Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super U's looking to net maximum haul against the Cod Army 08:06 - Oct 11 with 701 viewsdurham_exile

Fleetwood Town provide the opposition at the WHCS this afternoon.

After the double disappointment of both Preston and Gillingham, TH will be looking to target maximum points against newly promoted Fleetwood Town.

Magnus is back after his 4 game ban. Frankie Kent is nursing a knock and so the captain will partner Tom Eastman in the heart of the defence.

Elliott Hewitt was impressive against the Gills and will continue to keep Gordon on the sidelines.

News of the week saw the popular Jabo Ibehre loaned to Oldham. Jabo's workrate is second to none but his scoring record is poor by comparison. He will leave the club at Christmas.

Similarly Marcus Bean's days look numbered at Col U. I have always been impressed with Marcus and the Brentford fans payed homage to him last season but TH seems to have a good mix of youth and experience already.

I don't think that TH will give an instant recall to David Fox who will start on the bench.

Unfortunately there is no starting place for Craig Eastmond who I have a lot of time for.

Otherwise the team should look something like this:

Walker

Clohessy Magnus Eastman Hewitt

Watt Gilbey Moncur Massey

Sears Healey

Subs:

Lewington Gordon Eastmond Szmodics Drey Wright Fox Bonne

Rhys Healey was hugely impressive at PNE and George Moncur put in another strong performance.

It shouldn't be long before the team registers a home win and today would not be too soon.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's looking to net maximum haul against the Cod Army on 10:26 - Oct 11 with 679 viewsgerry_us

Interesting comment from TH on BBC web site.

""We know it's going to be a tough game but we still feel it's about us. If we get the defensive aspect right, which we have been doing, we know we will be competitive."

What part of seven goals conceded in four days does he suppose we have the defensive aspect right?
Super U's looking to net maximum haul against the Cod Army on 13:55 - Oct 11 with 660 viewsmfb_cufc

Probably referring to the four clean sheets out five before those two games Gerry.

mfb

Super U's looking to net maximum haul against the Cod Army on 17:04 - Oct 11 with 640 viewsRSCOSWORTH

We "battered" them!

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Super U's looking to net maximum haul against the Cod Army on 22:11 - Oct 11 with 599 viewsdurham_exile

Just watched goals on Sky

Both accomplished finishes from Gavin Massey.

I think that TH may just be putting a decent team together to mount a top six finish!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's looking to net maximum haul against the Cod Army on 09:01 - Oct 12 with 563 viewsbwildered

The Cod had there chips with their first encounter at the WHCS. After a bright opening the U's went behind against the run of play when more indecision at the back left the forward popping up between centre half and keeper at the edge of the area to lob into a empty net .
But two brilliant strikes in each half by Massey claimed the U's first home victory of the season in a game where they have played better with less reward, but that's football sometimes .
Fox made his return in U's colours playing in the hole, and Hewitt had another impressive display at right back since his loan move .
Concerns still regards short corners which never seem to leave the opposition with fear to clear, however awelcome return to winnings ways for the U's at home .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Super U's looking to net maximum haul against the Cod Army on 16:30 - Oct 12 with 529 viewsPaddyA140

i couldn't really work out our formation in the first half... freddie looked adrift upfront with support too far behind. when fleetwood's goal went in i was resigned to another home defeat but was delighted that we turned it around. fox looked authoritative but i'd like to have seen gilbey use the reassurance fox gave us to get forward more (when he did, he threatened). still, we rose FIVE places so who am i to nitpick. freddie kent should be giving magnus sleepless nights and hewitt looked good at r/b. would like to see us use 4-4-2 next time with Drey or Healey paired up with Sears.

four points from the next six and, whisper it, we could really push on.... too late to dream of a playoff place?!

up the U's
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024