Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bantams to be outfoxed by Humes' super U's at Valley Parade 22:20 - Jan 30 with 684 viewsdurham_exile

TH boosted by an impressive win and double over the O’s takes his charges to Valley Parade and the Bantams under the leadership of Phil Parkinson, Colchester’s greatest ever Manager.

Now Humes is aiming to achieve what Jose Mourinho and his table toppers couldn’t manage last week and prevail against the West Yorkshire outfit.

The crowd at Valley Parade is historically large and very vocal. My last visit saw an entertaining 2-2 draw between these two teams. When we took a 2-1 lead the ground became very library-esque and TH will be hoping to quieten them early doors on Saturday.

Now Colchester this season are unused to playing the same XI in consecutive games and tomorrow will be no exception. Never mind what you may read elsewhere, the loss of Kaspars Gorkss is a big blow to the U’s. But like Sears he has moved on and so should the club.

The injury, suspension and want away at any cost list of playing staff is growing unfortunately. Gilbey, Wright, Olufemi, Magnus, Kent, O’Donoghue are injured, Healey is out for 6 weeks with appendicitis, Hewitt is out for three games and Ibehre wants away plus is injured.

Kenny McEvoy has signed from Spurs and will partner Chris Porter and Gavin Massey.

TH will look to make the minimum number of changes and I expect the U’s to line up in a 4, 3, 3 formation:

Walker

Clohessy Eastman Briggs Wynter

Lapslie Fox Szmodics

McEvoy Porter Massey

Subs:

Lewington Gordon Harney Moncur Watt Sembie-Ferris Marriott

There is no word on a pitch inspection, overnight temperatures may have a bearing on conditions and if Colchester approach the match with great Fortitude there are unlikely to be any polar bears in west Yorkshire tomorrow!

Make no mistake the match will be difficult, the playing surface will be heavy and hard going, the opposition will be buoyed by their magnificent win at the Bridge; but we must look to secure some more of the 24 points still needed for league one safety.

Conditions will also be challenging, we have had snow and sub-zero temperatures all week in Durham, West Yorkshire has also seen seasonal weather.

Safe journey to all travelling U’s.

Enjoy the game, keep the faith.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Bantams to be outfoxed by Humes' super U's at Valley Parade on 13:38 - Jan 31 with 616 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Be interesting to see how the back four line up today. I think Wynter is the more obvious centre back but will he be 100% fit after illness? It's possible that Briggs might move across with Gordon slotting in at left back. If McEvoy goes straight into the side today it doesn't say much for Watt. Really hope we can get a result today, I think if we can go on a bit of a run then we'll grow in confidence and push on from there but at the moment it seems to one step forwards and then one step back.

Up the U's! I love it when we beat a Parkinson team, doubt we'll get him sacked this time though.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Bantams to be outfoxed by Humes' super U's at Valley Parade on 19:16 - Jan 31 with 590 viewsbwildered

Considering the circumstances re opponents recent victory and centre half replacement, this must conclude has one of the finest away points attained by the team in recent seasons .
Full credit to all .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024