Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football Supporters' Federation "Twenty's Plenty" campaign 20:43 - Mar 26 with 393 viewsBarsidepete

That's for Prem away fans. But what about League 1 and such? Something that standardizes costs as the expense of travel and accommodations is so prohibitive to begin with?

The TV deal which is freakishly large for the Premier League, you'd think something could be returned as a goodwill gesture to away supporters who also are highly likely to spend on kits and memorabilia back at their home grounds and otherwise. And if we got more away fans next season to visit, wouldn't they help the local economy?

And why doesn't the TV deal help the lower divisions? This is even before new contracts are inked in overseas markets. The MLS has has signed a pretty decent new deal and that has raised the minimum wage of players here.

We get every single Prem game on the teley here. Every one on an assortment of channels. I sometimes tune in to the one or two Championship games on beIN sports. We get not one D1 or D2 game but that's beside the point.

Why not, for instance, have free Cola and burger or sausage Tuesday nights, those awful lowly attended games at the WHCS and this might attract a parent or parents and their kiddo (or kids, as it were)? New fans, youngsters.

Means the U's who cannot really afford to lower the ticket prices, some incentive by other means.

Who, please, is looking out for the interests of clubs like Colchester? FFP rules, bollox that. I'll say it again, I believe Mr Cowling is doing the best he can. The Football Association, it would be nice if they step in.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Football Supporters' Federation "Twenty's Plenty" campaign on 18:31 - Mar 27 with 349 viewsbwildered

Peter Scudamore CE , of the Premier League has promised 50m for the next three seasons from the current 5bn ( rising to 8bn from overseas rights ) to the Football League , Conference and parachute payments. At present nobody is sure how this will be re-distributed , whatever the outcome, a lifeline to most clubs.
The FFP is also to keep clubs out of administration.
Unfortunately the fittest will survive in football, inevitably insure their own wellbeing first, and will pull the financial purse strings for the others .
Supporters, who are they ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Football Supporters' Federation "Twenty's Plenty" campaign on 22:45 - Mar 27 with 337 viewsBarsidepete

Great insight , BW..

Who the supporters are, you ask, that's The "Supporters" .. this is the site, broad minded... http://www.fsf.org.uk/

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024