Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
who out of these is a club you LEAST have the time of day for??? 18:59 - Jan 25 with 2759 viewsmrhappy

who out of these is a club you LEAST have the time of day for???

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

who out of these is a club you LEAST have the time of day for??? on 16:46 - Jan 26 with 2689 viewsjonestones

I'm really surprised that sarfend and Wycombe have scored so few votes and that wolves have out scored both aforementioned clubs? Am i missing something?
who out of these is a club you LEAST have the time of day for??? on 17:24 - Jan 26 with 2684 viewsLeadbelly

I put on my Leeds Utd hat and voted for ManUre. Probably Ipswich whilst in a Col U frame of mind.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

who out of these is a club you LEAST have the time of day for??? on 18:07 - Jan 26 with 2674 viewsthrillseeker

who out of these is a club you LEAST have the time of day for??? on 16:46 - Jan 26 by jonestones

I'm really surprised that sarfend and Wycombe have scored so few votes and that wolves have out scored both aforementioned clubs? Am i missing something?

Seaweed - I am a little surprised at such a low percentage

Wycombe - no surprise at all really. We only had a real rivalry with them in the Conference (2 years) and that was primarily due to the McDonough/ O'Neil spat.

Wolves - I'm only guessing but probably due to Mr Happy and his mates on here

Ipshit - I am actually disappointed at the low percentage currently associated with the Shit. Born in the 1970's, (just) I was educated at school to hate the Shit and all these years later I still hate them with a passion. Born in Colchester, hate the Shit

Apologies for the language
who out of these is a club you LEAST have the time of day for??? on 20:37 - Jan 26 with 2657 viewswessex_exile

Okay, couldn't give a damn about any of them, but I'll choose Millwall, as the only team where I've taken a proper pasting at a football match, and indeed ran for my life to avoid another (separate matches, needless to say both in the 70s). That being said, I bumped into a proper Millwall old boy at Hamilton Hall after Orient this season, and he was talking about back then, when him and his mob weren't chasing us all over town he knew most of the old Barsiders, and used to come down and stand with them on the terrace - he even had a Barside tattoo!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

who out of these is a club you LEAST have the time of day for??? on 23:16 - Jan 26 with 2644 viewsthrillseeker

who out of these is a club you LEAST have the time of day for??? on 20:37 - Jan 26 by wessex_exile

Okay, couldn't give a damn about any of them, but I'll choose Millwall, as the only team where I've taken a proper pasting at a football match, and indeed ran for my life to avoid another (separate matches, needless to say both in the 70s). That being said, I bumped into a proper Millwall old boy at Hamilton Hall after Orient this season, and he was talking about back then, when him and his mob weren't chasing us all over town he knew most of the old Barsiders, and used to come down and stand with them on the terrace - he even had a Barside tattoo!

Was his name Ian by chance?
who out of these is a club you LEAST have the time of day for??? on 23:40 - Jan 26 with 2643 viewswessex_exile

who out of these is a club you LEAST have the time of day for??? on 23:16 - Jan 26 by thrillseeker

Was his name Ian by chance?

Didn't catch his name, shaven-headed, had a teenage daughter - think you know him?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

who out of these is a club you LEAST have the time of day for??? on 12:47 - Jan 27 with 2618 viewsmrhappy

amazing story wessex.

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

who out of these is a club you LEAST have the time of day for??? on 14:31 - Jan 27 with 2607 viewsBarsidepete

Read the question as is, who you really have less time of day for.

Dislike most or summat

1. Wyc"s**m
2. Lions Den .. punk bullies
3. ManU .. slow and steady wins the race
4. West Ham .. lots of noise, new big stad, yay (sarcasm alert, empty stad)
5. Wolves -- soft spot for em, don't make me go Noah on you d;@
6. Norwich
7. Ipswich. If they make it to the BPL it will be amazing. This would be must watch tv each weekend
8. Southend .. here is where I need a Why I Hate Southend post. Back in the day, was it the 90s, Shrimpers did ok in the Championship (er, 2nd tier) .. what is about this one, mates? It's like a hidden unspoken. What is it about Saffend?

Oh right, SUFC, that moment in the 90s when fans disappeared and the chairman wouldn't put money forth to save their team so eventually they landed in the third division. Irony alert.

[Post edited 27 Jan 2015 14:44]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Login to get fewer ads

who out of these is a club you LEAST have the time of day for??? on 16:24 - Jan 27 with 2594 viewsnoah4x4

Have a guilty confession...

Immediately before I moved to Colchester (twelve years ago) I had a 'docklands' flat overlooking the O2/Dome. I couldn't ever get Charlton tickets as they were then in the Premiership (sold out by Monday every week) so I got myself an official 'Millwall hooligans card' and frequently strolled down to the New Den. Frankly, I don't recall ever seeing any trouble as this 'membership' scheme was pretty effective. Going forward, any Millwall bad reputation was largely down to fans that travelled away, but were probably banned at home.

It was therefore disappointing to see the measures in place for the forthcoming Leeds v Millwall game. I thought fans had moved on and that "hate" no longer means violence. Here, must mention the wonderful welcome U's fans recently had in Cardiff.
who out of these is a club you LEAST have the time of day for??? on 19:35 - Jan 27 with 2578 viewsjonestones

My understanding is that the Wycombe rivalry dated back to the 80's when we played them in the cup. After the game some damage was caused to Wycombe town centre. It was blamed on U's fans. I read that it was actually Chelsea fans who were responsible. They didn't have a game that weekend. Apparently they had read in the paper that a fan had been attacked (possibly stabbed) in the sarfend colchester match the week before. So they had decided to come to the Wycombe game to see for themselves. If true, it is a little ironic that one of our fiercest rivals of the 90s and 00s was based on the actions of Chelsea fans!
who out of these is a club you LEAST have the time of day for??? on 14:36 - Jan 28 with 2532 viewsBarsidepete

who out of these is a club you LEAST have the time of day for??? on 19:35 - Jan 27 by jonestones

My understanding is that the Wycombe rivalry dated back to the 80's when we played them in the cup. After the game some damage was caused to Wycombe town centre. It was blamed on U's fans. I read that it was actually Chelsea fans who were responsible. They didn't have a game that weekend. Apparently they had read in the paper that a fan had been attacked (possibly stabbed) in the sarfend colchester match the week before. So they had decided to come to the Wycombe game to see for themselves. If true, it is a little ironic that one of our fiercest rivals of the 90s and 00s was based on the actions of Chelsea fans!

Chelsea, pah. About Wycombe:

16 Nov 1985 Wycombe Wanderers v Colchester United L 2-0 FA Cup
18 Sep 1993 Wycombe Wanderers v Colchester United W 2-5 League Division 3
11 Jan 1994 Colchester United v Wycombe Wanderers L 0-1 Autoglass Trophy
12 Mar 1994 Colchester United v Wycombe Wanderers L 0-2 League D3
16 Nov 1996 Colchester United v Wycombe Wanderers L 1-2 FA Cup
26 Sep 1998 Colchester United v Wycombe Wanderers W 2-1 League Division 2
06 Mar 1999 Wycombe Wanderers v Colchester United D 2-2 League D2
18 Jan 2000 Colchester United v Wycombe Wanderers W 1-0 League D2
15 Apr 2000 Wycombe Wanderers v Colchester United L 3-0 League D2
25 Nov 2000 Colchester United v Wycombe Wanderers D 0-0 League D2
05 May 2001 Wycombe Wanderers v Colchester United D 1-1 League D2
23 Oct 2001 Colchester United v Wycombe Wanderers D 2-2 League D2
23 Mar 2002 Wycombe Wanderers v Colchester United D 0-0 League D2
05 Oct 2002 Colchester United v Wycombe Wanderers L 0-1 League D2
26 Apr 2003 Wycombe Wanderers v Colchester United D 0-0 League D2
16 Sep 2003 Wycombe Wanderers v Colchester United W 1-2 League D2
09 Dec 2003 Wycombe Wanderers v Colchester United W 2-3 LDV Vans Trophy
16 Mar 2004 Colchester United v Wycombe Wanderers D 1-1 League D2
17 Oct 2009 Wycombe Wanderers v Colchester United D 1-1 League 1
27 Mar 2010 Colchester United v Wycombe Wanderers D 1-1 League 1
05 Oct 2010 Colchester United v Wycombe Wanderers L 0-2 JPT
09 Aug 2011 Wycombe Wanderers v Colchester United L 3-3 (5-4) Carling Cup
13 Aug 2011 Colchester United v Wycombe Wanderers D 1-1 League 1
10 Mar 2012 Wycombe Wanderers v Colchester United D 0-0 League 1

some important moments long the way.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

who out of these is a club you LEAST have the time of day for??? on 15:57 - Jan 28 with 2519 viewsthrillseeker

who out of these is a club you LEAST have the time of day for??? on 23:40 - Jan 26 by wessex_exile

Didn't catch his name, shaven-headed, had a teenage daughter - think you know him?

I don't think the guy I am thinking of has a daughter so I would have to say no.
who out of these is a club you LEAST have the time of day for??? on 18:11 - Jan 28 with 2506 viewsdurham_exile

who out of these is a club you LEAST have the time of day for??? on 16:24 - Jan 27 by noah4x4

Have a guilty confession...

Immediately before I moved to Colchester (twelve years ago) I had a 'docklands' flat overlooking the O2/Dome. I couldn't ever get Charlton tickets as they were then in the Premiership (sold out by Monday every week) so I got myself an official 'Millwall hooligans card' and frequently strolled down to the New Den. Frankly, I don't recall ever seeing any trouble as this 'membership' scheme was pretty effective. Going forward, any Millwall bad reputation was largely down to fans that travelled away, but were probably banned at home.

It was therefore disappointing to see the measures in place for the forthcoming Leeds v Millwall game. I thought fans had moved on and that "hate" no longer means violence. Here, must mention the wonderful welcome U's fans recently had in Cardiff.

Some years ago at the Old Den I saw Colchester (deservedly) win 2-1 and Trevor Lee scored the winner.

Many of the Millwall fans wore surgical masks and the atmosphere was somewhat sinister. The abuse meted out to Trevor Lee from many of the Millwall supporters was exceptionally unpleasant.

In fact the Den has been the only ground where I have failed to celebrate the Col U goals when they were scored. I have not been to the New Den.

I believe the infamous F troop were very much in existence in those days.

Durham_exile

who out of these is a club you LEAST have the time of day for??? on 18:34 - Jan 28 with 2502 viewsjonestones

who out of these is a club you LEAST have the time of day for??? on 14:36 - Jan 28 by Barsidepete

Chelsea, pah. About Wycombe:

16 Nov 1985 Wycombe Wanderers v Colchester United L 2-0 FA Cup
18 Sep 1993 Wycombe Wanderers v Colchester United W 2-5 League Division 3
11 Jan 1994 Colchester United v Wycombe Wanderers L 0-1 Autoglass Trophy
12 Mar 1994 Colchester United v Wycombe Wanderers L 0-2 League D3
16 Nov 1996 Colchester United v Wycombe Wanderers L 1-2 FA Cup
26 Sep 1998 Colchester United v Wycombe Wanderers W 2-1 League Division 2
06 Mar 1999 Wycombe Wanderers v Colchester United D 2-2 League D2
18 Jan 2000 Colchester United v Wycombe Wanderers W 1-0 League D2
15 Apr 2000 Wycombe Wanderers v Colchester United L 3-0 League D2
25 Nov 2000 Colchester United v Wycombe Wanderers D 0-0 League D2
05 May 2001 Wycombe Wanderers v Colchester United D 1-1 League D2
23 Oct 2001 Colchester United v Wycombe Wanderers D 2-2 League D2
23 Mar 2002 Wycombe Wanderers v Colchester United D 0-0 League D2
05 Oct 2002 Colchester United v Wycombe Wanderers L 0-1 League D2
26 Apr 2003 Wycombe Wanderers v Colchester United D 0-0 League D2
16 Sep 2003 Wycombe Wanderers v Colchester United W 1-2 League D2
09 Dec 2003 Wycombe Wanderers v Colchester United W 2-3 LDV Vans Trophy
16 Mar 2004 Colchester United v Wycombe Wanderers D 1-1 League D2
17 Oct 2009 Wycombe Wanderers v Colchester United D 1-1 League 1
27 Mar 2010 Colchester United v Wycombe Wanderers D 1-1 League 1
05 Oct 2010 Colchester United v Wycombe Wanderers L 0-2 JPT
09 Aug 2011 Wycombe Wanderers v Colchester United L 3-3 (5-4) Carling Cup
13 Aug 2011 Colchester United v Wycombe Wanderers D 1-1 League 1
10 Mar 2012 Wycombe Wanderers v Colchester United D 0-0 League 1

some important moments long the way.

Chelsea pah? Do you know different then barside?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024