Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FIFA 18:10 - Nov 17 with 605 viewsbwildered

Because of recent off field accusations, is this the beginning of the end for FIFA ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

FIFA on 21:51 - Nov 17 with 587 viewssevebalo

I fear it is not, though I really wish it were. Despite the bigger nations quietly muttering discontent, this is offset by more general global support for this loathesome and corrupt regime.

As a related point, I don't think anyone can be bothered with the National team in England these days, least of all the many stakeholders in the Premier League, so why not kill many birds with one stone - take a stand on an important point of principle, withdraw from FIFA and give people time to miss their National team.

However, I suspect that in practice, everyone whines about it for a couple of weeks, then it drops off the media radar again and Sepp keeps his fat greedy fingers on the mantle for another term.

And England still don't achieve anything in a major tournament.
FIFA on 22:28 - Nov 17 with 573 viewsBarsidepete

FIFA on 21:51 - Nov 17 by sevebalo

I fear it is not, though I really wish it were. Despite the bigger nations quietly muttering discontent, this is offset by more general global support for this loathesome and corrupt regime.

As a related point, I don't think anyone can be bothered with the National team in England these days, least of all the many stakeholders in the Premier League, so why not kill many birds with one stone - take a stand on an important point of principle, withdraw from FIFA and give people time to miss their National team.

However, I suspect that in practice, everyone whines about it for a couple of weeks, then it drops off the media radar again and Sepp keeps his fat greedy fingers on the mantle for another term.

And England still don't achieve anything in a major tournament.

Why should the confederations so behoove to a questionable governing body? Let the top 4 winners of each 'region' play out the world cup. Then add a deserving wild card group. Done. Clearly, Europe would be entitled to another 2. Haven't done the mathematics, but why is Bladder so important in world footy.

Russia and Qatar? Are you kidding? guess money can buy anything. Who the heck would not have wanted to fly over to the states or England for a WC?

Having a WC in Qatar is like having the Super Bowl in Denver or Green Bay. Will never happen. Perhaps by 2018, Kiev, new Russian territory in waiting, will host a group stage.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

FIFA on 13:38 - Nov 18 with 540 viewsLeadbelly

Corrupt to the core but because they have investigated themselves and found that, apparently, they are beyond reproach nothing will change.

If I recall correctly one of the directors of the company involved in selling tickets for the World Cup was the nephew of, erm, Sepp Blatter. And didn't one of the other directors go on the run during the tournament rather than answer questions about alleged ticketing irregularities?

Power corrupts etc etc etc...

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

FIFA on 18:21 - Nov 18 with 517 viewsbwildered

Some facts I didn't know regards FIFA .
FIFA has revenues of $1.4 billion ( £900m ) of which half is TV revenue with the most coming from Europe ( UEFA please note ).
Global Sponsors pay $200m on a four year deal .
Wages are $ 100m a year with the average employee earning $ 225,000 pa.
FIFA gives 210 countries ( one the FA ) $ 750,000 a year for being a member .
In 2013 had $ 2.5 billion in assets, which is to cover running the World Cup, has it cannot get insurance .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

FIFA on 13:17 - Dec 16 with 451 viewssevebalo

Although admittedly dwarfed by other recent global events, I thought I would draw attention to this.

As predicted....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30491135

Fifa dismisses complaint from lawyer Michael Garcia over report

A complaint by the man who spent two years investigating World Cup corruption claims for Fifa has been dismissed by football's governing body.
US lawyer Michael Garcia's findings were released as a 42-page summary by Fifa-appointed independent judge Hans-Joachim Eckert.
Garcia said his summary was "incomplete and erroneous" and he appealed against it to Fifa's Appeal Committee.

However, it has now ruled that Garcia's complaint is "not admissible".
FIFA on 14:37 - Dec 16 with 439 viewsBarsidepete

I believe confederations should be ruled independently.

Each major one rules with a degree of individuality. Let South America have 5 qualifiers that qualify. Concacaf, North and Central America with maybe 3 or 4. Europe, 4-6, and Asia? same, your "confederation," you qualify 4-5 all around.

We need a neutral governing body that integrates the federations round the planet, not a Bladder presidency to hold the lead.

FIFA on 16:41 - Dec 17 with 404 viewsLeadbelly

Garcia has now resigned as a result. Good for him.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

FIFA on 17:48 - Dec 19 with 363 viewsBarsidepete

FIFA on 16:41 - Dec 17 by Leadbelly

Garcia has now resigned as a result. Good for him.

Fifa is such a travesty.

But then again, so is the FA. Happy to cannibalize the Football League.

Business as usual.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024