Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dear Deirdre 20:39 - Jan 28 with 500 viewsbwildered

What precautions can I take to stop my star players moving to the bright lights of rivals for such low prices ? Wonder if a Chelsea tractor gang culture is present ?

Robbie C

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Dear Deirdre on 00:36 - Jan 29 with 476 viewsnoah4x4

I believe that now we have Category II Youth Academy status we are guaranteed something like £40,000 compensation for each year somebody has been in the Academy. That means we might probably get more for a youth player than for Sears.

Also the wages for players aged under 21 don't count towards the 60% Fair Play cap. So with a higher ratio of youngsters in the squad then the more RC can potentially spend on 'seniors'.

We will never stop selling our best players as its a fact of life that we need the money. But this way we can "win win". If we had only 'adult' players they would all slip away for free under Bosman as we can't afford long term contracts.

This is the genius of RC's vision for the Academy
[Post edited 29 Jan 2015 0:37]
Dear Deirdre on 12:38 - Jan 29 with 440 viewsburnsieespana

Dear Deirdre on 00:36 - Jan 29 by noah4x4

I believe that now we have Category II Youth Academy status we are guaranteed something like £40,000 compensation for each year somebody has been in the Academy. That means we might probably get more for a youth player than for Sears.

Also the wages for players aged under 21 don't count towards the 60% Fair Play cap. So with a higher ratio of youngsters in the squad then the more RC can potentially spend on 'seniors'.

We will never stop selling our best players as its a fact of life that we need the money. But this way we can "win win". If we had only 'adult' players they would all slip away for free under Bosman as we can't afford long term contracts.

This is the genius of RC's vision for the Academy
[Post edited 29 Jan 2015 0:37]

Well said noah.
I have said since RC announced the changes 2/3 years ago we would have a real struggle to stay in Div 1 but if we could somehow cling on by year 5 we should be in much better shape than many teams.
Dear Deirdre on 14:44 - Jan 29 with 426 viewsBarsidepete

Dear Deidre.

I can't get no satisfaction with the U's right now. Do we need a quality striker at all costs?

-- rolling stones

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Dear Deirdre on 18:39 - Jan 29 with 402 viewsbwildered

You can't always get what you want .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Dear Deirdre on 18:43 - Jan 29 with 401 viewsnoah4x4

Dear Deirdre on 14:44 - Jan 29 by Barsidepete

Dear Deidre.

I can't get no satisfaction with the U's right now. Do we need a quality striker at all costs?

-- rolling stones

Rolling Stones?

Suggest Anita Bryant Singer of "Till There Was You" & Brian May of Queen.

Bryant & May have been turning out quality strikers since 1843. By coincidence the time of this posting
Dear Deirdre on 14:14 - Jan 30 with 355 viewsBarsidepete

Dear Deirdre on 18:39 - Jan 29 by bwildered

You can't always get what you want .

Just might find you get what you need:)

Dear Deirdre on 18:41 - Jan 30 with 340 viewsBarsidepete

Dear Deirdre on 18:43 - Jan 29 by noah4x4

Rolling Stones?

Suggest Anita Bryant Singer of "Till There Was You" & Brian May of Queen.

Bryant & May have been turning out quality strikers since 1843. By coincidence the time of this posting

Brian May, Queen's "We Will Rock You":) .. he did ok with that. This Queen band, kinda think they'll do alright in time. Maybe even like Mozart and Beethoven in another few decades.

My standard, you hear the first 2-3 notes and you know the song ... Mr Mercury not bad either;)
[Post edited 30 Jan 2015 18:45]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024