Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Dunne Leaves The U's 11:11 - Sep 1 with 1711 viewsRSCOSWORTH

http://www.cu-fc.com/news/article/010914-joe-dunne-leaves-colchester-united-1889

Not the right decision in my opinion. It’s not like the team isn’t playing well, they’re just not getting results and surely defeats against Bristol City, Doncaster Rovers and Peterborough United are kind of expected.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Joe Dunne Leaves The U's on 11:17 - Sep 1 with 1334 viewsSector4

I agree RS, the performance v Peterborough was much better than against Doncaster.
Joe Dunne Leaves The U's on 11:55 - Sep 1 with 1297 viewsRSCOSWORTH

I haven't been a game myself yet this season but after reading various reports, Doncaster aside, the performances have generally been positive with the team playing more attractive and attacking football than last season. The results obviously haven't been as expected but most sides will go through one or two bad runs in a season why is it such a disaster when it's the first five games? From what I've read with a bit more luck and better finishing we could have seven or eight points by now which would be a fairer reflection on how we've actually been playing.

Joe Dunne Leaves The U's on 11:56 - Sep 1 with 1297 viewsColukev

Rumour has it Alan Devonshire is to take over.

Don't wonders with Braintree, sad to see Joe go, but not surprised.

Could be the breath of fresh air we need.
Joe Dunne Leaves The U's on 12:16 - Sep 1 with 1281 viewsTropical_Us

Skybet are probably guessing but have Sean O'Driscoll as current 6/1 favourite.
Joe Dunne Leaves The U's on 12:25 - Sep 1 with 1268 viewsItsnotunusal

Joe Dunne Leaves The U's on 12:16 - Sep 1 by Tropical_Us

Skybet are probably guessing but have Sean O'Driscoll as current 6/1 favourite.

Would not mind O'Driscoll, Devonshire not even among the usual suspects, will have to keep any eye out for him

http://www.thesackrace.com/teams/colchester-united
Joe Dunne Leaves The U's on 12:48 - Sep 1 with 1251 viewsColukev

You cant trust a thing on Skybet. how does Jamie Cureton get 20/1!!! Wouldn't mind Mark Robins...although im actually hoping rumours of Devonshire are spot on!

Mark Venus 4/7

Steve Ball 9/1

Mark Robins 10/1

Mark Kinsella 10/1

Sean O'Driscoll 12/1

Gary Megson 14/1

Kevin Blackwell 14/1

Gary Waddock 14/1

Paul Hart 16/1

Colin Calderwood 16/1

Dean Austin 20/1

David Kerslake 20/1

Jamie Cureton 20/1

Brian Laws 20/1

Steve Burr 20/1

Paul Ince 25/1

Andy King 33/1

Iain Dowie 33/1

Neil Aspin 33/1

Alan Curbishley 33/1

Terry Connor 33/1

Ian Sampson 33/1
Joe Dunne Leaves The U's on 12:54 - Sep 1 with 1243 viewsLeadbelly

Surprised but not surprised if that makes sense. Great shame as I really hoped Joe would be able to take the team forward.

Can't see us bringing in a big name manager but I just hope it is someone who can get the most out of the current squad.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Joe Dunne Leaves The U's on 12:56 - Sep 1 with 1241 viewspwrightsknees

Very sad to see Joe go. A wonderful, dedicated, long-term servant, and true legend of the club.

But, I'm afraid, managers, albeit a football club or any other business, are judged on results. His budget has severely restricted him, but Joe's tenure simply hasn't brought sufficient points.

Good luck, Joe, and thanks for all you've done for the club.
Login to get fewer ads

Joe Dunne Leaves The U's on 13:19 - Sep 1 with 1225 viewsSuperTed

I agree, I wish he would have stayed. Results have not gone well, but performances have been good bar some defensive lapses, and the football has been exciting to watch. We are very close to being a very good side. Please let us not go back to hoofball again.
Joe Dunne Leaves The U's on 13:23 - Sep 1 with 1225 viewsDaniel

I don't know which emotion has hit me more. The shock that he's gone, the anger that he's gone or the sadness that he's gone.

After all that Cowling has been saying about the future of the club, this is a terrible decision and completely at the wrong time. Yes Dunne had his faults, but he was making progress on the budget he had to work with.

Five league games in and I had no complaints. Doncaster was a poor game, but we just dropped to their level and against Peterboro (who are top of the league!) we were the better team up against crap officials.

Cowling needs to explain himself.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Joe Dunne Leaves The U's on 13:35 - Sep 1 with 1210 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Joe Dunne Leaves The U's on 13:23 - Sep 1 by Daniel

I don't know which emotion has hit me more. The shock that he's gone, the anger that he's gone or the sadness that he's gone.

After all that Cowling has been saying about the future of the club, this is a terrible decision and completely at the wrong time. Yes Dunne had his faults, but he was making progress on the budget he had to work with.

Five league games in and I had no complaints. Doncaster was a poor game, but we just dropped to their level and against Peterboro (who are top of the league!) we were the better team up against crap officials.

I completely agree.

Press conference at 17:30, could we have a new manager before the end of the day?

Joe Dunne Leaves The U's on 13:39 - Sep 1 with 1210 viewsthrillseeker

If Alan Devonshire is appointed my 37 years of support will probably end (self imposed exile) until he leaves.

His football is awful and reminds me of Hoofroyd
Joe Dunne Leaves The U's on 14:32 - Sep 1 with 1177 viewsLeadbelly

Devonshire is evens in the betting plus Cowling supports West Ham so it wouldn't be a surprise if he was appointed.

Joe Dunne Leaves The U's on 14:40 - Sep 1 with 1175 viewsnoah4x4

Gets Cowling and new manager off the hook when Dunne is blamed for poor start that leads to relegation. Terrible decision Cowling; and please NO to Devonshire 'Hoofball".
Joe Dunne Leaves The U's on 14:43 - Sep 1 with 1169 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Odds on Mark Venus are very short everywhere though and bookies don't get much wrong.

Joe Dunne Leaves The U's on 15:14 - Sep 1 with 1150 viewsdurham_exile

Joe Dunne Leaves The U's on 14:43 - Sep 1 by RSCOSWORTH

Odds on Mark Venus are very short everywhere though and bookies don't get much wrong.

Alan Devonshire is the man to be unveiled at the Press Conference.

My only concern is his lack of Football League Management experience.

Otherwise bring it on.

Three points at Walsall is beckoning.

Up the U's

PS: From the publicity photographs, I must get a flat cap - preferably Harris Tweed!!!

[Post edited 1 Sep 2014 15:20]

Durham_exile

Joe Dunne Leaves The U's on 15:41 - Sep 1 with 1119 viewsBluenWightExile

I'm with Noah 4x4, Daniel and Cossie.
Very disappointed indeed.
Too early. Indications were that we are playing decently with the scant resources a core of a diminishing 2750 faithful could fund.
Joe is one of our own and he's had less than 2 years.
I usually agree wth Mr Cowling and acknowledge his support and finance but on this occasion - wrong decision.

Very disappointed.

Pinault-noir

Joe Dunne Leaves The U's on 15:51 - Sep 1 with 1102 viewsColukev

Interesting developments....

Both AD and Braintree chairman have said no contact from Cowling. AD has drifted to 11/8 and Paul Ince has shorted dramatically at 2/1! thoughts on Paul Ince?

Alan Devonshire 11/8

Paul Ince 2/1

Mark Venus 5/2

Steve Ball 12/1

Sean O'Driscoll 12/1

Mark Robins 14/1

Kevin Blackwell 14/1

Mark Kinsella 14/1

Gary Waddock 14/1

Gary Megson 14/1

Colin Calderwood 16/1

Paul Hart 16/1

Richard Hall 16/1

Karl Duguid 16/1

Tony Humes 18/1

Jamie Cureton 20/1

Steve Burr 20/1

Dean Austin 20/1

David Kerslake 20/1

Brian Laws 20/1

Alan Curbishley 33/1

Neil Aspin 33/1

Ian Sampson 33/1

Andy King 33/1

Terry Connor 33/1

Iain Dowie 33/1
Joe Dunne Leaves The U's on 16:15 - Sep 1 with 1080 viewsLeadbelly

Paul Ince - Pretty bad wherever he's been. No thanks.

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:30 - Sep 1 with 1003 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Joe Dunne Leaves The U's on 17:34 - Sep 1 with 993 viewsDaniel

Tony Humes has been promoted to first team manager.
Joe Dunne Leaves The U's on 17:38 - Sep 1 with 991 viewsRSCOSWORTH

My bloody post didn't post again!

Joe Dunne Leaves The U's on 17:42 - Sep 1 with 988 viewswessex_exile

Joe Dunne Leaves The U's on 13:23 - Sep 1 by Daniel

Yep - looks like I'm in agreement with most here - shocked, angry and sad at this news, definitely not the right time or the right decision in my book. However, I know that dreadful phrase 'by mutual consent' has been used, but maybe this really was Joe having had enough and couldn't be persuaded to change his mind by Robbie? Joe has come in for a huge amount of criticism (mostly on the OMB) over the last year or so, and particularly this season already, and I have no doubt he (and the players) read the boards - that's gotta grind you down eventually...

Oh well - good luck Joe wherever you end up (and did I read Mark has left with him?), and even more good luck to Tony Humes - the knives are already out on the OMB, so you're going to need it sir!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Joe Dunne Leaves The U's on 19:09 - Sep 1 with 953 viewsBarsidepete

Well-taken free kick at Upton Park, must say. Hammers fan but Spurs should consider a signing :D

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Joe Dunne Leaves The U's on 21:05 - Sep 1 with 921 viewsjaycronin

Joe Dunne Leaves The U's on 17:34 - Sep 1 by Daniel

Tony Humes has been promoted to first team manager.

A sad, sad, day. For the most part, it felt like the team were genuinely playing for Dunne. It could have been so different had Jabo put us 2-0 up against Oldham when he lobbed the keeper, but the ball just went wide of the post, instead, we let them back into it because we didn't get the 2-0 cushion (we always look like conceding). Had we won that game, our confidence would have been higher going into the next few league games. N.B. I'm trying my best to forget the Charlton game!
I have 2 questions:
1) Did Cowling even consider anyone other than Tony Humes???
2) Did Dunne going have anything to do with him giving Craig Eastmond time off???
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024