Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So where exactly are the 27 points coming from for Col U League 1 safety? 16:46 - Jan 15 with 630 viewsdurham_exile

The super U's have another 22 games to secure another 27 points and reach 51 which should be enough for survival.

But we don't want to stop there....................

There are 66 possible points available and achieving 48 of these would probably result in a top six finish (another 16 victories out of 22!).

Anyway let's not get ahead of ourselves - 9 victories against the following:

Walsall H
Orient H
Crewe H
Oldham A
Crawley H
Yeovil H
Port Vale A
Barnsley H
Scunny H

Is more than possible.

Then we have possibilities of victories against:

Doncaster A
Rochdale A
Gillingham A
Chesterfield A
Fleetwood A

and finally two surprise victories from the following matches:

Bradford A
Sheff Utd A
MK Dons H
Bristol City H
Notts County H
Swindon H
Coventry A
PNE H

This would result in 16 victories and 6th place with 72 points.

Before reaching for the medication consider that this is eminently possible.

But we must start to secure some home wins and preferably starting on Saturday.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

So where exactly are the 27 points coming from for Col U League 1 safety? on 16:55 - Jan 15 with 623 viewsgerry_us

for you Pete!
So where exactly are the 27 points coming from for Col U League 1 safety? on 20:30 - Jan 15 with 605 viewsdurham_exile

So where exactly are the 27 points coming from for Col U League 1 safety? on 16:55 - Jan 15 by gerry_us

for you Pete!

Gerry - the serious point is I still believe we can do it!!

Not only escape relegation but also compete for the top six!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

So where exactly are the 27 points coming from for Col U League 1 safety? on 21:12 - Jan 15 with 602 viewsgerry_us

So where exactly are the 27 points coming from for Col U League 1 safety? on 20:30 - Jan 15 by durham_exile

Gerry - the serious point is I still believe we can do it!!

Not only escape relegation but also compete for the top six!

Up the U's

OK Pete. You've sold me with your enthusiasm. I'm with you starting with three points on Saturday.
Onwards and upwards.
So where exactly are the 27 points coming from for Col U League 1 safety? on 13:30 - Jan 16 with 572 viewsBarsidepete

Port Vale and Oldham away? wins?

From your second tier, the only "possible" victory I can see, at Gills, maybe.

Your final grouping under the guise of two "surprise" victories, I can see that. Actually more than two. Dons, BC, Notts County and Coventry.

To paraphrase, though, You don't need to outrun the bear chasing, only the person you are with.

Crewe with a goal differential of -19 in -- amusingly enough -- 19th position now, they seem to be the ones caught in the bear's claws at season's end, not the U's.

Most of the clubs will ultimately have nothing to play for. Not playoff places or fear of relegation.

That's where predictions of how many points ColU needs for survival feels muddy.

Besides, who predicted Posh 0-2 The U's? feel free to raise your hands. I had it 1-2, so happens
[Post edited 16 Jan 2015 13:51]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

So where exactly are the 27 points coming from for Col U League 1 safety? on 15:12 - Jan 16 with 539 viewsRSCOSWORTH

I think we're going to need to win at Gillingham and I can see us getting something at Coventry too.

Interesting how we've got to play the majority of the teams around us at home (Yeovil, Crawley, Leyton Orient and Crewe). Not sure if that's a good thing or not but it's these teams we need to finish above in the table.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

So where exactly are the 27 points coming from for Col U League 1 safety? on 16:01 - Jan 16 with 530 viewsAFCMorant

They aren't.
So where exactly are the 27 points coming from for Col U League 1 safety? on 19:29 - Jan 16 with 495 viewsnoah4x4

So where exactly are the 27 points coming from for Col U League 1 safety? on 13:30 - Jan 16 by Barsidepete

Port Vale and Oldham away? wins?

From your second tier, the only "possible" victory I can see, at Gills, maybe.

Your final grouping under the guise of two "surprise" victories, I can see that. Actually more than two. Dons, BC, Notts County and Coventry.

To paraphrase, though, You don't need to outrun the bear chasing, only the person you are with.

Crewe with a goal differential of -19 in -- amusingly enough -- 19th position now, they seem to be the ones caught in the bear's claws at season's end, not the U's.

Most of the clubs will ultimately have nothing to play for. Not playoff places or fear of relegation.

That's where predictions of how many points ColU needs for survival feels muddy.

Besides, who predicted Posh 0-2 The U's? feel free to raise your hands. I had it 1-2, so happens
[Post edited 16 Jan 2015 13:51]

0-2. I did Pete.

Listed it under 'best U's performances" thread before it happened. I saw it in my dreams. Really p'ee'd off it wasnt a HGPL fixture!

Tomorrow 3 -0 win because we will see a tight defence and a two centre forwards that will run their legs off (e.g Healey to start, Bonne replaces after 60 minutes). With Szmodics and possibly Gilbey in Walsall's face supporting Massey and thrust of Hewitt we will be a different team. Imagine crosses to the head of Healey (or Bonne) and Hewitt. When did we last pose an aerial threat except at corners?
So where exactly are the 27 points coming from for Col U League 1 safety? on 13:09 - Jan 18 with 396 viewsBarsidepete

So where exactly are the 27 points coming from for Col U League 1 safety? on 19:29 - Jan 16 by noah4x4

0-2. I did Pete.

Listed it under 'best U's performances" thread before it happened. I saw it in my dreams. Really p'ee'd off it wasnt a HGPL fixture!

Tomorrow 3 -0 win because we will see a tight defence and a two centre forwards that will run their legs off (e.g Healey to start, Bonne replaces after 60 minutes). With Szmodics and possibly Gilbey in Walsall's face supporting Massey and thrust of Hewitt we will be a different team. Imagine crosses to the head of Healey (or Bonne) and Hewitt. When did we last pose an aerial threat except at corners?

Ah, I see, Noah.

You said in the U's "0- 2 Walsall Noah's View" thread, "Let's ride out the storm. maybe hope that our away form plus two wins against Orient and Crewe get us out of the mire. if it doesn't then maybe we have found our natural level on crowds of under 3,500."

No one is intimidated playing at the WHCS anymore, seems, and the numbers reflect that:

Sat 17 Jan ColU 0-2 Walsall ... attendance: 2980
Fri 26 Dec ColU 1-2 Gillingham ... att: 4544 (Boxing Day anomaly)
Sat 13 Dec ColU 1-4 Rochdale ... att: 2920
Sun 7 Dec ColU 1-0 Peterborough ... att: 2905
Sat 22 Nov ColU 0-1 Coventry ... att: 4433
Sat 1 Nov ColU 1-2 Port Vale ... att: 3571

Clearly you believe that The U's have not much of a shot at Bradford (6th) amongst that Orient and Crewe sandwich, and then 10 Feb at Sheff Utd (presently 7th), all might be done and dusted by then.

We may be looking at 2500 or less shortly. Home victories must come as soon as possible. Mr. Cowling, I hope you are not going to be known for killing our club, on a straight path to the conference in two years when you finally sell at a "loss."

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024