Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The U'sual NFL SUPERB OWL, SEAHAWKS v NEW ENGLAND PATS..: Deadline: 23:30 1 Feb 04:35 - Jan 19 with 2528 viewsBarsidepete

NFC Championship
Green Bay 22 at SEATTLE 28
AFC Championship
Indianapolis 7 at NEW ENGLAND 45

Super Bowl XLIX, Arizona, 1 February
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS v NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS --- (18:30 ET, 23:30 UK kickoff, or likely 5-10 minutes later:p ... Sky Sports 1 HD and Sky Sports 3 HD

THE SUPERB OWL Finalists: (first to post tie-breaker for each match-up)
The Superb Owl Final
MFB_CUFC v SARBOY

The Grumpy Europa league Final:
GERRY_US v DURHAM_EXILE

Consolation 3rd place games:
LEADBELLY v RSCOSWORTH *3rd Owl
BARSIDEPETE v THRILLSEEKER *3rd Grumpy

Results:
MFB v RSCOSWORTH 6-5
SARBOY v LEADBELLY 6-5
DURHAM v BARSIDE 8-6
GERRY v THRILLSEEKER 6-6 (1st to post tie-breaker, Gerry)

Overall table:

SARBOY............. (6-4)..... 14-4
mfb_cufc .......... (6-4)..... 12-6
Leadbelly........... (5-5)..... 11-7
durham_exile..... (8-2)..... 11-7
RSCOSWORTH... (5-5)...... 11-7
Barsidepete........ (6-4)..... 11-7
gerry_us ............ (6-4)..... 10-8
thrillseeker......... (6-4)..... 10-8

SUPER BOWL picks -- 1 February, Arizona. (first to post tie-break) ... 10 points available. As is one edit.

*First one worth 2 points:
1) Pick the Winner... SEATTLE SEAHAWKS (holders) v NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

*all of these worth 1 point each:
2) SEATTLE to lose by no more than 3 points OR NEW ENGLAND wins by 4 or more ...
3) who wins the opening coin toss? ... 1 pt...
4) Seattle or New England, who has most total rushing yards?
5) Seattle or New England, Wilson or Brady, who passes for more yards?
6) who gets first interception? (no interception, no points)
7) which team fumbles first? (neither team fumbles, no points)
8) Over Under... More than 48 points or less than 48 total points ... 48 exactly no points for either in the comp.
9) Final Score: Nearest to the outcome against your opponent, not related to even picking the winner correct, when you think about it.

**Thanks for taking part, mates. At least 3 CANNOT be the same. But frankly I'm not sure our finalists will agree much to begin with, like whatever. Just saying,

A MINIMUM OF THREE MUST BE DIFFERENT v your oponent, First to Post Tie-Breaker. If you edit -- One edit ok for each) -- But an Edit then means 2nd to post in the tie-breaker.

Goog Luck all
[Post edited 23 Jan 2015 16:13]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

The U'sual NFL SUPERB OWL, SEAHAWKS v NEW ENGLAND PATS..: Deadline: 23:30 1 Feb on 20:20 - Feb 2 with 736 viewsBarsidepete

The U'sual NFL SUPERB OWL, SEAHAWKS v NEW ENGLAND PATS..: Deadline: 23:30 1 Feb on 18:45 - Feb 2 by RSCOSWORTH

Maybe he was only there so he didn't get fined.

Very funny. March's line is "I'm only here so I don't get fined," when he has to be interviewed properly for 5 mins.

I had no horse in the race so frankly I didn't care. Just wanted to watch a fun final.

I feel that Seattle was too full of themselves. Good teams (Brady with 4 wins now, Super Bowls), they take care of business. Tough neighborhood.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2015 20:26]

The U'sual NFL SUPERB OWL, SEAHAWKS v NEW ENGLAND PATS..: Deadline: 23:30 1 Feb on 20:44 - Feb 2 with 720 viewsBarsidepete

A few more updates to follow. Appreciate all for participating.

Well done, SARBOY and GERRY. overall table to be updated later. But smart picks Sar and Ger. See you all in September:)

The U'sual NFL SUPERB OWL, SEAHAWKS v NEW ENGLAND PATS..: Deadline: 23:30 1 Feb on 09:31 - Feb 3 with 698 viewsBarsidepete

The U'sual NFL SUPERB OWL, SEAHAWKS v NEW ENGLAND PATS..: Deadline: 23:30 1 Feb on 19:32 - Feb 2 by gerry_us

"Gerry, the Grumpy Cup champ .. what a surprise"
...and your point being U.S.A boy?

Um.. you're better at Grumpy than I am, Gerry..?

Onward with our Superb Owl wrap-up...

But first. the Puppy Bowl XI on Animal Planet channel ... http://www.animalplanet.com/tv-shows/puppy-bowl/ ... Bryan Adams, a labrador retriever on Team Ruff, becomes the second dog ever to kick a field goal in Puppy Bowl.. Ruffs 87 Fluffs 49

*by the way, this is for homeless shelter dogs who are cute and personable --unlike Tom Brady with his gal, Gisele Bündchen -- he's not homeless and is not up for adoption -- Brady with 13 completions merely in the 4th quarter and Wilson with 12 total all game. Hm.

*First one worth 2 points:
1) Seattle 24 v NEW ENGLAND 28

*all of these worth 1 point each:
2) SEATTLE to lose by no more than 3 points OR NEW ENGLAND wins by 4 or more ... Patriots
3) who wins the opening coin toss? ... 1 pt... Seattle
4) Seattle or New England, who has most total rushing yards? NE 21 rushes for 57 yards, Seattle 29 for 162.
5) Seattle or New England, Wilson or Brady, who passes for more yards? .. Tom Brady 37 completions on 50 attempts, 328 yards, 4 touchdowns, 2 interceptions ... Russell Wilson, 12 of 21, 247 yards, 2 TDs and one legendary interception from the 1 yard line
6) who gets first interception? (no interception, no points) ... Seattle
7) which team fumbles first? (neither team fumbles, no points) -- neither team fumbled. No points.
8) Over Under... More than 48 points or less than 48 total points ... 48 exactly no points for either in the comp. -- over 48
9) Final Score: Nearest to the outcome against your opponent.

THE SUPERB OWL
(first poster owns the 1st to post t-break)
SARBOY v MFB_CUFC 7-6 ... Sarboy the Superb Owl Playoff Champion second time now.

The Grumpy Europa league Final:
GERRY_US v DURHAM_EXILE 6-6 (first to post tie-breaker) -- Gerry, the Grumpy Cup champ .. what a surprise.

Consolation 3rd place games:
LEADBELLY v RSCOSWORTH *3rd Owl winner, Lead, 7-4
THRILLSEEKER v BARSIDEPETE *3rd Grumpy, Thrillo 5-4

Overall table: (first to post tie-breaker)

SARBOY............. (7-3)..... 21-7
Leadbelly........... (7-3)..... 18-10
mfb_cufc .......... (6-4)..... 18-10
durham_exile..... (6-4)..... 17-11
gerry_us ............ (6-4)..... 16-12
thrillseeker......... (5-5)..... 15-13
RSCOSWORTH... (4-6)...... 15-13
Barsidepete........ (4-6)..... 15-13

ESPN poll, would Hawks' Marshawn Lynch have scored a TD if given the chance from the 1 yard line Three Times? 93 per cent say yes. Should have given him the ball and see what happens. Clearly the Seahawks coach Pete Carroll went mental with a pass from the 1 yard line.

The shark in the halftime show featuring Katy Perry said in the post-game interview, to Carroll, "Bro, you shoulda run that."

Pats Rookie Malcolm Butler who grabbed that last minute interception. Most likely to never have to buy his own drinks in Boston again.-- Butler, from pitifully small West Alabama. I reckon he will be forever famous.

[Post edited 3 Feb 2015 12:16]

The U'sual NFL SUPERB OWL, SEAHAWKS v NEW ENGLAND PATS..: Deadline: 23:30 1 Feb on 22:18 - Feb 5 with 644 viewsBarsidepete

Not going to add a separate thread, I think we have it all covered here, including reactions and such if there are more.

But Well done Sarboy!

And another great season, as Mick did win the League, 2nd,.. er, 3rd time now?

If only Sar would not every season miss a week. But maybe that's the point. Mfb takes care of business parking the bus during the season and Sar is more post-season based. Irony alert.

Thanks all for taking part, everyone. See you late August

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024