Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Magnus out for the season...are we going down? 14:05 - Nov 25 with 470 viewsLeadbelly

Magnus suffered a ruptured Achilles near the end of the game on Saturday. With recovery time from such injuries reportedly being 5 or 6 months he won't play again this season.

Tom Eastman is now our only full time centre half although Cole Kpekawa can play the position and Will Packwood was signed yesterday on loan from Birmingham until January.

No chance of Thompson returning to fill the gap as, unsurprisingly, he has injured himself again whilst on loan at Tranmere.(have we ever had a more fragile player?...he makes Gillespie look robust)

We are back in bottom four and I fear we may be there for a while. Someone persuade me otherwise.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Magnus out for the season...are we going down? on 14:50 - Nov 25 with 457 viewsgerry_us

I don't think that the loss of Magnus actually "weakens" the side! Can Tom Kent fill the gap? He has not been mentioned recently but he impressed me when I saw him recently at Scunthorpe.
Magnus out for the season...are we going down? on 15:32 - Nov 25 with 448 viewsLeadbelly

Sadly Frankie aka "Tom" Kent is also injured. Out for at least a month and may require surgery on his knee injury. A great shame as he looked very composed and capable before the injury.

We are threadbare at the back at the moment.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Magnus out for the season...are we going down? on 17:46 - Nov 25 with 428 viewsBluenWightExile

Been worried since July Whales but Noah4x4 and Wessex along with Durham have kept me positive.
My concern has remained the same - lower gates ever less cash must equal less product. The product we have clearly tries to play the right way and clearly contains talent.
But..... We replaced a novice manager with a novice who is in charge of a novice - if talented - squad.
Without experience to help we have no basis to grow.
Growth therefore has to be taught - ie we're learning on the job which is the outcome of our trading position q
So just when a lad like Kent starts to grow into role the last thing Humes needs is injury. I've never rated Magnus at all but currently he's necessary and we've not got him either.

I'm still staying positive and faithful but what with our total non fortress at Cuckoo Farm we have to get our points away as usual so it is looking like an even longer haul this season. 30points by January always allows leeway to stayup . We'd better wise up managerially and get those points before the muddy pitches blunt our pacy lads.

Up the U's - where's Durham when I need him!?

Pinault-noir

Magnus out for the season...are we going down? on 23:14 - Nov 25 with 406 viewsdurham_exile

Magnus out for the season...are we going down? on 17:46 - Nov 25 by BluenWightExile

Been worried since July Whales but Noah4x4 and Wessex along with Durham have kept me positive.
My concern has remained the same - lower gates ever less cash must equal less product. The product we have clearly tries to play the right way and clearly contains talent.
But..... We replaced a novice manager with a novice who is in charge of a novice - if talented - squad.
Without experience to help we have no basis to grow.
Growth therefore has to be taught - ie we're learning on the job which is the outcome of our trading position q
So just when a lad like Kent starts to grow into role the last thing Humes needs is injury. I've never rated Magnus at all but currently he's necessary and we've not got him either.

I'm still staying positive and faithful but what with our total non fortress at Cuckoo Farm we have to get our points away as usual so it is looking like an even longer haul this season. 30points by January always allows leeway to stayup . We'd better wise up managerially and get those points before the muddy pitches blunt our pacy lads.

Up the U's - where's Durham when I need him!?

BluenWight - I am confident that we will not go down.

Injuries once again are becoming a pain however.

Frankie Kent was the business and sad to see him out for another month.

Tom Eastman was forming a decent partnership with Kent as well.

The midfield is about the strongest that it has been for half a dozen seasons and the strikers are beginning to know where the back of the opponents net is.

The alarming slump in results is very difficult to understand. We shouldn't have lost at Barnsley but from all accounts the Coventry match was a shocker.

MK Dons drew tonight against Rochdale and we must get at least a point on Saturday, ahead of the Peterbore cup tie.

Looks like the on loan defenders Kpekawa and Packwood are going to bear the weight of responsibility on their shoulders.

Pity that Magnus is out but that is currently the curse of the Colchester defender - Thompson is also injured (again) and young Olufemi is still out.

Can we go three at the back and use Eastmond as an extra holding midfield player? The truth is out there!

Keep the faith - sadly mid table is now the best we can hope for this season which is a real shame because when we go forward the U's are an exciting attacking force.

Come on let's win at the Franchise.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Magnus out for the season...are we going down? on 16:28 - Nov 26 with 374 viewsnoah4x4

When we recall 19 year old Billy Roast from his loan to AFC Hornchurch (on 20th December) all will be well again in the back four. Have watched him a few times for our youngsters and he is a decent prospect.

Clohessy, Eastman, plus loanees Pacman (surely he will gobble up the Dons?) and Kepewachadoda will do their stuff until Billy beefs up.

Totally confident of beating the drop on goal difference. Mid table mediocrity is just BORING!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024