two more participants who wish to compete for the wooden spoon and lowest seed, ultimately, for the playoffs and superb owl

Daniel? You in?

The U'sual NFL PL... returns after a hiatus .. on 00:17 - Aug 30 with 300 viewsBarsidepete

First set of 8 will be posted this weekend, so be on the lookout for these.

As previously mentioned, pick winners, simple as that.

The U'sual NFL PL... returns after a hiatus .. on 13:23 - Aug 30 with 286 viewsDaniel

'fraid I don't have much enthusiasm for this Pete. I'll mention it to the guy at my work who's into his NFL.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024