Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U's look for Divine intervention at the Priestfield on Saturday 19:05 - Mar 20 with 812 viewsdurham_exile

There will be plenty of star gazing for the U's this weekend. TH will be keen to eclipse Tuesday's win with a valuable away win at the Priestfield tomorrow.

New favourites Jacob Murphy and Bongani Khumalo will look to impress again for Colchester against the Gills on Saturday.

Still requiring 5 wins from 9 matches to be safe, Colchester will view the Gills as eminently beatable and TH will be keen to achieve something almost as rare as a partial eclipse - back to back Colchester victories!

The news that the Swindon Town home game has been moved because of International call ups for 5 of the Robins' players means a hectic final week to the season with 9 points up for grabs.

The table still looks bleak but a rare mid week home victory against the Glovers has restored some much needed confidence.

With the Glovers now doomed to consecutive relegations, it looks like any 3 from 7 for the drop. The U's still have 27 points to play for and momentum will be key following the invaluable 3 points against Yeovil.

Scunny 35 -6 43
Coventry 37 -9 43
Notts C 36 -10 42
Crewe 37 -32 42
Crawley 37 -22 40
Orient 36 -5 39
COLCHESTER 37 -17 37
Yeovil 38 -30 33

TH has the return of Szmodics and Lapslie to further buoy the squad.

He will not want to lose again this weekend and it will be a feisty "local" derby Essex v Kent at the Priestfield.

Formation likely to be 4,5,1

Walker

Hewitt Khumalo Eastman Briggs

Massey Gilbey Fox Lapslie Murphy

Porter

Subs:

Lewington Lawrence Wynter Moncur Bonne Sembie-Ferris Szmodics

The faithful will be present in some number (600) to cheer on their heroes.

Safe journey to all travelling supporters.

Keep the faith.

Enjoy the game.

Up the resurgent U's

Durham_exile

U's look for Divine intervention at the Priestfield on Saturday on 02:27 - Mar 21 with 765 viewsBarsidepete

Looking at a 1-2, Pete. But a draw will do. This one is not doom and gloom.

But please a draw at minimum.

This one isn't a term-changer. Those arrive on our doorsteps in coming weeks. One point, pretty please, if not 3:)

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

U's look for Divine intervention at the Priestfield on Saturday on 08:54 - Mar 21 with 749 viewsdurham_exile

U's look for Divine intervention at the Priestfield on Saturday on 02:27 - Mar 21 by Barsidepete

Looking at a 1-2, Pete. But a draw will do. This one is not doom and gloom.

But please a draw at minimum.

This one isn't a term-changer. Those arrive on our doorsteps in coming weeks. One point, pretty please, if not 3:)

Pete, the reason that three points is important today is the psychological importance of reaching 40 points with 8 games still to play.

It also keeps the momentum going and records back to back wins.

Looking at the table we must close the gap not allow it to be extended.

Up the resurgent U's

Durham_exile

U's look for Divine intervention at the Priestfield on Saturday on 16:00 - Mar 21 with 717 viewsBarsidepete

nil-nil HT. Not bovvered.

One point, fine. Let's hang on to the knee. The frustrating games are coming up. Today, let's make a difference and prosper:)

U's look for Divine intervention at the Priestfield on Saturday on 16:18 - Mar 21 with 711 viewsgerry_us

U's look for Divine intervention at the Priestfield on Saturday on 16:00 - Mar 21 by Barsidepete

nil-nil HT. Not bovvered.

One point, fine. Let's hang on to the knee. The frustrating games are coming up. Today, let's make a difference and prosper:)

So you are assuming we will pick up the necessary points at home Pete? Mmmm. More likely our away performance will save us yet.
U's look for Divine intervention at the Priestfield on Saturday on 16:22 - Mar 21 with 710 viewsBarsidepete

U's look for Divine intervention at the Priestfield on Saturday on 16:18 - Mar 21 by gerry_us

So you are assuming we will pick up the necessary points at home Pete? Mmmm. More likely our away performance will save us yet.

Very funny. You and your post always cheer me up.We do have illogical hope, don't we

0-0 at 60. Just a point today, please. This was not a banker for even 1.

Up the U's. Ho hum.

U's look for Divine intervention at the Priestfield on Saturday on 16:29 - Mar 21 with 706 viewsgerry_us

U's look for Divine intervention at the Priestfield on Saturday on 16:22 - Mar 21 by Barsidepete

Very funny. You and your post always cheer me up.We do have illogical hope, don't we

0-0 at 60. Just a point today, please. This was not a banker for even 1.

Up the U's. Ho hum.

Just listen to me Pete. U's 1-0 up.
And now Notts County are losing.
Hopefully cheer you up mate.
U's look for Divine intervention at the Priestfield on Saturday on 16:35 - Mar 21 with 700 viewsBarsidepete

U's look for Divine intervention at the Priestfield on Saturday on 16:29 - Mar 21 by gerry_us

You always do. Thank you and other peeps.

Up the ambitious U's. Mr Cowling is doing best he can. I have complete faith.

Chewing nails listening

U's look for Divine intervention at the Priestfield on Saturday on 16:35 - Mar 21 with 699 viewsgerry_us

U's look for Divine intervention at the Priestfield on Saturday on 16:29 - Mar 21 by gerry_us

Now Crewe are losing. ..
Login to get fewer ads

U's look for Divine intervention at the Priestfield on Saturday on 16:37 - Mar 21 with 698 viewswessex_exile

U's look for Divine intervention at the Priestfield on Saturday on 16:35 - Mar 21 by gerry_us

Now Crewe are losing. ..

I know it would cost us a place on GD, but could possibly do with Orient getting an equaliser at Crawley?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

U's look for Divine intervention at the Priestfield on Saturday on 16:40 - Mar 21 with 697 viewswessex_exile

Crap - come on U's, done it once, do it again!!!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

U's look for Divine intervention at the Priestfield on Saturday on 16:47 - Mar 21 with 692 viewsgerry_us

U's look for Divine intervention at the Priestfield on Saturday on 16:40 - Mar 21 by wessex_exile

Crap - come on U's, done it once, do it again!!!

Easy easy . Park the bus now.
U's look for Divine intervention at the Priestfield on Saturday on 17:03 - Mar 21 with 686 viewsdurham_exile

U's look for Divine intervention at the Priestfield on Saturday on 16:47 - Mar 21 by gerry_us

Easy easy . Park the bus now.

Gerry only a single decker sadly - 2-2 FT

We now have to win at Port Vale and Coventry!

Up the U's

Other results went for us though which was good.

Durham_exile

U's look for Divine intervention at the Priestfield on Saturday on 17:17 - Mar 21 with 680 viewsBarsidepete

U's look for Divine intervention at the Priestfield on Saturday on 17:03 - Mar 21 by durham_exile

Gerry only a single decker sadly - 2-2 FT

We now have to win at Port Vale and Coventry!

Up the U's

Other results went for us though which was good.

That's what I been saying for many weeks. We can't stop the bleeding and felt A
Sky Blues would be the actual turning point. Happy actually with a point today. Didn't even honestly believe a point. Cynics, get over yourself:p

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024