Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Posh in Town - time for the first win of the season 00:32 - Aug 30 with 833 viewsdurham_exile

JD has confirmed that the U's are playing better than at this same stage last season.

That may be true but the league table doesn't lie.

We must secure a vital home victory against our rivals tomorrow or face the prospect of becoming cut adrift at this very early stage of the season.

Goal scoring for the third successive season is a problem, made all the more frustrating because we finished the last season very strongly.

Buoyed by the return of Sanchez Watt and David Wright JD is still likely to start with them both on the bench.

The sooner Watt is back in the team the better.

So the familiar 4,2,3,1 formation against the Posh:

Walker

Clohessy Magnus Eastman Gordon

Gilbey Bean

Sears Vose Moncur

Ibehre

Subs:

Lewington, Kent, D Wright, Watt, Eastmond, Massey, Holman

Enjoy the game

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Posh in Town - time for the first win of the season on 12:30 - Aug 30 with 792 viewswessex_exile

Must-win game for sure, but I have little optimism that we will - when I looked at the fixture list for August, this was the one I thought we were least likely to get anything from to be honest. However, we've played very well and got precious little return so far, so I'll be happy with a dreadful game and the U's nicking 3pts in the 4th minute of injury-time with a highly debatable penalty - god knows we need a slice or two of luck that's for sure.

Heyho - Up the U's!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Posh in Town - time for the first win of the season on 13:21 - Aug 30 with 790 viewsDaniel

I fear a heavy defeat and a chunk of the 'support' calling for Dunne's head. But then again, we're Colchester United, so I would not be surprised if we perform and get a result.
Posh in Town - time for the first win of the season on 15:46 - Aug 30 with 777 viewsdurham_exile

Uphill struggle - need a determined second half performance

Belief, commitment, passion, energy, GOALS

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Posh in Town - time for the first win of the season on 15:56 - Aug 30 with 772 viewsgerry_us

Posh in Town - time for the first win of the season on 15:46 - Aug 30 by durham_exile

Uphill struggle - need a determined second half performance

Belief, commitment, passion, energy, GOALS

Up the U's

Are you actually listening to this Durham?
A bit like having a broken leg/ankle I suppose. Hope Mrs Durham is on the mend but I am sceptical that with the resources the U's have available at present we may be in casualty for a long time.
Posh in Town - time for the first win of the season on 16:05 - Aug 30 with 767 viewsdurham_exile

Posh in Town - time for the first win of the season on 15:56 - Aug 30 by gerry_us

Are you actually listening to this Durham?
A bit like having a broken leg/ankle I suppose. Hope Mrs Durham is on the mend but I am sceptical that with the resources the U's have available at present we may be in casualty for a long time.

Hi Gerry

No just to Radio 5 Live.

Heard the score and couldn't believe it.

We have had 9 shots and 5 on target which is more than Peterbore!!!!

Pity we can't find the back of the net.

Have a strange feeling that we are going to win 3-2.

Clearly I am taking Mrs Durham's pain killers!!!!
She is on the mend but it is slow going.

up the U's

Durham_exile

Posh in Town - time for the first win of the season on 17:09 - Aug 30 with 760 viewswessex_exile

Posh in Town - time for the first win of the season on 16:05 - Aug 30 by durham_exile

Hi Gerry

No just to Radio 5 Live.

Heard the score and couldn't believe it.

We have had 9 shots and 5 on target which is more than Peterbore!!!!

Pity we can't find the back of the net.

Have a strange feeling that we are going to win 3-2.

Clearly I am taking Mrs Durham's pain killers!!!!
She is on the mend but it is slow going.

up the U's

Keep taking the meds Durham, looks like we'll all need a few doses this season...

Heyho, looks like the trip to the Bescot next sat'dy is already a relegation 6-pointer.

Up the U's

Posh in Town - time for the first win of the season on 17:23 - Aug 30 with 752 viewsdurham_exile

Posh in Town - time for the first win of the season on 17:09 - Aug 30 by wessex_exile

Keep taking the meds Durham, looks like we'll all need a few doses this season...

Heyho, looks like the trip to the Bescot next sat'dy is already a relegation 6-pointer.

Hi Wessex

23 shots, 10 on target, only 1 goal (again).

We will be alright when the players don their shooting boots.

You are right it's going to be a long hard season.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Posh in Town - time for the first win of the season on 17:45 - Aug 30 with 740 viewswessex_exile

Posh in Town - time for the first win of the season on 17:23 - Aug 30 by durham_exile

Hi Wessex

23 shots, 10 on target, only 1 goal (again).

We will be alright when the players don their shooting boots.

You are right it's going to be a long hard season.

Up the U's

I agree, it's not for the lack of opportunities, we're making plenty of them to win most games several times over. What we really need is a massive confidence-boosting hammering of some no-hopers who rock up to Cuckoo Farm and have a decidedly off-day...unfortunately, next two are Sheffield United and Bradford City - and that will be September done and dusted.

Still, look on the bright side, we're through to the next round of the LDV :-)

Up the U's

Login to get fewer ads

Posh in Town - time for the first win of the season on 18:11 - Aug 30 with 725 viewsthrillseeker

For you exiles and non readers of the OMB this is what I posted on OMB

Back home and can only say same old Col U

Playing well, creating numerous chances but missing them all.

Mistake - bang we concede

Another mistake - bang we concede

2nd half playing well, creating chances but missing them.

We finally convert a chance

The mistakes are basic errors. I can handle a mistakes when they are genuine ones but these are basic

1st goal - Eastman drops off as he has no pace others push up, Boro player possibly offside but maybe onside just.

2nd goal - Eastman and Gordon don't put in a tackle. Yes the throw in was a weird decision by ref considering linesman didn't give it but we switched off and 15 seconds later we are conceding

3rd goal - Eastman and Gordon combine their mistakes , then have a fear of tackling

I think Eastman needs a rest as I fear for the team every time he is near the ball. He is still young in real terms and I think he needs some protection and given a break from first team action.

Jabo still frustrates me. All hard work but his ability to score his shocking

Funny thing is despite the result and numerous missed chances there are positives but unfortunately our basic defensive mistakes and not taking chances lose us the game and it is a results business.

I think we are close to a good team but weirdly it feels we are miles away - can't describe it exactly.

I am beginning to wonder if this is going to be another relegation battle

The joys (and frustration) of being a CUFC fan.

Keep the faith
Posh in Town - time for the first win of the season on 22:32 - Aug 30 with 655 viewsdurham_exile

Posh in Town - time for the first win of the season on 18:11 - Aug 30 by thrillseeker

For you exiles and non readers of the OMB this is what I posted on OMB

Back home and can only say same old Col U

Playing well, creating numerous chances but missing them all.

Mistake - bang we concede

2nd half playing well, creating chances but missing them.

We finally convert a chance

The mistakes are basic errors. I can handle a mistakes when they are genuine ones but these are basic

1st goal - Eastman drops off as he has no pace others push up, Boro player possibly offside but maybe onside just.

2nd goal - Eastman and Gordon don't put in a tackle. Yes the throw in was a weird decision by ref considering linesman didn't give it but we switched off and 15 seconds later we are conceding

3rd goal - Eastman and Gordon combine their mistakes , then have a fear of tackling

I think Eastman needs a rest as I fear for the team every time he is near the ball. He is still young in real terms and I think he needs some protection and given a break from first team action.

Jabo still frustrates me. All hard work but his ability to score his shocking

Funny thing is despite the result and numerous missed chances there are positives but unfortunately our basic defensive mistakes and not taking chances lose us the game and it is a results business.

I think we are close to a good team but weirdly it feels we are miles away - can't describe it exactly.

I am beginning to wonder if this is going to be another relegation battle

The joys (and frustration) of being a CUFC fan.

Keep the faith

Thrill seeker - thank you for your insight into today's events.

Would you see Kent as replacement for Tom Eastman?

Who was most guilty of the missed opportunities?

Sadly on present form the R word is gathering momentum, even at this fledgling stage.

Walsall at the Bescot is already a six pointer as Wessex opines.

Keep the faith.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Posh in Town - time for the first win of the season on 08:12 - Aug 31 with 621 viewsthrillseeker

Durham - I cannot comment on Frankie Kent as never seen him play but I feel for Eastman who's confidence is shot to pieces.

His lack of pace is creating pressure on the back 4 unit as he drops off so much once he realises the striker has pace as he needs the extra few yards head start

Jabo & Sears were guilty of glaring misses yesterday.

Despite only being August 31 I fear another long season with a relegation battle unless we take our chances and stop the BASIC errors

I still feel we are close to being a good team

I'm sure (well I hope) JD can also see problem because if he can't he shouldn't be a manager. By the way that is not a call for him to resign or be sacked

The football yesterday was enjoyable but it is a results business.

Keep the faith
Posh in Town - time for the first win of the season on 10:03 - Aug 31 with 601 viewsnoah4x4

I won't be doing a deeper report as Thrillseeker has almost said it all.

However, the pass that produced the first Posh goal was three yards offside and we suffered all day from abysmal linesmen.

Before the second Posh goal the ball went two feet out of play (on the deck) unnoticed by the linesmen twenty yards away. We carried on and took the ball thirty yards up the pitch. However, the referee (at twice the distance) called the game back with the U's on the attack hence with (now attacking) defenders ahead of this position. A quick return of the ball gave Posh an unfair advantage as we were advanced. They took a quick throw (can't be offside) and we were undone.

The referee wasn't actually too bad, but if he deemed Szmodics deliberately handled the ball; as it was a goal bound shot; why wasn't he sent off like Magnus at Charlton? OK, it worked in our favour, and Walker saved the penalty, but why such inconsistency amongst officials?

Our problem is simply that Sears and Jabo currently can't hit a barn door. Joe Dunne tried Szmodics and Holman, Massey, Vose, Watt et el in the same game and between them we had 24 shots, nine on target, but most were 'powder puffs'. This isn't a tactical problem or manager problem. We just have to find our shooting boots.
Posh in Town - time for the first win of the season on 13:22 - Aug 31 with 566 viewsbwildered

Strange but true, a better display by the U's than the previous weeks defeat. However the same problem still are evident at the back . No pace, to static and failure to stop low crosses into the box .
Perhaps it's hard to judge against a side who will in the frame come the end of the season but this is the yardstick we have to compere.
Until the final goal the U's had a lively spell, with lots of positives with perhaps are strongest attacking side on the field.
But until the defence stop leaking goals and starting to look more solid we will be relegated at Easter .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024