Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loan'ees or true blue U's players? 11:52 - Mar 27 with 628 viewsgerry_us

I fail to see us getting out of this mess with a team overloaded with loan players who really cannot be fully committed to the cause of keeping us in Div. 1. Sure, some may see the possible opportunity of getting a contract but others know they are only here until the end of the season and will return to the relative safety of their parent club in May.

TH must know well enough the capability of all his youngsters and if it means filling the team with U's registered players and the balance from the youth squad, then we could live or die from within our own club; I am sure the commitment would be higher if we took this step.

Question. How many loan'ees will be in the team for our next match?
Answer. Too many.
Loan'ees or true blue U's players? on 13:03 - Mar 27 with 614 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Loanee's played a massive part in getting us into the Championship and they've also been important in keeping us in this division in the past. I understand what you're saying but I personally have no problem with loanee's pulling on the blue and white stripes as long as they're giving 100% when they do. I would've liked to have seen a few more experienced players come in on loan this season as I think that would've really helped our already very young squad.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Loan'ees or true blue U's players? on 18:04 - Mar 27 with 590 viewsLeadbelly

Some of the loan players have been good signings others have been dreadful. I'd prefer more of the former!

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Loan'ees or true blue U's players? on 20:20 - Mar 27 with 581 viewswessex_exile

I don't have any reason to doubt that whether contracted player or loanee, everyone who pulls on the shirt plays to the best of their ability - in fact, I'd even go so far as to say that loanees (i.e. those with less likelihood to have personal gripes with the club, manager etc., and who possibly see themselves either in a position to prove their worth to their parent club, or even 'in the shop window') probably ought to put more into their performance?

Still, like it or not, it's a feature of the modern game in the lower leagues which isn't going away fast (at all?), so guess we just have to get used to it?

edit: and P.S., there's precious little 'loyalty' in football these days anyway...
[Post edited 27 Mar 2015 20:21]

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Loan'ees or true blue U's players? on 23:28 - Mar 27 with 559 viewsdurham_exile

Loan'ees or true blue U's players? on 20:20 - Mar 27 by wessex_exile

I don't have any reason to doubt that whether contracted player or loanee, everyone who pulls on the shirt plays to the best of their ability - in fact, I'd even go so far as to say that loanees (i.e. those with less likelihood to have personal gripes with the club, manager etc., and who possibly see themselves either in a position to prove their worth to their parent club, or even 'in the shop window') probably ought to put more into their performance?

Still, like it or not, it's a feature of the modern game in the lower leagues which isn't going away fast (at all?), so guess we just have to get used to it?

edit: and P.S., there's precious little 'loyalty' in football these days anyway...
[Post edited 27 Mar 2015 20:21]

Well said Wessex.

Ultimately the XI starters plus subs who pull on the famous shirt for the remaining 8 cup finals will either become heroes or villains.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Loan'ees or true blue U's players? on 00:12 - Mar 28 with 557 viewsBarsidepete

Loan'ees or true blue U's players? on 23:28 - Mar 27 by durham_exile

Well said Wessex.

Ultimately the XI starters plus subs who pull on the famous shirt for the remaining 8 cup finals will either become heroes or villains.

Up the U's

Why would they not want to perform well on loan? That's their career too. Perhaps we have a gaffer with a hammer who decided they were too much mopers and didn't deserve a starting spot. This will defo play itself out.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024