Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FA Cup 1st Round draw 19:41 - Oct 27 with 795 viewsmfb_cufc

Drawn away to Gosport Borough, from the Conference South. Good chance of being on TV.

mfb

FA Cup 1st Round draw on 20:49 - Oct 27 with 774 viewsdurham_exile

Suspect that Canvey Island/Havant & Waterlooville v Preston will get the nod but here's hoping!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

FA Cup 1st Round draw on 21:13 - Oct 27 with 761 viewsmfb_cufc

FA Cup 1st Round draw on 20:49 - Oct 27 by durham_exile

Suspect that Canvey Island/Havant & Waterlooville v Preston will get the nod but here's hoping!

Up the U's

The BBC have taken over coverage from ITV, so not sure how games they will show. The games are scheduled to run from Friday to Monday, so there could be as many as three live games being shown, I would have thought.

mfb

FA Cup 1st Round draw on 21:27 - Oct 27 with 756 viewsFruitbat

I'd hazard a guess that Braintree Chesterfield will be on the telly with Devonshire being a former winner.
FA Cup 1st Round draw on 22:50 - Oct 27 with 741 viewsgerry_us

Lets not worry about television. Can we actually beat Gosport and get into the second round for the first time for ages?
FA Cup 1st Round draw on 07:23 - Oct 28 with 706 viewsdurham_exile

FA Cup 1st Round draw on 22:50 - Oct 27 by gerry_us

Lets not worry about television. Can we actually beat Gosport and get into the second round for the first time for ages?

Gerry

That's the spirit.

Yes we can, this is a return to the glory cup years!

5th Round here we come.

Up the U's

PS It would be nice to be on TV - I think the last time was home to Bournemouth in the league!!!!!!!!!

Durham_exile

FA Cup 1st Round draw on 09:19 - Oct 28 with 691 viewsSector4

I think BT Sport may also be showing some games. Portsmouth are drawn at home as are Havant, if they win their replay, so it may be that the Police will influence when the game is played as they may not want three games in the same area at the same time.
I don't know whether that would improve the chances of the game being televised.
FA Cup 1st Round draw on 08:20 - Oct 29 with 633 viewsnoah4x4

One can see the images on TV now;.....

A 10,000 crowd packed to the gunnals (here, I laugh - as it probably won't be above 1,000); a boggy pitch; no running hot water in showers/loos; gale force winds; corner flags bent horizontal; John Motson in a grubby sheepskin; Noah, Bingo, DOM and Wessex (and son) in a freezing coastal drizzle with Bovril dripping from their chins; watching the U's dance merrily around a team sandwiched between Chelmsford City and Concord Rangers in the Conference South that's only merit is players willing to lose teeth and gain facial scars to be highlighted on Match of the Day.

Let's get real. A typical Gosport crowd is under 600 so I reckon this fixture might not make 1,500 unless Portsmouth v Aldershot is played on a different day and hence Pompey fans come to cheer them on (or perhaps cheer for us - is there any local rivalry?). Hence will the BBC want to feature any game with so few fans as THE main live match? No, they will want the romance of the FA CUP and a large gate. Whatever happens; the 200 added U's fans will out sing; out cheer; out intimidate as we watch them crumble. At home they have P6, W1, D3, L2 in the league. so the U's have nothing to fear. I confidently predict a 0 - 6 under the stewardship of Tony Humes; and the main hope is we conclude the game with no new injuries.
FA Cup 1st Round draw on 09:24 - Oct 29 with 623 viewsBluenWightExile

I'd love your 0-6 Noah and in truth why not. They only beatllittle Willand 1-3 on Saturday. They are step 5 I used to watch them regularly until recent times and Gosport should be doing THEM 0-6.
No given how near I live there appears to be little spice between Gosport and Pompey - the latter are just so huge here - 000s go to their games from the IoW.
I suspect you are spot on 1500 max. Local tv highlighted their excellent FA Trophy run this year but never feature them otherwise - it's all Pompey, Southampton and Eastleigh.
I'm still thinking of going due to the novelty of it requiring TWO separate ferry trips yet tis only 15 miles for me. But I may be working Saturdays are busy for artists!
One thing though their manager is experienced and a winner and they'll not fear us. They've been on a steadily improving curve now for 3-4 seasons and we will need to keep calm and be professional!

Pinault-noir

Login to get fewer ads

FA Cup 1st Round draw on 16:13 - Oct 30 with 549 viewsmfb_cufc

The game has finally been confirmed as being played on the Sunday with a 2pm kick-off. Not being shown live on TV.

mfb

FA Cup 1st Round draw on 18:42 - Oct 30 with 533 viewsFruitbat

FA Cup 1st Round draw on 16:13 - Oct 30 by mfb_cufc

The game has finally been confirmed as being played on the Sunday with a 2pm kick-off. Not being shown live on TV.

BBC obviously don't fancy it for an upset. Have they looked at our recnt cup record?
FA Cup 1st Round draw on 20:45 - Oct 30 with 526 viewswessex_exile

FA Cup 1st Round draw on 18:42 - Oct 30 by Fruitbat

BBC obviously don't fancy it for an upset. Have they looked at our recnt cup record?

Reckon they have to be honest - they think we'll lose, and no one will consider it an upset...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

FA Cup 1st Round draw on 12:45 - Oct 31 with 495 viewsnoah4x4

Nah Wessex. The U's shop is already stocking we've made it to round two commemorative mugs.

I think the real reason for no live TV is its involving two clubs that only 3001 people care about (1001 for Gosport of which 500 are within player families). Also there is NO parking (absolutely none according to Gosport website). For a wholly televised match with pundits and guests the BBC require a huge parking footprint. It will instead be a single cameraman in a van. Probably the same bloke that they apoligise about (when he misses our fourth and sixth goals).
FA Cup 1st Round draw on 15:42 - Oct 31 with 475 viewsgerry_us

FA Cup 1st Round draw on 20:45 - Oct 30 by wessex_exile

Reckon they have to be honest - they think we'll lose, and no one will consider it an upset...

Not with you there cheering us on Wessex
FA Cup 1st Round draw on 15:45 - Oct 31 with 474 viewsRSCOSWORTH

I just hope we win! Be good to get to the 3rd round, draw a big club and fill the WHCS. Some lower league teams seem to do it every season.

When was the last time we won a cup game? Answers on a postcard.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

FA Cup 1st Round draw on 17:30 - Oct 31 with 465 viewsBarsidepete

FA Cup 1st Round draw on 15:45 - Oct 31 by RSCOSWORTH

I just hope we win! Be good to get to the 3rd round, draw a big club and fill the WHCS. Some lower league teams seem to do it every season.

When was the last time we won a cup game? Answers on a postcard.

Funny you should ask if memory serves .. Was Nov 2010 4-3 v Bradford... then 1-0 v Swindon Supermarine, late Nov... Attended both haha.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

FA Cup 1st Round draw on 22:01 - Oct 31 with 446 viewswessex_exile

FA Cup 1st Round draw on 15:42 - Oct 31 by gerry_us

Not with you there cheering us on Wessex

On the morning of Sunday 9th of November I will awake, no doubt, with my customary hangover, but this time I expect to be somewhere north of Manchester. Now, I reckon if I'm up with the lark and get a decent run on the M6/M5/M4/A36 home I can possibly be in time to pick up a train to Portsmouth Harbour, then the ferry, then the bus to get me to a 2pm kick-off...and in truth I would definitely give it a try.

But...

We only have 500 tickets, these go on sale to season ticket holders on Monday (until 10pm) and then if there are any left on general sale Tuesday onwards. However, the variables (manageable hangover, being capable of driving, no roadworks or other delays on 250 miles of driving, trains behaving, ferries behaving, buses behaving) probably preclude me from even attempting to get a ticket - even if I could get one in the first place.

Nope, this one I will 'enjoy' via 5Live on a more leisurely drive home Sunday afternoon I'm afraid, and just wait for a better draw next round...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024