Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sears gone in Jan. window if Rhys Healey is extended, as The U's & Cardiff talk? 15:05 - Dec 10 with 1437 viewsBarsidepete

May be a foregone conclusion about the club's intent.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2014 15:10]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Sears gone in Jan. window if Rhys Healey is extended, as The U's & Cardiff talk? on 15:35 - Dec 10 with 1415 viewsLeadbelly

Assuming there is any interest at all I'm sure he'll be gone in January.

Where have you seen news of U's/Cardiff discussing Healey?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Sears gone in Jan. window if Rhys Healey is extended, as The U's & Cardiff talk? on 16:18 - Dec 10 with 1408 viewsBarsidepete

Sears gone in Jan. window if Rhys Healey is extended, as The U's & Cardiff talk? on 15:35 - Dec 10 by Leadbelly

Assuming there is any interest at all I'm sure he'll be gone in January.

Where have you seen news of U's/Cardiff discussing Healey?

On the Gazette, Lead:)

http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/sport/11656437.U_s_in_talks_to_extend_Healey_s_loa

Sears gone in Jan. window if Rhys Healey is extended, as The U's & Cardiff talk? on 17:07 - Dec 10 with 1391 viewsLeadbelly

Thanks BP.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Sears gone in Jan. window if Rhys Healey is extended, as The U's & Cardiff talk? on 18:21 - Dec 10 with 1371 viewsdurham_exile

No I don't think that Freddie Sears will go in January. I have already posted my reasons on an earlier Freddie thread.

He was in the shop window on Sunday afternoon and let's be honest it would have been Freddie who? Yes he has finally scored a few goals but let's be honest he is missing far more chances than he converts.

The problem is that Colchester will never progress as a football club if we have to sell at the first signs of promise from one of our players. Why should we sell Freddie Sears; where are the queue of Championship clubs for his services - wait until he has scored 25 goals at the end of the season, kept the U's up and perhaps scored a couple more FA Cup goals. Then we might get a little more, but January don't sell and tell any would be club to come back in May with a serious offer!!!!

In the meantime - we need to get some of our injured players back. I would suggest on current form that George Moncur is the potential POTS.

Great news if Rhys Healey is extended and even better if we play him a little more - 10 mins at home on Sunday is simply not enough.

In the meantime keep Sanchez Watt and Craig Eastmond fit and get an extension on the loan of Kaspars Gorkss, who is going to be sensational for the U's.

bring on the bluebirds or whatever colour they now play in!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Sears gone in Jan. window if Rhys Healey is extended, as The U's & Cardiff talk? on 21:25 - Dec 10 with 1348 viewswessex_exile

Sears gone in Jan. window if Rhys Healey is extended, as The U's & Cardiff talk? on 18:21 - Dec 10 by durham_exile

No I don't think that Freddie Sears will go in January. I have already posted my reasons on an earlier Freddie thread.

He was in the shop window on Sunday afternoon and let's be honest it would have been Freddie who? Yes he has finally scored a few goals but let's be honest he is missing far more chances than he converts.

The problem is that Colchester will never progress as a football club if we have to sell at the first signs of promise from one of our players. Why should we sell Freddie Sears; where are the queue of Championship clubs for his services - wait until he has scored 25 goals at the end of the season, kept the U's up and perhaps scored a couple more FA Cup goals. Then we might get a little more, but January don't sell and tell any would be club to come back in May with a serious offer!!!!

In the meantime - we need to get some of our injured players back. I would suggest on current form that George Moncur is the potential POTS.

Great news if Rhys Healey is extended and even better if we play him a little more - 10 mins at home on Sunday is simply not enough.

In the meantime keep Sanchez Watt and Craig Eastmond fit and get an extension on the loan of Kaspars Gorkss, who is going to be sensational for the U's.

bring on the bluebirds or whatever colour they now play in!

Up the U's

The trouble with Sears (if you can call it trouble) is that he's scoring well in a team struggling at the wrong end of the table, and always short of cash. To me, fits the profile for an aspiring League 1 side, or a struggling Championship side, who'll be happy to risk £200-250k on a cheeky punt for a potential 20+ goals per season striker - and I don't think we can afford to say no. What is, I believe, in our favour is Freddie does seem to enjoy it here, so hopefully he'll be tempted to stick it out, get those 20+ goals (keeping us from relegation in the process), and earn a better move to maybe a bigger club, or at least for a bigger fee for us and salary for him?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Sears gone in Jan. window if Rhys Healey is extended, as The U's & Cardiff talk? on 23:33 - Dec 10 with 1327 viewsBarsidepete

Vale striker Tom Pope says he won't take a pay cut. Nursing a knee injury and probably cannot feature till Jan or Feb. Worth a punt? 29 now and looks content in League One to help --and increase his value.. how much could this possibly cost the U's?

Healey and Pope in front. There you go, we have our strikers

Sears gone in Jan. window if Rhys Healey is extended, as The U's & Cardiff talk? on 00:25 - Dec 11 with 1318 viewsBarsidepete

Sears gone in Jan. window if Rhys Healey is extended, as The U's & Cardiff talk? on 17:07 - Dec 10 by Leadbelly

Thanks BP.

Right. Even Robbie Cowling is quoted as saying, “We’re in talks with Cardiff about having Rhys here for longer."

I believe we can count on an interesting week ahead, not to mention January drama. Rhys' loan period nearly over, otherwise.

Sears gone in Jan. window if Rhys Healey is extended, as The U's & Cardiff talk? on 17:23 - Dec 12 with 1168 viewsRSCOSWORTH

I'm not really sure what Sears has done wrong here. He's scored plenty of goals for us this season and I believe he'll score plenty more and still be here at the end of the season.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Sears gone in Jan. window if Rhys Healey is extended, as The U's & Cardiff talk? on 22:23 - Dec 12 with 1141 viewswessex_exile

Sears gone in Jan. window if Rhys Healey is extended, as The U's & Cardiff talk? on 17:23 - Dec 12 by RSCOSWORTH

I'm not really sure what Sears has done wrong here. He's scored plenty of goals for us this season and I believe he'll score plenty more and still be here at the end of the season.

Agree, he hasn't done anything wrong at all. The problem is scoring goals in a struggling side makes him a very attractive prospect, and therefore a saleable asset. I will be very pleasantly surprised if we can get through January without an offer we simply can't afford to say "no" to coming in...

...I don't think that should be seen as a negative 'marker' for our ambition, but we're just not in the position to ignore the right offer.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Sears gone in Jan. window if Rhys Healey is extended, as The U's & Cardiff talk? on 18:51 - Dec 13 with 1093 viewsBarsidepete

Healey hits post 45-plus and then is replaced at HT in favour of Massey who nets one. And Sears looking like he's dreaming of a transfer in January to Bristol City, way he plays, as BC is emerging the most interested potential suitors. (No Championship club in the rumour mill.)

Then why not let Rhys play through it? And instead Massey replace Sears rather than Healey?

Don't get me started about the defense and what the transfer window will demand.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2014 19:02]

Sears gone in Jan. window if Rhys Healey is extended, as The U's & Cardiff talk? on 18:43 - Dec 29 with 933 viewsBarsidepete

Still chatter on the Gazette and elsewhere that he wants to remain here. But good lord almighty, then pay him. This would be a great January transfer window acquisition.

But actually, he Plays For The U's. So Just Keep Him at all costs. He instills fear in other clubs. Do we have ambition to stay up? Sign him and that means now.

Sears gone in Jan. window if Rhys Healey is extended, as The U's & Cardiff talk? on 13:45 - Jan 16 with 656 viewsBarsidepete

Boom.

Now what?

Cue the "we need a striker" talk all over again.

Sears gone in Jan. window if Rhys Healey is extended, as The U's & Cardiff talk? on 14:02 - Jan 16 with 640 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Sears gone in Jan. window if Rhys Healey is extended, as The U's & Cardiff talk? on 13:45 - Jan 16 by Barsidepete

Boom.

Now what?

Cue the "we need a striker" talk all over again.

Don't worry, Holman's back!

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024