Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Col U - time for the Kid Gloves to come off at Huish Park 20:22 - Dec 19 with 530 viewsdurham_exile

Saturday is not only a six pointer for the U's, but also it is an opportunity for the players to stand up and be counted.

The kid gloves have to come off against the Glovers, a fellow relegation threatened team and one who may just be distracted by the thrill of Man Utd visiting in Round Three of the FA Cup.

There can be no repeat of last week's shocking performance, every player has to play to their ability and there is no hiding place for TH after publicly criticising the players, his ability as a manager is definitely under the microscope.

He is not helped by the ever burgeoning injury list - Olufemi, Magnus, Wright, O'Donoghue.

Now unlike other contributors I like Hewitt, he is good going forward and delivers some wicked crosses, but defensively he is weaker than Clohessy. Gordon seems out of favour and in truth is not as good as Kpekawa.

After impressing against the Posh Gorkss had a tough game against the Dale.

Eastman is back to his best and it is great to see Watt playing regularly. Moncur is a class act and if fit Gilbey, who has been missed recently should definitely play.

Sears is due a good game, (he has been consumed by newspaper talk and ill informed gossip) and Healey is a must to start.

I am all the more disappointed by our recent league form when one considers the quality within the team.

So let's try the following in a 4,1,3,2:

Walker

Hewitt Gorkss Eastman Kpekawa

Eastmond

Watt Moncur Gilbey

Sears Healey

Subs:

Lewington, Clohessy, Fox, Massey, Bonne, Szmodics, Sembie-Ferris

No excuses tomorrow

Safe journey to all travelling U's supporters

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Col U - time for the Kid Gloves to come off at Huish Park on 21:53 - Dec 19 with 519 viewsPaddyA140

Agree with all of that save the team selection... Clohessy for Hewitt, and Fox would get my nod ahead of Sanchez. Watt drifted a lot last week, Fox was one of the (marginally) better performers.

Good to hear we're sold out for Boxing Day... in the car park. Hope that translates into a decent crowd inside the stadium too but any more performances like last week and Cowling is going to have to drop prices next season

Up the U's
Col U - time for the Kid Gloves to come off at Huish Park on 22:51 - Dec 19 with 516 viewsRSCOSWORTH

If Fox is fit he'll start, pretty sure he's one of the first names on the team sheet.

Watt and Massey both need to play as we seem to do better with a bit of width and Sears should start up front by himself.

I'd like to see Clohessy replace Hewitt personally but I can't see that happening personally.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Col U - time for the Kid Gloves to come off at Huish Park on 18:19 - Dec 20 with 475 viewsdurham_exile

Now that's what I'm talking about..................Craig Eastmond back to form as well.

Two more "six pointers" coming up and about time that we translated these into two more wins.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Col U - time for the Kid Gloves to come off at Huish Park on 20:28 - Dec 21 with 397 viewsRSCOSWORTH

It's good to see Eastmond back in the side again but I think when everyone's fit he doesn't make our best XI. It's a shame in a way that he's never consistently reached the level that he initially showed when he first came here on loan.

Also pleasing to see Clohessy and Gordon return to the defence to add some much needed experience back there. Crazy to think that we've conceded ten in our last four matches yet kept two clean sheets across those four games.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024