Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Deep joy for Col U at Deepdale this weekend 10:48 - Oct 3 with 1105 viewsdurham_exile

TH takes his somewhat rejuvenated charges to Deepdale this weekend for a tricky encounter with the Lilywhites.

Simon Grayson (who is just one of those managers that we all love to hate) has condescendingly stated that PNE will have to show patience to open up Colchester; who will play everyone behind the ball and last season they had 30 shots to our none and still drew the game yardy yardy yardy!

Well enough of that — he needs to worry more about how to keep Joe Garner on his feet. The poor lad has this affliction, which means that as soon as he steps into the penalty area he is suddenly and violently thrown to the ground as if poleaxed. The fact that he is now number 4 in the all-time diving footballer’s league table behind (allegedly) Robben, Klinsmann and Young and on a par with Hans Hass, Tom Daley, Jacques Cousteau, Stan Waterman and Lloyd Bridges speaks volumes. Some names there for the more mature (in years) U’s supporter!

SG needs also to worry more about Freddie Sears and Rhys Healey the new Col U strike partnership.

The facts speak for themselves, TH has transformed the U’s in the short time that he has been manager. Apart from the unfortunate 7 mins against our bogey team the Blades, the U’s have performed very credibly and deserve to continue to climb the league table.

So what does TH do? Obviously not all out attack, but equally we do not need to fear PNE. Neither do we need to show too much respect.

Just play our normal game and the results will continue to come. The defence have been a revelation, and the much awaited return to fitness of Sanchez Watt has made a huge difference to the team.

Sears and Healey could just be the striking sensation that we have been wanting since, well recent posts have identified some of the great U’s strikers going back over 50 years and they could form a similar deadly duo.

Formation perhaps a 4, 4, 2 looking something like this:

Walker

Clohessy Eastman Kent Gordon

Watt Gilbey Moncur Massey

Sears Healey

Subs:
Lewington, Wright David, Wright Drey, Lawrence, Vose, Sembie-Ferris, Eastmond

Even better I can make the game this weekend and am looking forward to another positive U’s performance.

Safe journey to all travelling U’s

Enjoy the game and Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Deep joy for Col U at Deepdale this weekend on 22:22 - Oct 3 with 1065 viewsgerry_us

Bring us luck Pete and safe journey. Sorry I can't join you.
Deep joy for Col U at Deepdale this weekend on 23:41 - Oct 3 with 1056 viewsdurham_exile

Deep joy for Col U at Deepdale this weekend on 22:22 - Oct 3 by gerry_us

Bring us luck Pete and safe journey. Sorry I can't join you.

Gerry

Perhaps we can meet up at Scunny later in the month?

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Deep joy for Col U at Deepdale this weekend on 11:40 - Oct 4 with 1020 viewsgerry_us

Deep joy for Col U at Deepdale this weekend on 23:41 - Oct 3 by durham_exile

Gerry

Perhaps we can meet up at Scunny later in the month?

Up the U's

I used to fancy Lotte Haas..but that's another story.
Scunny is pencilled in and can you make it in time for lunch at the pub round the corner from the ground.
What about you Wessex.
Deep joy for Col U at Deepdale this weekend on 12:23 - Oct 4 with 1016 viewswessex_exile

Deep joy for Col U at Deepdale this weekend on 11:40 - Oct 4 by gerry_us

I used to fancy Lotte Haas..but that's another story.
Scunny is pencilled in and can you make it in time for lunch at the pub round the corner from the ground.
What about you Wessex.

Unlikely I'm afraid Gerry, for obvious reasons I have Swindon at the end of the month lined up, so not sure I can afford two in a week

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Deep joy for Col U at Deepdale this weekend on 13:14 - Oct 4 with 1013 viewsgerry_us

Deep joy for Col U at Deepdale this weekend on 12:23 - Oct 4 by wessex_exile

Unlikely I'm afraid Gerry, for obvious reasons I have Swindon at the end of the month lined up, so not sure I can afford two in a week

Pity. Just send money for your round then!
Deep joy for Col U at Deepdale this weekend on 15:39 - Oct 4 with 1003 viewsBarsidepete

Gilbey with a quality strike in the corner cupboard. 2-2

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Deep joy for Col U at Deepdale this weekend on 16:14 - Oct 4 with 985 viewsBarsidepete

Chin-sctaching. Four clean sheets w TH and two others than leave you wondering. 3-2, yikes.

edit: make that 4-2
[Post edited 4 Oct 2014 16:16]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Deep joy for Col U at Deepdale this weekend on 11:05 - Oct 5 with 841 viewsnoah4x4

Needing to get home early (ish); I went to Orient yesterday and watched a clinical Swindon take the O's apart. The scoreline (1 -2) flatters Orient. Top teams with the financial muscle do beat those that struggle to muster credible gates.

My point is that the U's have played mainly against top half teams where we might expect defeat. The cynic may respond that it is our form that has put them there. But contrast our fixtures with those of Orient. OK, they went down to a top side yesterday, but they are losing against the minnows (like us!) and have a tough run ahead (notably away).

A result against Fleetwood and Scunny in the next couple of weeks and all will soon be rosy at WHCS. However, the fans mood at Brisbane Road is suicidal already amid so much turmoil.
Login to get fewer ads

Deep joy for Col U at Deepdale this weekend on 13:14 - Oct 6 with 755 viewsLeadbelly

As the manager who took Leeds back to the Championship whilst being saddled with a chairman as serially unhelpful as Bates I rather like Grayson. A 4-2 scoreline was about par for the course whilst at Leeds so you can't accuse him of producing boring football!

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024