Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The fat lady sings 08:18 - Mar 15 with 1839 viewsbwildered

The fat lady sings tracks from her latest album, Now that's what I call Relegation 2015.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

The fat lady sings on 08:55 - Mar 15 with 1824 viewsthrillseeker

I fear I will be purchasing that album if we do not get 3pts against Yeovil
The fat lady sings on 10:43 - Mar 15 with 1804 viewsBarsidepete

The fat lady sings on 08:55 - Mar 15 by thrillseeker

That's going to be an interesting night out at Brickie's this autumn as you play that on your smart mobile round our mates. I better bring a lot of money for voddy and pints that night.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

The fat lady sings on 11:06 - Mar 15 with 1798 viewsthrillseeker

The fat lady sings on 10:43 - Mar 15 by Barsidepete

That's going to be an interesting night out at Brickie's this autumn as you play that on your smart mobile round our mates. I better bring a lot of money for voddy and pints that night.

Your last paragraph would indicate you are coming over again. 2015 or 2016?
The fat lady sings on 11:17 - Mar 15 with 1796 viewsBarsidepete

The fat lady sings on 11:06 - Mar 15 by thrillseeker

Your last paragraph would indicate you are coming over again. 2015 or 2016?

Yea, I could use a hols ... Generally the U's win when I attend so I'm looking at Oct/Nov. But news as it develops. And the company of friends ain't too bad either even if that does mean a Sunday in the Smoke with Happy and Des

The fat lady sings on 20:33 - Mar 15 with 1760 viewsdurham_exile

Is that Adele?

Durham_exile

The fat lady sings on 21:45 - Mar 15 with 1744 viewsBarsidepete

The fat lady sings on 20:33 - Mar 15 by durham_exile

Is that Adele?

Oh be nice. Adele has talent and a sweet voice. She can hang out with me anytime

The fat lady sings on 23:00 - Mar 15 with 1726 viewsmfb_cufc

If anybody is interested in making 12% interest on their money, you can back us to be relegated at 1/8. A win win situation, because if you lose the bet, at least we will still be in Division Three next season.

mfb

The fat lady sings on 00:11 - Mar 16 with 1720 viewsBarsidepete

The fat lady sings on 23:00 - Mar 15 by mfb_cufc

If anybody is interested in making 12% interest on their money, you can back us to be relegated at 1/8. A win win situation, because if you lose the bet, at least we will still be in Division Three next season.

You have too much time on your hands. I'd never put money on The U's to lose. Hence my form in Daniel's PL has been atrocious. I can't pick em to lose. And you taught me, stay away from the draws.

But go on then. Let us know how that worked for you.

You seriously putting dosh on this punt?
[Post edited 16 Mar 2015 0:13]

Login to get fewer ads

The fat lady sings on 10:59 - Mar 16 with 1691 viewsdurham_exile

The fat lady sings on 00:11 - Mar 16 by Barsidepete

You have too much time on your hands. I'd never put money on The U's to lose. Hence my form in Daniel's PL has been atrocious. I can't pick em to lose. And you taught me, stay away from the draws.

Even TH has put a pony on that punt!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

The fat lady sings on 21:49 - Mar 16 with 1660 viewsmfb_cufc

The fat lady sings on 00:11 - Mar 16 by Barsidepete

I always bet with my head and not my heart, Pete. Even though I think it is now inevitable we will be relegated, I wouldn't be risking money at 1/8 myself.

mfb

The fat lady sings on 23:51 - Mar 16 with 1648 viewsBarsidepete

The fat lady sings on 21:49 - Mar 16 by mfb_cufc

I always bet with my head and not my heart, Pete. Even though I think it is now inevitable we will be relegated, I wouldn't be risking money at 1/8 myself.

Hope this is not a case of ships passing in the night where Wycombe and Southend both go up.

That would be insult to injury.

Not that anyone in those locales can actually read this, if they do, to feed their joy. But perhaps they have a friend who does.

The fat lady sings on 21:50 - Mar 17 with 1614 viewsthrillseeker

The fat lady sings on 08:55 - Mar 15 by thrillseeker

Delayed my purchase for a couple of days
The fat lady sings on 21:25 - Mar 18 with 1568 viewsmfb_cufc

After last night our odds have now shortened to 1/5. Other odds to be relegated:- Yeovil 1/50 Crawley 2/5 Crewe 1/1 Leyton Orient 7/4 Coventry 2/1 Notts County 11/4. The value bet there for me is Notts County. They are in free fall, and if we had beaten them at home recently we would have been above them now.

mfb

The fat lady sings on 01:47 - Mar 19 with 1548 viewsBarsidepete

The fat lady sings on 21:25 - Mar 18 by mfb_cufc

After last night our odds have now shortened to 1/5. Other odds to be relegated:- Yeovil 1/50 Crawley 2/5 Crewe 1/1 Leyton Orient 7/4 Coventry 2/1 Notts County 11/4. The value bet there for me is Notts County. They are in free fall, and if we had beaten them at home recently we would have been above them now.

Millwall, Blackpool and Wigan, underachievers. That won't make Lg 1 better. Rather Have ...
Plymouth
Pompey
Dag & Red
Saffend
Wimbledon
Oxford Utd
... and even Barnet, Grimsby and Bristol Rovers here. That's crowds here and there and some relevant passion.

The fat lady sings on 10:07 - Mar 21 with 1491 viewsnoah4x4

I agree Pete; also;

a) Chance of a ‘clean start’. The lowering of fan aspirations etc.

Being realistic, it is tough for the U's to compete with Financial Fair Play in Division One.

b) Almost certainly higher gates. So we might agains start to compete.

If we start to win regularly again, frankly, I can see our home fan gates rising despite relegation. After all, our gates can’t get much worse. Even more likely is a significant rise in away fan attendances. Surely the North Stand will open more regularly if playing (say) Barnet; Bristol Rovers; Oxford; Cambridge; Daggers; Portsmouth; Plymouth; Stevenage; Luton; Southend; Wycome; Crawley and Leyton Orient. Division Two next year looks ever more like a Southern exclusive division.

I personally DON’T want relegation to happen; but think it will be far from a disaster except for our Northern Exile friends travel plans; but we southern softies have been doing all the fortnightly travelling to the frozen north for some years. It would be good to get some respite from the A1/M2. Gillingham today means we will be back into our own local pub celebrating a U’s away victory before closing time!
The fat lady sings on 13:05 - Mar 21 with 1472 viewsBarsidepete

The fat lady sings on 10:07 - Mar 21 by noah4x4

I agree Pete; also;

a) Chance of a ‘clean start’. The lowering of fan aspirations etc.

Being realistic, it is tough for the U's to compete with Financial Fair Play in Division One.

b) Almost certainly higher gates. So we might agains start to compete.

If we start to win regularly again, frankly, I can see our home fan gates rising despite relegation. After all, our gates can’t get much worse. Even more likely is a significant rise in away fan attendances. Surely the North Stand will open more regularly if playing (say) Barnet; Bristol Rovers; Oxford; Cambridge; Daggers; Portsmouth; Plymouth; Stevenage; Luton; Southend; Wycome; Crawley and Leyton Orient. Division Two next year looks ever more like a Southern exclusive division.

I personally DON’T want relegation to happen; but think it will be far from a disaster except for our Northern Exile friends travel plans; but we southern softies have been doing all the fortnightly travelling to the frozen north for some years. It would be good to get some respite from the A1/M2. Gillingham today means we will be back into our own local pub celebrating a U’s away victory before closing time!

I don't want relegation to happen either. Why would any of us?

But the group of clubs who may be in the 2015/16 window, I'm actually quite delighted. The half-glass-is-full-minded.

And the novelty of visiting what is truly a beautiful little stad, The Weston Homes Community Stadium, away fans will come, and yup, Noah. The North stand will open up because besides the footy, Colchester is a great day out. *if only there would be a couple more food cars outside, haha:p

My bad about Burton. They are certainly going up. But it was written anecdotally. And Barnet too. Um, perhaps .Dumb spell check and such.

You realise Dag & Red v Shrimpers' gate, 1-3, was 3393?
Shrimpers v Wycombe, 2-2, 6204
AFC Wimbledon v Shrimpers, 0-0, 3658
Bury v Luton, 1-0, 2915
Luton v Morecambe, 2-3, 8667, yes that many. Digest that. Kenilworth Road has been renamed Prostate Cancer UK Stadium on behalf of the charity. How cool is that. Proppa footy fans, let's take the game back. Not about the money. The true love of the game. Why in the heck would I fly over and the exiles deal with train trips or annoying car drives.

Being a supporter of a Prem club, that's easy. But putting dosh where your footy bollox are, that is a fan.

There is Nothing Wrong with League 2. We just got 2300-ish because a lot of supporters are becoming ambivalent. We got around that many at Drake Uni in Des Moines, Iowa, where I graduated. That's college, not even pro. We win the fans will come. Field of Dreams, Kevin Costner. Build it, they will come (an Iowa reference as well). And, yes, that field exists. The WHCS is just a baby so far. Just wait till we're back in the Championship

The fat lady has too much time on her hands chewing on bangers and mash and mushy peas.

Optimistic Pete
[Post edited 23 Mar 2015 16:21]

The fat lady sings on 12:01 - Mar 23 with 1416 viewsmfb_cufc

Staying up has been made that bit harder now. Notts County have just sacked their manager.

mfb

The fat lady sings on 15:44 - Mar 23 with 1399 viewsBarsidepete

The fat lady sings on 12:01 - Mar 23 by mfb_cufc

Staying up has been made that bit harder now. Notts County have just sacked their manager.

You mean the "sacked manager bump?"

Still comes down to the certainty The U's must take care of their own business.

I remain of mind that it's Crewe, Crawley and Sky Blues who will determine the fate.

Oh, and to begin, Port Vale, who don't have a whole lot to play for, when you think about. They're not safe but may feel lackadaisical.
More concerned about Barnsley on Monday 6 April. A playoff position could drive their ambition above and beyond more than I had imagined a handful of weeks ago.
And then, of course, the vital trip to Coventry.

One step at a time
[Post edited 23 Mar 2015 15:49]

The fat lady sings on 18:40 - Apr 18 with 1320 viewsthrillseeker

She sure is getting louder

HUMES OUT
The fat lady sings on 18:52 - May 2 with 1155 viewsbwildered

Might be in the shops by Sunday, the full compilation has not be particularly convincing, but there has been hints she could have one left in the locker .
So will it be the X - factor or the Voice ?

So hold on to your seats everyone, let's all be in the backing line up and hope the fat lady can blast one last belter.

The fat lady sings on 16:51 - May 3 with 1049 viewsbwildered

The fat lady sings on 18:52 - May 2 by bwildered

Might be in the shops by Sunday, the full compilation has not be particularly convincing, but there has been hints she could have one left in the locker .
So will it be the X - factor or the Voice ?

So hold on to your seats everyone, let's all be in the backing line up and hope the fat lady can blast one last belter.

The blackbird in the back garden could not have sung so sweet .

The fat lady sings on 10:06 - May 5 with 981 viewsthrillseeker

The purchase as been put on hold

I hope the lessons of the last 3 seasons have been learnt and we now progress.

I am still not convinced by Tony Humes but time will tell whether I am being harsh

Roll on August 2015
The fat lady sings on 13:05 - May 5 with 958 viewsBarsidepete

The fat lady sings on 10:06 - May 5 by thrillseeker

The purchase as been put on hold

I hope the lessons of the last 3 seasons have been learnt and we now progress.

I am still not convinced by Tony Humes but time will tell whether I am being harsh

Roll on August 2015

I'll pipe it myself for the time being.

But a very very short leash. TH mucks this up in tbe first half 15/16 then OUT before Boxing Day.

I wouldn't be disappointed with around mid-table and hope left for the playoffs into the final month. But this gut-wrenching battle at the bottom of the table year after year, that's gotta stop.

The fat lady sings on 16:18 - May 5 with 934 viewsburnsieespana

If we are mid table next year we will be really bored having now had 3 year's of fighing against relegation preceeded by two year's on the edge of the playoffs.
Who said football is boring but being a Col U fan is certainly not good for the heart or nerves!
Seriously well done to Tony Humes and the players who kept us in Div 1 for another season and if the management team can get a few more players of the calibre of Porter in combined with our youngsters we could have a really good season and upset the bookies who will no doubt have us down for certain relagation again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024