Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
STH Forum 21:49 - Feb 26 with 514 viewsbwildered

Some notable notes from tonight's STH Forum .
The playing budget for 2010-11 was 3 m , the playing budget now is , 1.6 m and next season due to the success academy up to 2.1 m . You only get what you pay for in the Div team s at top have much larger budgets .Gate receipts where about 45% of that figure .
Academy plan has started to bare fruit earlier than expected with the introduction of players .
One months electric bill at WHCS was equal to season at Layer Rd .
RC would not say how much Sears was sold for, but said he would have gone for nothing at end of season .
If club got category one status academy would need more facilities and move from Florence Park.
Tony Humes was asked if he wanted the job, said it was the next part of his career in football.
Bonn has signed extension of his contract.

Tony Humes was asked if

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

STH Forum on 23:40 - Feb 26 with 491 viewsdurham_exile

bewildered - thank you some interesting facts and figures.
Was the forum well attended.

Considered opinion on Sears suggests £100K from ITFC for him.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

STH Forum on 12:55 - Feb 27 with 461 viewsDaniel

While RC wouldn't say how much Sears went for, he did confirm that it was not £100k.

The forum was well attended, it was the most I had seen at one. I was told that 150 had confirmed, and many more just turned up on the night.

One other point that I like to hear was that RC thinks the club is over the worst of the cuts it has had to make and the only way is up.

This post has been edited by an administrator
STH Forum on 17:36 - Feb 27 with 427 viewsbwildered

Additional notes.

I was one who attended on the night , has the date was changed quite recently and not sure on work commitment . Daniel is correct has most seen at Forum to date , over 200 + .
Jabo has had offers from other clubs but declined .
Questionnaire stated to RC that Sears and Wordworth were worth more, but the choice of walk away at the end of the season for nothing is the big factor at getting anything .
Wage cap goes up from 60% to 65% next season .
Wages was high in 2010 due to Lamberts six signings, and was left stuck with them when Bothroyd took charge after Lambert went AWOL ( get the impression RC learnt a lot during his reign ) .
Club sign youths at U9 level on rolling contracts up to U12 then 2 yr deals thereafter.
Defender Osbourne signed has need more experience in defence .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

STH Forum on 00:25 - Feb 28 with 403 viewsRSCOSWORTH

I do wonder why we have such a reluctance to disclose transfer fees.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024