Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester 07:27 - Oct 27 with 1375 viewsRobbie_Earles_Perm

Hi,

I'm the pre-match reporter for the Port Vale Fans Forum One Vale Fan.

Part of my role is to contact fans of our forthcoming opponents to ask them a few questions and gain their views on the upcoming fixture between our sides in order to produce a report which we release on the site a couple of days prior to the game.

I wondered if one or more of you (up to a maximum of 3 or 4) have a few minutes and would be prepared to share a few views if you would kindly offer your feelings on the game by answering the following few questions;

1. Tell us a bit about yourself & history as a fan?
2. How do you expect your team to do this season (including a forecast for a positional finish for the entire season)?
3. Who should we watch out for (one or more danger player/s)?
4. What are your thoughts on your manager and his signings this season?
5. What are your thoughts on your board & off field club activities?
6. Which one Vale player would you take past or present to add value to your squad?
7. How do you expect Vale to do this season?
8. What is your team's most memorable game with Vale (good or bad reasons)?
9. A score prediction (and potential scorers for both sides)?

Please also feel free to include any other information you feel worthy and I will knock it into a report as per the example below regarding contribution from Notts County fans from a game with them;
http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?76437-Opposing-views-Notts-Coun

To enable me to produce this in good time I need a reply by Wednesday and the report should appear on the website a day or two before our fixture.

Please also let me know if you would like me to include your name on the article.

Many thanks for your potential support in this matter.

Best Regards,

REP
Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester on 06:05 - Oct 29 with 1318 viewsRobbie_Earles_Perm

Anbody like to take part?
Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester on 04:45 - Oct 31 with 1251 viewsRobbie_Earles_Perm

Nobody?

Blimey this is a quiet forum. Thanks for reading anyway.
Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester on 15:43 - Oct 31 with 1217 viewsRSCOSWORTH

1. Went to my first game on Boxing Day 1988, been going to games ever since. No longer a season ticket holder but I still get to a few home matches and keep up to date with what's going on in and around the club via the web and press.
2. We'll win some, we'll lose some and we'll draw some. I reckon we'll finish around mid-table, probably 14th. Would be nice to have a cup run, draw a big club and fill the WHCS.
3. Freddie Sears has been amongst the goals this season and I rate Moncur really highly. Massey and Watt are both dangerous players too.
4. I think Humes has done well since he took over, brought some exciting players to the club and has changed the way we play. We're still vulnerable at the back but we're definitely playing a more exciting and forward thinking brand of football than we were last season.
5. I'm 100% behind our chairman and board, they're doing everything they can to make Colchester United a sustainable football club and also really backing the youth side of things which I think is massively important.
6. Has to be Liam Chilvers, was a big Chilvers fan when he was here and we could do with a centre back as solid and dependable as him right now.
7. Towards the bottom of the table but to stay in the division, probably 19th or something like that.
8. 4-1 home win in 2003 when Gareth Williams nabbed a hat-trick.
9. 2-1 Col U. Sears and Massey for the U's and Pope for Vale.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester on 20:31 - Oct 31 with 1194 viewswessex_exile

Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester on 15:43 - Oct 31 by RSCOSWORTH

1. Went to my first game on Boxing Day 1988, been going to games ever since. No longer a season ticket holder but I still get to a few home matches and keep up to date with what's going on in and around the club via the web and press.
2. We'll win some, we'll lose some and we'll draw some. I reckon we'll finish around mid-table, probably 14th. Would be nice to have a cup run, draw a big club and fill the WHCS.
3. Freddie Sears has been amongst the goals this season and I rate Moncur really highly. Massey and Watt are both dangerous players too.
4. I think Humes has done well since he took over, brought some exciting players to the club and has changed the way we play. We're still vulnerable at the back but we're definitely playing a more exciting and forward thinking brand of football than we were last season.
5. I'm 100% behind our chairman and board, they're doing everything they can to make Colchester United a sustainable football club and also really backing the youth side of things which I think is massively important.
6. Has to be Liam Chilvers, was a big Chilvers fan when he was here and we could do with a centre back as solid and dependable as him right now.
7. Towards the bottom of the table but to stay in the division, probably 19th or something like that.
8. 4-1 home win in 2003 when Gareth Williams nabbed a hat-trick.
9. 2-1 Col U. Sears and Massey for the U's and Pope for Vale.

Nice one RS, and apologies Vale chap - I think I did this one last season, and did try first thing this morning - but my finely crafted responses were lost at about the same time as I lost my wifi connection. Liam Chilvers is a good call RS - for the same reason I'd gone for Roy Sproson.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester on 22:17 - Oct 31 with 1178 viewswessex_exile

Incidentally - I've taken the trouble of registering on your website just to correct a few flawed assumptions on your Col U match thread, but although I have activated the link, I'm now waiting for a moderator to validate my registration.

As life is too short (whatever happened to those halcyon days of one Rivals registration gave you access to all boards!), I'll post my reply here - maybe you can ferry it back?

In response to the negativity directed at Col U for the parking situation, it is worth pointing out that we do not own the stadium, Colchester Borough Council do. The on site parking (approximately 600 spaces) is the maximum that current planning legislation will allow. We have or had no influence in this matter. Moreover, to pacify local residents, the club must pay for stewards to police all of the local residential areas to ensure there is absolutely no matchday parking by supporters (of either side) anywhere within easy walking distance. Some local businesses do offer matchday parking (at similar fees to the club car park), but like the ground itself, these fill up fast.

To offset this, the club (not the council) finance the shuttle bus service, which brings in fans from a variety of locations, but predominantly the main pick-up point at Bruff Close (virtually right next door to the railway station, and for literally a couple of quid). It's not ideal, but it's the U's fans who have to cope with this situation day in and day out. Personally, if I drive to WHCS (rarely, as I'm down here in Wessex), I park in the railway station car park and pick up the shuttle bus.

Safe journey if you're travelling, and happy parking! ;-)

Up the U's

Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester on 22:41 - Oct 31 with 1173 viewsdurham_exile

Good responses RS and Wessex.

I didn't know that Bobby Gough played for PV!

I suspect I will be waiting a long time for the club to arrange a bus from Durham on home match days!!!!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester on 00:20 - Nov 1 with 1165 viewswessex_exile

Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester on 22:41 - Oct 31 by durham_exile

I suspect I will be waiting a long time for the club to arrange a bus from Durham on home match days!!!!

Up the U's

I'll vote for the Durham Shuttle Bus, definitely!

However, it would appear Valiants aren't the sharpest tools in the box when it comes to working out the bleeding obvious:

"It isn't good since if you look at the area around their stadium, there is plenty more room to expand the parking.

I'll still be going, but it looks like the station car park and then a bus to the ground. It just begs the question as to why build a ground next to a junction by the A12!!!"

Because (A) it isn't our space to expand into, and (B) - when others do, you've fecking answered your own question already!

Up the U's

Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester on 16:08 - Nov 1 with 1122 viewsBarsidepete

Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester on 04:45 - Oct 31 by Robbie_Earles_Perm

Nobody?

Blimey this is a quiet forum. Thanks for reading anyway.

R_E_P, I don't think you understand this site.

The match reports and insight are some of the best you'll find for any club. But you just showed up. Felt a bit spam-ish, mate.

Port Vale are not exactly ingrained in terms of history v The U's. Have a Bovril

Anyway, next time you show up we'll know who you are

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Login to get fewer ads

Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester on 16:13 - Nov 1 with 1119 viewsgerry_us

Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester on 22:41 - Oct 31 by durham_exile

Up the U's

Can your U's "Durham bus" come via Louth please?
Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester on 23:21 - Nov 1 with 1043 viewsRobbie_Earles_Perm

Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester on 16:08 - Nov 1 by Barsidepete

R_E_P, I don't think you understand this site.

The match reports and insight are some of the best you'll find for any club. But you just showed up. Felt a bit spam-ish, mate.

Port Vale are not exactly ingrained in terms of history v The U's. Have a Bovril

Anyway, next time you show up we'll know who you are

To be fair I didn't just show up, I've been a member on this site since last season and one of your users kindly contributed to a similar article for our home game with you.

Thanks for all the replies, was beginning to feel a little unloved and although it was too late for me to use them for the article they are appreciated.

I will stick a link to the comments about CUFC on our site and I'm sure a few of our faithfuls (and loons) will have a witty reply :) To be fair on this point I register on a lot of fans forums for a very obvious reason and the time taken to confirm registrations varies dramatically, infact I'm still waiting for Cardiff's to accept me from our League Cup match in September!!!

I will drop you all a line a week before the return fixture for a similar article. Best of luck for the rest of the season.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2014 23:32]
Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester on 00:40 - Nov 2 with 1033 viewspwrightsknees

It is a quiet site, but what posts there are, are really excellent and informative. To be honest, for various reasons, I haven't been to any match this season, yet, so I am clearly not qualified to comment on this season's performances or on players, tactics, etc. But even though I don't feel I should comment, I, nevertheless, read the posts thoroughly, so keep them coming.

A couple of my own thoughts, though.
I was disappointed to see David Fox leave, so am equally delighted at his return. He is a quality player, and a couple of my Canary friends thought so, too.
In our promotion season (still living in the past, me), the centre back pairing of Brown and Chilvers was considered by many, including non-U's fans, as being the best in the division at the time.
Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester on 13:01 - Nov 3 with 959 viewsBarsidepete

Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester on 23:21 - Nov 1 by Robbie_Earles_Perm

To be fair I didn't just show up, I've been a member on this site since last season and one of your users kindly contributed to a similar article for our home game with you.

Thanks for all the replies, was beginning to feel a little unloved and although it was too late for me to use them for the article they are appreciated.

I will stick a link to the comments about CUFC on our site and I'm sure a few of our faithfuls (and loons) will have a witty reply :) To be fair on this point I register on a lot of fans forums for a very obvious reason and the time taken to confirm registrations varies dramatically, infact I'm still waiting for Cardiff's to accept me from our League Cup match in September!!!

I will drop you all a line a week before the return fixture for a similar article. Best of luck for the rest of the season.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2014 23:32]

No worries, Robbie.

Best to you and your lot rest of the term. See you soon

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester on 08:11 - Nov 4 with 926 viewsnoah4x4

What nobody has picked up upon above is that the Northern Approach Road (e.g. A12 Stadium Junction to Railway Station new road); PLUS the (behind McDonalds) park-n-ride car park PLUS (non-football) bus shuttle to Town were all supposed to open "Summer 2014". Now it's looking more like April 2015 for the road and for the park-n-ride car park and bus lanes/shuttle 'who knows'. We must hence blame the West Ham supporters sat in Essex County Hall Chelmsford for the continuing infrastructure problems around WHCS.

As regards parking in local residential streets, even prior to the football club relocation there were inherent problems with rugby club parking; hence some restrictions were already in place. Many of the NEW residential streets in North Colchester are too narrow even for local resident's visitor parking. In the early days I was regular trapped in my drive by inconsiderate parking and our grass verges destroyed. Is paying £3 to park on Severalls Industrial Estate so unreasonable?

Better still, Saturday parking at the railway station and £2.50 return for a shuttle bus' is fantastic value compared to parking fees at (say) MK Dons Stadium; and if folk want to moan; wait until they try to park at Gosport next week (no parking anywhere). Then let's compare our ticket prices with (say) rip-off Swindon. Mind you, when one can get change from a £tenner after buying five pints in Scunthorpe it does make one think....
Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester on 14:41 - Nov 4 with 901 viewsLeadbelly

Those of you who do drive to home games can "thank" Two Jags for the parking restrictions at WHCS ( and other grounds) One space per 16.66 seats was the maximum permitted.

Luckily I can catch the train from Manningtree and make my way via the shuttle bus (after refreshments in The Bricklayers), all of which is far easier than driving...for me. There are, however, supporters based north of Colchester who must have to drive past the stadium, into the traffic jam that is Colchester on a Saturday, to catch a bus back to the stadium. Not sure that this is particularly efficient or environmentally friendly but that's what Lord Prescott decided was best for everyone concerned.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester on 10:41 - Nov 5 with 866 viewsnoah4x4

Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester on 14:41 - Nov 4 by Leadbelly

Those of you who do drive to home games can "thank" Two Jags for the parking restrictions at WHCS ( and other grounds) One space per 16.66 seats was the maximum permitted.

Luckily I can catch the train from Manningtree and make my way via the shuttle bus (after refreshments in The Bricklayers), all of which is far easier than driving...for me. There are, however, supporters based north of Colchester who must have to drive past the stadium, into the traffic jam that is Colchester on a Saturday, to catch a bus back to the stadium. Not sure that this is particularly efficient or environmentally friendly but that's what Lord Prescott decided was best for everyone concerned.

Some of us live in sight/walking distance of the stadium, but buy a "match day rover" for £2.50; hence bus to town; beer in Victoria Inn (CAMRA pub of year; Colchester, Essex; E Anglia); bus to station; shuttle to WHCS; shuttle back to pub; bus home late - all for £2.50.

Hows that for value; saving planet and match day experience!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024