Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big Sam. 10:02 - Nov 23 with 431 viewsbwildered

Is big Sam, to big to be dropped ? The club clearly want to him to sign a two year deal in the very near future, but several errors ( two near post goals, failing to hold a direct shot ) in the last few matches have led to games being lost . Overall he has gain more points than lost, but a goalie like any other player can have a drop in form, and mistakes are more highlighted in that position, but this is bad timing for all concerned . Time for Lewington to have a run ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Big Sam. on 08:34 - Nov 24 with 387 viewsSector4

I don't think it is time for Sam to be dropped, whilst his kicking was woeful in the first half on Saturday I don't feel he can be blamed for the goal given the conditions.

Undoubtedly since he joined he has won us more points than lost. It was implied in the media earlier that he was due to sign his contract by this weekend but I haven't seen that reported. I hope there is nothing wrong, his pre matc h acknowledgement of the supporters did not seem as vigorous as usual.

Lewington did not have a good game at Charlton and I think the manager should keep the faith with Sam.
Big Sam. on 11:11 - Nov 24 with 371 viewsgerry_us

Don't start me up on what I think about "Big Sam". I have been castigated by many in my criticisms in the past and it could well be that a time in the stiffs will give him some time to think about a different strategy, like controlling his six yard box and not relying on his defenders just for starters.
Big Sam. on 16:36 - Nov 24 with 352 viewsmfb_cufc

Well said Gerry.

mfb

Big Sam. on 17:00 - Nov 24 with 349 viewsgerry_us

Big Sam. on 16:36 - Nov 24 by mfb_cufc

Well said Gerry.

Careful Mick because I get a lot of stick for my comments about Sam's keeping. However just watched the highlights and it was indeed poor goal keeping that led to the Coventry goal. He could probably do with a break for a few weeks to recuperate. A guy of his height should certainly be more commanding in his own penalty box and he must be the quietest keeper that U's have had for many years, so is obviously not commanding his defenders as he should. You could hear Gerken all over the field and despite him playing for Ippy I still rate him as a keeper/organiser.
As for the Sam being beaten at the near post a few times lately that is a price you pay for having a 6'6" goalie, he is always going to have a problem getting down quickly to the low ones. This "should" be offset by his commanding of the high balls into the box! Unfortunately it isn't.
I'm standing by for the streams of protests...
Big Sam. on 22:27 - Nov 24 with 322 viewsmfb_cufc

I am like you Gerry, I speak as I see. No right minded person could say he dominates his area. Bristol Rovers fans warned us that he wont come for crosses. How right they have been. You could also add to the criticism by saying his kicking has gone to pot lately as well.

mfb

Big Sam. on 13:21 - Nov 25 with 290 viewsLeadbelly

Walker is far from perfect but he's still better than we've had for a while.

What worries me most is that the criticism levelled at Walker is the same as I would level at every 'keeper we've had in recent years. I really do wonder what the goalkeeping coach does all week.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024