Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guernsey 14/15 16:55 - Sep 13 with 1437 viewsMadeira163

Slow start for the green lions
Ross Allen the prolific scorer declined to take part in pre season so stuttered start
Lost in FA Cup Qualifier against Worthing
However
in the last week 2 games 2 wins
the last being a 8-1 victory over Three Bridges(Allen 3)

Sorry for lack of updates
Guernsey 14/15 on 20:02 - Sep 25 with 1401 viewsthrillseeker

Your apologies accepted

I have still been watching their scores

Ross Allen is now the current leading scorer in the division
Guernsey 14/15 on 09:40 - Sep 26 with 1380 viewsMadeira163

However, ahead of tonight’s ‘must-win’ home match against Ramsgate, the Green Lions’ manager is left with a host of key players on the treatment table.

Ross Allen will not be involved as the GFC medical staff continue to nurse his knee injury sustained 11 days’ ago, while Vance also admits that Matt Loaring could now be a ‘very long-term’ absentee.

Loaring has picked up a wear-and-tear knee injury that has already seen him miss all of this season so far and he could be out for a few months longer yet.

Despite missing tonight’s encounter, Allen’s should be a far shorter absence although Vance will not rush his star striker — who has eight goals in just 372 minutes of football this campaign — back.

‘Not having had a pre-season at all this year, of his own choice, is possibly the reason for this injury because his body isn’t as strong as it might have been,’ said Vance.

‘That is why I was cautious about bringing Ross back too quickly initially, despite all of the supporters’ urging me to start him straight away.

‘With that kind of injury, if you mess around with it, it can turn into a long-term lay off, which nobody wants.’

There is some good news for Vance with the return of Jacques Isabelle from suspension bolstering the 15-man squad that drew with Folkestone by one body.

Vance knows beating Ramsgate tonight is essential.

‘I have said all along that we need to be picking up maximum points from our home games, but we haven’t been doing that and we are playing catch-up.

‘We have a crippling injury list and I am convinced that with our best 16 out every week, we would excel at the very top end of this league, but circumstances haven’t allowed that.

‘If we want to be still challenging for the league title, we must start winning again, now.’

Tonight's match kicks off at 7.45pm at Footes Lane.
Guernsey 14/15 on 09:41 - Sep 26 with 1379 viewsMadeira163

Playing host to Ramsgate at Footes Lane, the midfielder got his first of the season in the 87th minute to cancel out Connor Heffernan’s opener for the visitors in a 1-1 draw.

However, the Green Lions have only picked up two points from their last three games and having played more games than those around them, sit in eight place.

They have also fallen 12 points behind unbeaten league leaders Burgess Hill Town, despite having played a game more, after the UK side came from behind to defeat Faversham Town last night
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024