Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tony Humes 17:31 - Sep 1 with 1217 viewsbwildered

Tony Humes appointed has new U's manager ,a promotion from within .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Tony Humes on 17:34 - Sep 1 with 1203 viewsLeadbelly

As is the new assistant manager.

I'm almost speechless.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Tony Humes on 17:35 - Sep 1 with 1203 viewsColukev

So disappointed. Makes the sacking of JD even more of a mockery. What was the point.
Tony Humes on 17:41 - Sep 1 with 1199 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Just when you think there isn't a cheaper option...someone goes and finds one!

Haven't the last few internal promotions all been sacked? Whereas the managers we've found externally have left of their own accord?

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Tony Humes on 17:56 - Sep 1 with 1179 viewsbwildered

A appointment almost in name only , like the last one , from within and no first team experience.
No really a surprise has last year the chairman stated that no one would take the first team job and disrupt the infrastructure of the club and would have to take on the philosophy of the current academy . Tony Humes fits all the criteria.
Excellent day to do your dirty washing has its transfer deadline day .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Tony Humes on 18:19 - Sep 1 with 1146 viewsACollitt

Tony Humes on 17:56 - Sep 1 by bwildered

A appointment almost in name only , like the last one , from within and no first team experience.
No really a surprise has last year the chairman stated that no one would take the first team job and disrupt the infrastructure of the club and would have to take on the philosophy of the current academy . Tony Humes fits all the criteria.
Excellent day to do your dirty washing has its transfer deadline day .

Please contact me asap to give your reaction in tomorrow's Gazette. 01206 508414
Tony Humes on 18:50 - Sep 1 with 1117 viewsgerry_us

I don't know anything about the guy but if he gives some of academy players a decent run in the team he will have my full support.
This appointment is still not as daft as happened at Leeds so we will all just have to get used to it.
Tony Humes on 18:52 - Sep 1 with 1117 viewsBarsidepete

Ipswich central defender. So he'll be on to ITFC if he does well. Love the notion of long term stability here.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Tony Humes on 18:54 - Sep 1 with 1112 viewsBFG

Something was bound to change. 2 seasons of skin-of-the-teeth survival followed by a dismal start. Not sure I blame JD, trying to live within our means equals a wafer thin squad. I really thought we looked like bottom three material, few loans required now.
Login to get fewer ads

Tony Humes on 18:55 - Sep 1 with 1106 viewsBFG

Tony Humes on 18:50 - Sep 1 by gerry_us

I don't know anything about the guy but if he gives some of academy players a decent run in the team he will have my full support.
This appointment is still not as daft as happened at Leeds so we will all just have to get used to it.

Agreed :)
Tony Humes on 19:56 - Sep 1 with 1077 viewsgerry_us

Clever move to appoint him less than five hours to the end of the transfer period!
Tony Humes on 22:16 - Sep 1 with 1024 viewsdurham_exile

Tony Humes on 19:56 - Sep 1 by gerry_us

Clever move to appoint him less than five hours to the end of the transfer period!

Just listened to new boss Tony Humes on U's player.

Spoke well, articulate, honest, certainly knows the players and will pursue the accent on youth policy.

Apart from that I know nothing about him, but the appointment does seem to make sense and certainly is not in the realms of a "Les Read, Dave Hockaday, Malky MacKay or Mick bigger bast**d than bast**d Wadsworth"

Get behind the team, manager and backroom staff.

Keep the faith

Up the U's

[Post edited 1 Sep 2014 22:37]

Durham_exile

Tony Humes on 08:39 - Sep 2 with 966 viewsSector4

Mr Cowling's prioritisation of the academy is well known, what happens to the running of that now that it's head has been promoted ?
If Tony Humes isn't successful as 1st team manager we risk losing his expertise from the club altogether.
Surely it would have been better not to disturb what is currently the most successful aspect of the club?
Unless Joe chose to go or there are other factors that we are not aware of , perhaps relating to Craig Eastmond ( my speculation), then this move makes no sense.
If Joe had to go I would have preferred a manager with a record of lower league success who plays good football such as O'Driscoll.
Having said that , I think now is the time to get fully behind Humes and the team.
Tony Humes on 10:37 - Sep 2 with 947 viewsLeadbelly

Tony Humes on 18:50 - Sep 1 by gerry_us

For the last 10 years everything that has happened at Leeds has been daft, Hockaday's appointment being the most recent example. Colchester Utd is supremely well run by comparison.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Tony Humes on 16:32 - Sep 3 with 865 viewsdurham_exile

Have been speaking to a work colleague, who is an ardent Wrexham supporter.

Tony Humes fondly remembered at the Racecourse and he waxed lyrical about the towering Centre Half's bullet header against ITFC in the FA Cup.

Have a positive feeling about TH.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024