Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Layer Road Stadium Painting 07:05 - Jan 23 with 411 viewspaultown

Stadium artist Paul Town has lovingly hand painted a portrait of the old Layer Road ground.
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity to own a limited edition print of the old place.
The original painting is also up for grabs from Paul's website.
www.stadiumportraits.com
Layer Road Stadium Painting on 15:35 - Jan 23 with 381 viewsBarsidepete

Here is a direct link. Paul's work is terrific:)

http://www.stadiumportraits.com/colchester-unity-v-manchester-united-5th-round-f

"Colchester United v Manchester United FA Cup 5th Round 1979 A3 unframed print taken from the original painting.

I decided to paint this scene of Layer Road, Colchester following my visit to Colchester with my hometime club, Bradford City, in 2014. From discussions with various Colchester fans in person and over social media, I felt the need to try and recapture the spirit of this unique lost stadium for the fans to enjoy. Athough the stadium fell into neglect and disrepair, it was still home to thousands of genuine fans of the club. I was intrigued whilst doing my research from pictures of the ground the many different features which the ground had. This is something I have always loved about old stadiums. I only wish I had visited this lost arena before its demise..."
[Post edited 23 Jan 2015 15:37]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Layer Road Stadium Painting on 20:54 - Jan 23 with 359 viewswessex_exile

I've seen Paul's work before, and it is very reminiscent of a modern-day Lowry to me, which is definitely a compliment! My only complaint is that I was in T3 for that game, and I've looked and looked, but can't see my face in his crowd at all!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Layer Road Stadium Painting on 10:46 - Jan 24 with 342 viewsnoah4x4

Layer Road Stadium Painting on 20:54 - Jan 23 by wessex_exile

I've seen Paul's work before, and it is very reminiscent of a modern-day Lowry to me, which is definitely a compliment! My only complaint is that I was in T3 for that game, and I've looked and looked, but can't see my face in his crowd at all!

For £1 he will paint you into the original provided your family will then buy all 1,000 prints.
Layer Road Stadium Painting on 15:23 - Jan 24 with 334 viewsBarsidepete

Layer Road Stadium Painting on 10:46 - Jan 24 by noah4x4

For £1 he will paint you into the original provided your family will then buy all 1,000 prints.

Haha. Nice one!

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024