Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jamie Cureton, 20th anniversary of his 1st professional goal, an eye on The U's 18:18 - Dec 11 with 306 viewsBarsidepete

Netted that first one as a Norwich substitute v Chelsea 10 Dec, '94... 245 goals in the league, 8 in the FA Cup, 7 in the League Cup... 7 goals in 17 appearances for Dag & Red this term and 1 more, League Cup.

http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/sport/11657680.Cureton___I_regret_the_way_I_left_t

Quoting the Gazette, Cureton regards the 2006-07 campaign, which saw him hit the net 23 times for Colchester in their inaugural season in the Championship, as one of his best.

“It was a special time - it was one of my best years in football, if not the best,” said Cureton, who was the first U’s striker to score 20 league goals in a season since Tony Adcock managed the feat in the 1984-85 campaign.

“With the size of the club, we were expected to come straight back down that year.

“It was great to play in that team and to have the input that I had was brilliant..."

He's returning to his Sudbury home next month, it is reported. Maybe a player coach role is in the stars?
[Post edited 12 Dec 2014 15:36]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024