Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Help 15:12 - Mar 18 with 1332 viewsthegov10

Looking for Colchester United bedroom wallpaper anyone know where I can get it PLS
Help on 15:54 - Mar 18 with 1327 viewsdurham_exile

thegov10 - the Colchester club shop sells curtains tie backs and so forth but I don't believe they sell blue and white stripe wallpaper.

However:

Fine Décor Decorline Carousel Wallpaper DL21149 Blue and White Stripe is sold by flowers4homes - the flower shop West Bromwich West Midlands

Telephone 0121 553 5373

They also sell on EBay.

Explain to them that there is more than one team that wears blue and white striped shirts!

Good luck.

Up the U's
[Post edited 18 Mar 2015 15:56]

Durham_exile

Help on 16:41 - Mar 18 with 1313 viewsgerry_us

Help on 15:54 - Mar 18 by durham_exile

thegov10 - the Colchester club shop sells curtains tie backs and so forth but I don't believe they sell blue and white stripe wallpaper.

However:

Fine Décor Decorline Carousel Wallpaper DL21149 Blue and White Stripe is sold by flowers4homes - the flower shop West Bromwich West Midlands

Telephone 0121 553 5373

They also sell on EBay.

Explain to them that there is more than one team that wears blue and white striped shirts!

Good luck.

Up the U's
[Post edited 18 Mar 2015 15:56]

I hope you are on a percentage!
Help on 18:44 - Mar 18 with 1296 viewsBarsidepete

Help on 16:41 - Mar 18 by gerry_us

I hope you are on a percentage!

I know, right?

This had me grab my little "The Observers Book of Association Football" .. second edition, 1974, not the first one, 1972. (This is defo a reference understood by the long in tooth only, likely

A tiny, what, a 2 and a half inch by 4 and a half inch pocket guide, laminated, published by Frederick Warne & Co Ltd, 192 pages -- another reference that the young'uns here won't understand .. gifted on a visit by a mate who is not a board member anymore, but was)

There massive stats and such, latest 1974, and the only section in colour is "League Clubs: Colour Guide."

Brighton & Hove Albion with the Blue and White stripes.
Chester
Colchester United (going by order, alphabetically) ... 1974,and still,.. not positive about all the kits these days.
Huddersfield Town
Sheffield Wednesday
West Bromwich Albion

The hoops blue and white then were QPR and Reading, and of course still are.

Have interesting info about ColU in it.
Not much, but some. Like about 1948 in the Southern League. Giant killers it says, in the FA Cup, knocking out Huddersfield Town , then Bradford "who had previously defeated Arsenal," then finally in the fifth round "falling to Blackpool."

Context, mates. Colchester is not a small club. The little engine that often shows that it can. And has.

Hope this helps this person who was asking. ..

A bit of a historian too. Shocking, I know.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2015 19:11]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Help on 22:43 - Mar 18 with 1265 viewspwrightsknees

Help on 18:44 - Mar 18 by Barsidepete

I know, right?

This had me grab my little "The Observers Book of Association Football" .. second edition, 1974, not the first one, 1972. (This is defo a reference understood by the long in tooth only, likely

A tiny, what, a 2 and a half inch by 4 and a half inch pocket guide, laminated, published by Frederick Warne & Co Ltd, 192 pages -- another reference that the young'uns here won't understand .. gifted on a visit by a mate who is not a board member anymore, but was)

There massive stats and such, latest 1974, and the only section in colour is "League Clubs: Colour Guide."

Brighton & Hove Albion with the Blue and White stripes.
Chester
Colchester United (going by order, alphabetically) ... 1974,and still,.. not positive about all the kits these days.
Huddersfield Town
Sheffield Wednesday
West Bromwich Albion

The hoops blue and white then were QPR and Reading, and of course still are.

Have interesting info about ColU in it.
Not much, but some. Like about 1948 in the Southern League. Giant killers it says, in the FA Cup, knocking out Huddersfield Town , then Bradford "who had previously defeated Arsenal," then finally in the fifth round "falling to Blackpool."

Context, mates. Colchester is not a small club. The little engine that often shows that it can. And has.

Hope this helps this person who was asking. ..

A bit of a historian too. Shocking, I know.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2015 19:11]

Somewhere in my loft, I have a scrapbook of press cuttings (mostly "Green 'Un") of the U's 1948 cup run which my Uncle put together at the time.
Help on 00:53 - Mar 19 with 1242 viewsBarsidepete

Help on 22:43 - Mar 18 by pwrightsknees

Somewhere in my loft, I have a scrapbook of press cuttings (mostly "Green 'Un") of the U's 1948 cup run which my Uncle put together at the time.

Absolutely knew you'd be the one to comment first. Was "this close" to mentioning you in the reply.

You ever find that, I'll pay the postage. Send that here. It's be in very good hands for life

Help on 02:59 - Mar 19 with 1236 viewsBarsidepete

Help on 00:53 - Mar 19 by Barsidepete

Absolutely knew you'd be the one to comment first. Was "this close" to mentioning you in the reply.

You ever find that, I'll pay the postage. Send that here. It's be in very good hands for life

As I said, yar, it's me. But not a talk about Leeds and the nearly v Chelsea back on the day. ColU is important and will be again. Great mates on here. But I get frustrated when the stick happens. That attendance the Wessie was eye watering, 2300 or summat. South end still gets 5-6000. That is just wrong. Luton.? Even? Better product, please.? No more excuses. Braintree will have more eventually. Me waiting for the first crowd with a number beginning with a one. Humes out and soon please. Alan from Braintree. Ambitious manager. Drives me mad. Mr. Cowling, please listen.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2015 3:10]

Help on 10:24 - Mar 19 with 1215 viewspwrightsknees

Help on 00:53 - Mar 19 by Barsidepete

Oh Dear, Chaps. Sorry that I'm so predictable. I'll try to ease up on the nostalgia posts. (6d for a tin of gramophone needles?)

As for your request, Pete, I'd be happy to dig the book out and pass it on to someone who I expect will appreciate it. I just hope that I can find it and that the mice haven't been at it. Unfortunately, the ageing process means that, these days, visits to the loft have to be a joint venture with Mrs PWK. But, at the moment, I'm afraid that she is a bit under the weather, so it may be a few weeks before we brave the jungle that is our loft. Don't let me forget, though.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2015 10:42]
Help on 10:50 - Mar 19 with 1208 viewspwrightsknees

Help on 10:24 - Mar 19 by pwrightsknees

Oh Dear, Chaps. Sorry that I'm so predictable. I'll try to ease up on the nostalgia posts. (6d for a tin of gramophone needles?)

As for your request, Pete, I'd be happy to dig the book out and pass it on to someone who I expect will appreciate it. I just hope that I can find it and that the mice haven't been at it. Unfortunately, the ageing process means that, these days, visits to the loft have to be a joint venture with Mrs PWK. But, at the moment, I'm afraid that she is a bit under the weather, so it may be a few weeks before we brave the jungle that is our loft. Don't let me forget, though.

In my last post, I used a word for humorous effect which I then realised could be considered racist, although that was absolutely not my intention. I have immediately removed the word. I am not a racist and hereby offer unreserved apologies for anyone who may have read the post in the few minutes before I edited the word out.
Login to get fewer ads

Help on 13:23 - Mar 19 with 1198 viewsBarsidepete

Help on 10:50 - Mar 19 by pwrightsknees

In my last post, I used a word for humorous effect which I then realised could be considered racist, although that was absolutely not my intention. I have immediately removed the word. I am not a racist and hereby offer unreserved apologies for anyone who may have read the post in the few minutes before I edited the word out.

I love your nostalgia posts. Reflecting can help ease the present and frankly educates others about the U's.

All good, otherwise.

Hope Mrs PWK gets better soon. Something going around , I've noticed.

Help on 14:23 - Mar 19 with 1191 viewsBarsidepete

Help on 10:24 - Mar 19 by pwrightsknees

Positively won't. Take your time and best positive wishes to the Mrs PWK.

Will inbox you in a few days. Own junk going on as you may have read.

Onward.

Ho hum. "Green Un" fab reference. Can't wait for that. Will treasure it.

[Post edited 19 Mar 2015 15:01]

Help on 15:13 - Mar 19 with 1180 viewsBarsidepete

PM sent. Why didn't you let us know bout yr Mrs? We'd be all over annoying you via posts, texts, emails, whatever.

We have a lot more time on our hands away from ColU issues

Help on 15:44 - Mar 19 with 1174 viewspwrightsknees

Mrs. PWK says thanks for the good wishes. Thanks from me, too.
Help on 16:20 - Mar 19 with 1170 viewsBarsidepete

Help on 15:44 - Mar 19 by pwrightsknees

Mrs. PWK says thanks for the good wishes. Thanks from me, too.

People should know who you are, but whatever.

Get in there tty soon.

edit: feel like this becoming the old Reading board ... that's eons ago, that reference. Reddin Reddin, we'll kick your fkin head in chant. Does anyone know of what I speak? Well done in the FA Cup, Royals. Make us old timers proud.

And Up the U's. Stripes better n hoops. Happy should weigh in, one of our legends who doesn't talk much about his playing days. Thot a book was forthcoming.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2015 16:57]

Help on 17:36 - Mar 19 with 1156 viewsdurham_exile

pwrightsknees - I read it and was not offended at all, it took me back to the Raj!

Indian Summers and all that on TV at present.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Help on 17:50 - Mar 19 with 1154 viewsthegov10

Ty will look into that cheers
Help on 18:03 - Mar 19 with 1151 viewsBarsidepete

Help on 17:50 - Mar 19 by thegov10

Ty will look into that cheers

Thank you Gov. You will be a major asset. Get in there, and again, thank you. Give us some insight and how we can get our club in a better frame.

Help on 18:20 - Mar 19 with 1148 viewspwrightsknees

Help on 17:36 - Mar 19 by durham_exile

pwrightsknees - I read it and was not offended at all, it took me back to the Raj!

Indian Summers and all that on TV at present.

Up the U's

Thanks Durham. I've spent an uncomfortable few hours.

Up the U's and Kick Racism Out
Help on 18:48 - Mar 19 with 1140 viewsBarsidepete

Help on 18:20 - Mar 19 by pwrightsknees

Thanks Durham. I've spent an uncomfortable few hours.

Up the U's and Kick Racism Out

Well off course . You've been one of the biggest proponent of that, pwk, onward, peeps;) .. Look it up if you know who our legend is, who posts now and then. Mate is massive.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2015 18:52]

Help on 19:49 - Mar 19 with 1128 viewswessex_exile

No worries PWK, I missed the original, but you can be assured whatever it was I would never consider you a racist anyway...

...however, you are the poster formerly known as Old Phart and I claim my £5

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Help on 20:00 - Mar 19 with 1124 viewsBarsidepete

Help on 19:49 - Mar 19 by wessex_exile

No worries PWK, I missed the original, but you can be assured whatever it was I would never consider you a racist anyway...

You made my point, he a racist? He is never and has been .., just went silly on a word. But know how he got it. We all have days and his gal has been sickly. There is nuttin wrong with opinions. I know where he came from. He was apologic instantly. He is a terrfic bloke,

Old phart, you actually remember that? Let's see who remembers our usernames from what, way back in day, three boards ago?
[Post edited 19 Mar 2015 20:07]

Help on 20:01 - Mar 19 with 1123 viewspwrightsknees

Help on 19:49 - Mar 19 by wessex_exile

Thanks for the kind and reassuring words, Wessex. But no! I've never been anything but PWK. You sound as if you may remember Lobby Lud, trying to claim your £5. That'll confuse the youngsters!
Help on 20:11 - Mar 19 with 1119 viewsBarsidepete

Help on 20:01 - Mar 19 by pwrightsknees

Thanks for the kind and reassuring words, Wessex. But no! I've never been anything but PWK. You sound as if you may remember Lobby Lud, trying to claim your £5. That'll confuse the youngsters!

This site is becoming even more fun. We know who we are. Now back on point. Up the U's:P

Help on 11:47 - Mar 21 with 1074 viewsthegov10

Tyvm for helping just ordered it my boy gonna be very happy now
I just need to find a big crest now anymore ideas on that PLS
Help on 12:06 - Mar 21 with 1070 viewsBarsidepete

Old Phart, wasn't that Dale? who lives in Clacton-on-Sea?

Help on 12:09 - Mar 21 with 1069 viewsBarsidepete

Help on 11:47 - Mar 21 by thegov10

Tyvm for helping just ordered it my boy gonna be very happy now
I just need to find a big crest now anymore ideas on that PLS

Certainly at the WHCS shop or online, http://www.cufcretail.com/cgi-bin/live/ecommerce.pl?site=theclubshop_cufc&state= ..

edit: oh by the way, just download a photo and have it made into a huge one at one of those copy shops, whatever they're called.

Getting a badge, lots of ways to do that. There is that company that does oversized wall logos. Go online, mate. The info is there:) Sounds like your kiddo is worth the extra few minutes. Be nice to add more fans for life
[Post edited 21 Mar 2015 12:46]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024