Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tony Humes' first senior match at the Bescot 17:53 - Sep 5 with 878 viewsdurham_exile

So after the U's worst start for 40 years, RC wasted no time in promoting Tony Humes from the academy (where he has considerable football experience and knowledge of the younger players in the squad. Together with Richard Hall, TH has been entrusted with ensuring the U's survival in league one for another season.

He has stated that only the results have to change so I do not envisage fundamental playing staff changes for the initial period.

Bryon Lawrence has signed from ITFC, more for the U21's than the first team, but I sense that TH will blood youngsters without any problem.

Alan Hansen once famously opined that "you can't win anything with kids". Well it will be up to TH to once again prove that ill fated comment wrong.

Walsall away at the Bescot is already a six pointer.

Only one point cements us firmly in the bottom four and we desperately need a win to gain some confidence and start to climb the table.

Regarding formations, TH is fortunate in that some of the U's injuries have cleared up and he can have the luxury of playing Watt and Eastmond this weekend.

Dom Smith and Byron Lawrence travel with the squad but neither will feature on Saturday afternoon.

I see no great change from the familiar 4,2,3,1 formation

Walker

Clohessy Magnus Eastman Gordon

Gilbey Eastmond

Watt Sears Moncur

Ibehre

Subs:

Lewington Kent Wright (David) Bean Vose Massey Holman

The new manager syndrome will assist the U's tomorrow and we should break our duck for the season.

Safe journey to all travelling fans.

Up the U's

Good luck TH

Durham_exile

Tony Humes' first senior match at the Bescot on 21:32 - Sep 5 with 854 viewsPaddyA140

Massey for Sears

Up the U's!
Tony Humes' first senior match at the Bescot on 15:19 - Sep 6 with 809 viewsBarsidepete

Tony Humes' first senior match at the Bescot on 21:32 - Sep 5 by PaddyA140

Massey for Sears

Up the U's!

Sterling effort from Sears, should have been 0-1 to the U's.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Tony Humes' first senior match at the Bescot on 15:48 - Sep 6 with 803 viewsPaddyA140

where's Jabo?
Tony Humes' first senior match at the Bescot on 16:41 - Sep 6 with 793 viewsdurham_exile

Tony Humes' first senior match at the Bescot on 15:48 - Sep 6 by PaddyA140

where's Jabo?

Sanchez pulling the strings and should have been awarded a penalty kick!

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Tony Humes' first senior match at the Bescot on 17:02 - Sep 6 with 780 viewsFruitbat

A first clean sheet of the season is a start but its still only 5 goals in 7 games.
Tony Humes' first senior match at the Bescot on 17:06 - Sep 6 with 775 viewsBarsidepete

Tony Humes' first senior match at the Bescot on 17:02 - Sep 6 by Fruitbat

A first clean sheet of the season is a start but its still only 5 goals in 7 games.

The effort was encouraging albeit a bit dry for most of the 2nd half, before some late chances. Great save from Walker to preserve the point.

Sears showed ambition.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2014 17:06]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Tony Humes' first senior match at the Bescot on 09:14 - Sep 7 with 705 viewsbwildered

Small steps in the right direction . A most welcome clean sheet. Did we return to a more regimental 4-4-2 ? Always thought the current formation 4-2-3-1 was to ad hoc and left responsibility to others , which left us more vulnerable .
Need to start collecting points from the lower end teams is still the priority , especially being unbeaten away and winning home games against them . Perhaps doubling are points tally will be the start .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Tony Humes' first senior match at the Bescot on 20:24 - Sep 7 with 648 viewsRSCOSWORTH

People seem to want attractive attacking football and just when Joe is on the verge of delivering it it's all change again with yet another internal appointment who serves up a 0-0 in his first match in charge in which we had one shot against a team who's third from bottom. And that's meant to be progress? I thought John Ward had returned!

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024