Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Razor sharp Super U's to blunt Blades at WHCS 10:38 - Sep 16 with 706 viewsdurham_exile

Considerably buoyed by an impressive victory against the O's at the Matchroom Stadium on saturday, TH returns to the WHCS for two testing games against Yorkshire opposition in 4 days.

Now TH could be forgiven for thinking that there is nothing to this managerial business. Starting with a draw at the Bescot and then "we only need 10 men" against Leyton Orient.

Nothing of course could be further from the truth, but TH has a refreshing style about him and is not afraid to be positive as on saturday when he retained two strikers for the second half which was a bold and entirely justifiable move to secure three points

Magnus' indiscretion (why was he challenging Mooney close to the half way line?) has cost the defender a four game ban. He is also club captain and should know better. He knows that harsh sending off for handball earlier in the season has cost him dearly with the extra match ban now applied.

Of course every cloud etc so young Frankie Kent gets a prolonged run alongside Tom Eastman in a new look back four so things are not all bad.

By contrast a success story is my favourite U's player Sanchez Watt. Can we hope that he is now match fit at long last and if so he is certainly capable of disturbing the very best defenders and scoring some vital goals for the U's.

With Freddie Sears they scored two really good goals on saturday which now needs to be translated to home form at the WHCS, which sadly in the last few years has been an invitation for opposition team to come and enjoy themselves at the U's expense.

TH will be wary of the Blades but they are not unbeatable and the Super U's will I am sure not only give them a game but also are more than capable of securing another three valuable points.

Hopefully the attendance will be encouraging, the blades will bring 1000 and we should have about 4,000 to bolster a decent crowd.

TH will make only enforced changes this evening and perhaps line up in a 4,3,3 against Clough's Blades:

Walker

Clohessy Kent Eastman Gordon

Gilbey Eastmond Massey

Watt Sears Moncur

Subs:

Lewington Thompson (if he is fit, I don't know) D Wright Szmodics Bean Vose Holman

Many years ago I watched a famous 5-2 home victory against Sheffield United, another such win tonight would be just the ticket. Sears hattrick anyone.

Time once again to get behind the team. Enjoy the match and bring on another three points at 9.35pm.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Razor sharp Super U's to blunt Blades at WHCS on 11:24 - Sep 16 with 701 viewsLeadbelly

Wouldn't wish to predict a result tonight...too difficult to call.

One question - why do we always seem to play the Blunts in August or midweek. Should really be one of the bigger attendances of the season but the fixture list conspires against us.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Razor sharp Super U's to blunt Blades at WHCS on 15:17 - Sep 16 with 661 viewsBarsidepete

Razor sharp Super U's to blunt Blades at WHCS on 11:24 - Sep 16 by Leadbelly

One question - why do we always seem to play the Blunts in August or midweek. Should really be one of the bigger attendances of the season but the fixture list conspires against us.

Finally have my lappy back (repaired) to listen on U's Player today as a pseudo exile... Have felt this grimace as well over time, Lead. Not the most ideal day, to compete with the annoyance of a Tuesday night (specially when I've flown over sometimes) and here we have the Champions League in play as well. Go figure.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Razor sharp Super U's to blunt Blades at WHCS on 16:28 - Sep 16 with 644 viewswessex_exile

Razor sharp Super U's to blunt Blades at WHCS on 11:24 - Sep 16 by Leadbelly

With Chesterfield gaining promotion, myself and my Spireite mate avidly awaited the 2014/15 fixture list for boozy weekends away going home and away - both f'cking matches on a Tuesday night!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Razor sharp Super U's to blunt Blades at WHCS on 21:18 - Sep 16 with 615 viewsBarsidepete

Razor sharp Super U's to blunt Blades at WHCS on 16:28 - Sep 16 by wessex_exile

With Chesterfield gaining promotion, myself and my Spireite mate avidly awaited the 2014/15 fixture list for boozy weekends away going home and away - both f'cking matches on a Tuesday night!

Hardworking Moncur.

I feel a renaissance is underway. 16 minutes to go. Perhaps catch Blades on the counter:)

Razor sharp Super U's to blunt Blades at WHCS on 21:20 - Sep 16 with 610 viewsBarsidepete

oh good grief
[Post edited 16 Sep 2014 21:28]

Razor sharp Super U's to blunt Blades at WHCS on 21:39 - Sep 16 with 601 viewsdurham_exile

Razor sharp Super U's to blunt Blades at WHCS on 21:20 - Sep 16 by Barsidepete

oh good grief
[Post edited 16 Sep 2014 21:28]

the technical term is bo**ocks

Durham_exile

Razor sharp Super U's to blunt Blades at WHCS on 23:11 - Sep 16 with 512 viewsRSCOSWORTH

I can't even begin to describe how annoyed I am right now! I can't go to bed as I'm still too wound up!

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Razor sharp Super U's to blunt Blades at WHCS on 23:29 - Sep 16 with 504 viewsBarsidepete

Razor sharp Super U's to blunt Blades at WHCS on 23:11 - Sep 16 by RSCOSWORTH

I can't even begin to describe how annoyed I am right now! I can't go to bed as I'm still too wound up!

LIkewise, RSCO. How the heck did that happen?

Where went the focus?

Login to get fewer ads

Razor sharp Super U's to blunt Blades at WHCS on 15:56 - Sep 17 with 415 viewsBarsidepete

Razor sharp Super U's to blunt Blades at WHCS on 21:39 - Sep 16 by durham_exile

the technical term is bo**ocks

I wasn't going to go there. Would have been perturbed with a 2-all draw, but could not have imagined such a late collapse. I mean, wow.

Razor sharp Super U's to blunt Blades at WHCS on 00:23 - Sep 20 with 362 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Razor sharp Super U's to blunt Blades at WHCS on 23:29 - Sep 16 by Barsidepete

LIkewise, RSCO. How the heck did that happen?

Where went the focus?

It went 2-1 and our young team didn't know whether to stick or twist. Needed an old head out there, someone to put their foot on the ball and take the pace out of the game. As Winker Watson has sadly retired David Wright was the best person we had to do that job but he wasn't brought on and that was a mistake in both mine and Noah's opinion.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Razor sharp Super U's to blunt Blades at WHCS on 12:55 - Sep 20 with 342 viewswessex_exile

Razor sharp Super U's to blunt Blades at WHCS on 00:23 - Sep 20 by RSCOSWORTH

It went 2-1 and our young team didn't know whether to stick or twist. Needed an old head out there, someone to put their foot on the ball and take the pace out of the game. As Winker Watson has sadly retired David Wright was the best person we had to do that job but he wasn't brought on and that was a mistake in both mine and Noah's opinion.

Ironically, we probably wouldn't have won at Orient if Magnus hadn't been sent off - we probably wouldn't have lost against Sheff Utd if he'd been on the pitch...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024