Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dale in Town today 08:59 - Dec 13 with 884 viewsdurham_exile

TH buoyed by that dramatic win against the Posh in the latest televised U's FA Cup match and by the news that big Sam has signed until 2016, oversees his charges against Rochdale this afternoon.

Some games define seasons and after some shocking recent league results the win was all the more satisfying, more importantly it has kick started our season.

The next league games are so important if we are to climb away from the bottom 4; Rochdale H, Yeovil A, Gillingham H, Crawley A before our date in South Wales.

TH has also made some inspired signings; Kaspars Gorkks on short term loan until January but sure to feature beyond that. He looked sensational against the Posh, positional play, match saving tackles and blocks plus much needed stability at the back. His partnership with Tom Eastman also looked strong.

With Tosin Olufemi, Magnus and Frankie Kent out and the unlucky Will Packwood back at Brum defenders are somewhat of a premium.

The good showing of Craig Eastmond also gives TH a selection problem today.

Suggest the following in a 4,4,2

Walker

Hewitt Gorkks Eastman Kpekawa

Massey Moncur Eastmond Watt

Sears Healey

Subs:

Lewington Clohessy Gordon Fox Gilbey Szmodics Bonne

Safe journey to all travelling supporters, plenty of snow showers and frost in Durham, suggest milder in Colchester.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Dale in Town today on 09:30 - Dec 13 with 877 viewsMadeira163

I'll be there , very excited !!!
Dale in Town today on 15:56 - Dec 13 with 827 viewswessex_exile

Dale in Town today on 09:30 - Dec 13 by Madeira163

I'll be there , very excited !!!

Bet you're not now...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Dale in Town today on 18:30 - Dec 13 with 780 viewsFruitbat

That was fun.

We were in it until the first goal went in but then it all went to sh1t in fairly short order. Side lacks belief, lacks fight and plays like a group of individuals. There is no cohesion, no movement off the ball and absolutely no threat going forwards. First half tactics left me bemused and left Elliot Hewitt (not the best defender it must be said) marking two, and sometimes 3, Dale players with no right sided midfielder in front of him.

At least we managed to draw the second half.
Dale in Town today on 18:57 - Dec 13 with 764 viewsPaddyA140

Just back in Norwich
listening to TH on BBC Essex I'm inclined to sympathise. I put today's drubbing down to the players.
Why couldn't Walker parry away from onrushing strikers?
Why were onrushing strikers first to the ball, not our defenders covering?
Why did Sanchez start ahead of Massey?
Why did Hewitt start ahead of Clohessey?
Upsides: we hit the post thru' Healey, who i thought did OK and was unlock to be subbed, and Walker was unlucky not to save his second pen running. Oh, and despite the score Gorkss should be good to have around.
Up the U's
Dale in Town today on 19:23 - Dec 13 with 746 viewsBluenWightExile

Paddy surely it's management's job to motivate its workforce? The inexperienced leading the inexperienced is beginning to worry!

Pinault-noir

Dale in Town today on 20:58 - Dec 13 with 706 viewsdurham_exile

Some years ago we lost 5-2 at home to the Dale, history has a habit of kicking a team when they are down.

From the games that I have been to this season , there are definitely four teams worse than the U's in League One, problem is we are shipping far too many goals which must be arrested and quickly.

Yeovil
Gillingham
Crawley

Suggest anything less than 6 points from these three games and we are staring at the R word!

Up the U's

Unlikely that Sears will have too many suitors on this form!

Durham_exile

Dale in Town today on 21:29 - Dec 13 with 683 viewsDaley_Lama

I had Dale to win 4-1 and 4-2 that day, both at 100-1 because back then your football bets were put on paper using a grid on the back of a football coupon.

I cursed the last minute goal, you guys must be cursing that you didn't play us last week, or the week before, or the week before that.

Our attacking 3 are back after suspension and injuries and we are a totally different team when they are not in the side.

GL for the rest of the season.

Poll: DF in or out

Dale in Town today on 08:46 - Dec 15 with 530 viewsAFCMorant

A rare home view which continued my run of seeing one win at the WHCS since we moved there, a slight improvement on my last visit the 0-4 to Notts County - but not much. Hewitt was an absolute joke and shouldn't be in a pub team, Walker was at fault for the first two and the last one; the midfield were too open and the defence appalling. If anyone can take any comfort from that performance they need psychiatric care. We are tactically clueless and that's down to Humes who is clearly out of his depth. After the first few games he's been found out. I don't normally join in with the sack the manager chorus but I'll make an exception for Humes. Yeovil and Gillingham will both be rubbing their hands with glee at the prospect of three easy points, we are starting to be be cut adrift and with a team comprised of strangers and established players clearly not up for the fight we've had it.
Login to get fewer ads

Dale in Town today on 09:22 - Dec 16 with 470 viewsMadeira163

I stayed until the bitter end ,nearly alone in W3 , although absolutely gutted didn't boo. However each and everyone of those players and the manger should take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror and ask did I do my very best today ,
We work hard to earn considerably less than those boys out there today, we chose to spent it on watching our beloved U' s but today was a joke. £100 flight ,£50 train fare £22 match ticket, plus the wife came to shop , expensive few days.
Perhaps Mr H might organise a whip round !!!!
Dale in Town today on 19:15 - Dec 16 with 438 viewsdurham_exile

Dale in Town today on 09:22 - Dec 16 by Madeira163

I stayed until the bitter end ,nearly alone in W3 , although absolutely gutted didn't boo. However each and everyone of those players and the manger should take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror and ask did I do my very best today ,
We work hard to earn considerably less than those boys out there today, we chose to spent it on watching our beloved U' s but today was a joke. £100 flight ,£50 train fare £22 match ticket, plus the wife came to shop , expensive few days.
Perhaps Mr H might organise a whip round !!!!

Gsy sorry that the result was so poor but at least you were there giving your support.

I always used to say that it was worth going to Layer Road just to watch the grass grow.
Perhaps the jury is still out at the WHCS!

Keep the faith.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024