Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cu in their element against Fe at WHCS today! 10:33 - Apr 18 with 704 viewsdurham_exile

Periodically (looking at the table) the U's lose 6-0 and then win their next game; now I'm not particularly superstitious, but we cannot afford anything but maximum points against Scunny today.

The U's have had 3 days to put the nightmare of Tuesday behind them. TH in his fledgling first team career will have had no more difficult weeks. He will have been working on defending set pieces and motivational skills to produce the goals to win the game, but simply pinning a copy of the league one table on the changing room door will have put things into perfect focus for his shell shocked charges.

An almost safe Iron (51 points) arrive today for this epic encounter. Nothing but a win will do for the U's. We have four games to play and three are at home.

David Fox is looking to return to the team, Sam Walker faces a fitness test.

The forgotten player Sanchez Watt could yet play a part in the final reckoning, whatever TH decides he must inspire, cajole, motivate and ensure that his players achieve the results that we need.

Make no mistake, defeat and it is all over - 3 points and we are right back in the mix. Time for everyone to stand up and be counted.

I do not want to see a failure as a result of an error strewn game. The players must perform and know that they are all in the shop window for next season and league one will give them a better chance career wise than the oblivion of league two. Sorry but that is the way that it is. Simple as.

If Sam is fit he will play otherwise young Chris Lewington will continue in goal.

4, 3, 3 has to be the formation and the U's must be fired up to strike early against the Iron. In what will be a white hot, charged atmosphere, the U's must forge ahead to achieve the vital victory in the furnace and cauldron that will be the Weston Homes Community Stadium.

Walker

Brindley Khumalo Eastman Briggs

Gilbey Moncur Lapslie

Massey Porter Murphy

Subs:

Lewington Wynter Harney Sembie-Ferris Bonne Szmodics Healey

These are the players, the nucleus of what TH has pinned his hopes on for the last few games. A minimum of 9 points are required to avoid the drop.

Weather is set fair, if a little cooler than of late. The pitch should be good.

The players must be fully focussed. They must show the commitment that they produced against Bristol City and must achieve the results that they recently achieved against Yeovil, Barnsley and Port Vale.

Keep the faith.

Believe.

Up the Super U's

Durham_exile

Cu in their element against Fe at WHCS today! on 13:01 - Apr 18 with 679 viewsbwildered

Great header d_e .

Need a big reaction from this mixture due to not having beaten Scunny in our last ten meetings .
So we need some Pryex-technics to come away with a better solution than the previous chemistry lessons, if not down the plug hole we will be going.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Cu in their element against Fe at WHCS today! on 15:35 - Apr 18 with 663 viewswessex_exile

Fox playing instead of Lapslie, U's 1-0 down already :-(

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Cu in their element against Fe at WHCS today! on 16:02 - Apr 18 with 659 viewsdurham_exile

Cu in their element against Fe at WHCS today! on 15:35 - Apr 18 by wessex_exile

Fox playing instead of Lapslie, U's 1-0 down already :-(

45 minutes for League One survival.

Must go another attacker Healey or Bonne for second half.

No messing about - win or bust.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Cu in their element against Fe at WHCS today! on 16:13 - Apr 18 with 655 viewsdurham_exile

Cu in their element against Fe at WHCS today! on 16:02 - Apr 18 by durham_exile

45 minutes for League One survival.

Must go another attacker Healey or Bonne for second half.

No messing about - win or bust.

Up the U's

Attendance 4,551

Come on COL U

Durham_exile

Cu in their element against Fe at WHCS today! on 16:41 - Apr 18 with 650 viewsgerry_us

Cu in their element against Fe at WHCS today! on 16:13 - Apr 18 by durham_exile

Attendance 4,551

Come on COL U

Got one back, just need another.
Cu in their element against Fe at WHCS today! on 16:45 - Apr 18 with 647 viewsgerry_us

Cu in their element against Fe at WHCS today! on 16:41 - Apr 18 by gerry_us

...and another one. Isn't this grand being a U's supporter, excitement till the end.
Cu in their element against Fe at WHCS today! on 16:45 - Apr 18 with 647 viewsdurham_exile

Cu in their element against Fe at WHCS today! on 16:41 - Apr 18 by gerry_us

Chris Porter 2-1

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Cu in their element against Fe at WHCS today! on 16:52 - Apr 18 with 643 viewsgerry_us

Cu in their element against Fe at WHCS today! on 16:45 - Apr 18 by durham_exile

Chris Porter 2-1

Come on the U's

Ahhhhhh. A draw out of the jaws of victory.
Login to get fewer ads

Cu in their element against Fe at WHCS today! on 16:53 - Apr 18 with 643 viewsdurham_exile

Cu in their element against Fe at WHCS today! on 16:45 - Apr 18 by durham_exile

Chris Porter 2-1

Come on the U's

A deflected cross and 92nd minute equaliser for the Iron.

Looks like three wins from three needed.

See you at Fleetwood.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Cu in their element against Fe at WHCS today! on 17:08 - Apr 18 with 633 viewsBarsidepete

Shame about the late equalizer.

But wow, what the Dons did to Orient, 6-1, not that their GD still isn't pretty darned good, but now in the drop zone with us.

Fleetwood will have nothing at stake. Nor Swindon (at least I think so). It appears that sadly PNE may have everything to play for season's end. I was so hoping that would not be the case, the Lilywhites with a win determining automatically up or playoffs *big sigh*

I suspect that PNE here will be the highest attendance of the season at Cuckoo Farm for dual reasons.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2015 17:10]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Cu in their element against Fe at WHCS today! on 17:23 - Apr 18 with 625 viewsdurham_exile

Cu in their element against Fe at WHCS today! on 17:08 - Apr 18 by Barsidepete

Shame about the late equalizer.

But wow, what the Dons did to Orient, 6-1, not that their GD still isn't pretty darned good, but now in the drop zone with us.

Fleetwood will have nothing at stake. Nor Swindon (at least I think so). It appears that sadly PNE may have everything to play for season's end. I was so hoping that would not be the case, the Lilywhites with a win determining automatically up or playoffs *big sigh*

I suspect that PNE here will be the highest attendance of the season at Cuckoo Farm for dual reasons.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2015 17:10]

Pete - your reading of the situation is spot on.

Of course we now have to win against the Cod Army and the Robins to set up a tantalising 10,000 capacity crowd against PNE.

A COL U win will deny them automatic promotion on the last Sunday.

Can we do it - allowing Gillingham and Scunny to equalise in stoppage time has cost 4 valuable points but it is the 12 home defeats that ultimately have cost us and our very survival hangs by a thread.

Vital games:

25 Apr

Coventry v Crewe
Fleetwood v COL U
Orient v Sheff Utd
Notts Co v Doncaster
Peterbore v Crawley

28 Apr

COL U v Swindon

3 May

COL U v PNE
Crawley v Coventry
Crewe v Bradford
Gills v Notts Co
Swindon v Orient

Not for persons of a nervous disposition.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Cu in their element against Fe at WHCS today! on 17:31 - Apr 18 with 623 viewsbwildered

Cruel deflection with Briggs putting out a foot to stop the cross with the ball looping up and over Walker to rest in the back post. No goalie would have stopped either goal conceded .

Sorry guys
Just about did enough to get back in this game but never enough to win it , and that also goes for L1 status .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Cu in their element against Fe at WHCS today! on 18:14 - Apr 18 with 607 viewsBarsidepete

Cu in their element against Fe at WHCS today! on 17:31 - Apr 18 by bwildered

Cruel deflection with Briggs putting out a foot to stop the cross with the ball looping up and over Walker to rest in the back post. No goalie would have stopped either goal conceded .

Sorry guys
Just about did enough to get back in this game but never enough to win it , and that also goes for L1 status .

I still hold out hope but unfortunately even a win v the Cod Army won't lift the U's out of the quagmire that must happen in two steps if not three.

That would be surreal if ColU v PNE massively determines the fate of both our clubs. Never saw that coming over the hill. Because one win in the next two may suffice to set up a heart-stopping finale.

Keep in mind, still a vital game in hand over Crewe whose GD is mind-numbindly terrible.

A draw at Fleetwood might frankly do, to keep hope alive. Reckon we'll see. Keep the faith, BW.

Ey, Pete. Have you done the maths, what has to occur? I've reached the point where I cannot sort it in my head.

Who has to defeat our rivals? and where is a draw ok and oh my good grief, what are we hoping for? Could 4 points be enough?

Stay Up, The U's.

*finally got it! "Fe" .. That went over my head, Pete, the subject line. I was never good at the periodic table. Iron
[Post edited 18 Apr 2015 18:29]

Cu in their element against Fe at WHCS today! on 18:39 - Apr 18 with 582 viewsthrillseeker

My patience has finally snapped.

HUMES OUT
Cu in their element against Fe at WHCS today! on 20:30 - Apr 18 with 553 viewsdurham_exile

Cu in their element against Fe at WHCS today! on 18:14 - Apr 18 by Barsidepete

I still hold out hope but unfortunately even a win v the Cod Army won't lift the U's out of the quagmire that must happen in two steps if not three.

That would be surreal if ColU v PNE massively determines the fate of both our clubs. Never saw that coming over the hill. Because one win in the next two may suffice to set up a heart-stopping finale.

Keep in mind, still a vital game in hand over Crewe whose GD is mind-numbindly terrible.

A draw at Fleetwood might frankly do, to keep hope alive. Reckon we'll see. Keep the faith, BW.

Ey, Pete. Have you done the maths, what has to occur? I've reached the point where I cannot sort it in my head.

Who has to defeat our rivals? and where is a draw ok and oh my good grief, what are we hoping for? Could 4 points be enough?

Stay Up, The U's.

*finally got it! "Fe" .. That went over my head, Pete, the subject line. I was never good at the periodic table. Iron
[Post edited 18 Apr 2015 18:29]

Pete:

The options are limited. There are 3 teams from 8 to go down.

4 points definitely not enough.

7 points - Fleetwood win, Swindon win and Preston draw may be enough (just).

9 points win all three - if we go down with 54 points then we must have walked under a lot of ladders and run over too many black cats to contemplate.

The teams now in the mix for the three places are:

16 Coventry 44 -10 52
Coventry have to play Crewe H and Crawley A

17 Scunny 43 -11 52
Scunny have to play Bradford H, Gillingham H and Doncaster A

18 Port Vale 44 -10 51
Port Vale have to play Yeovil A and Fleetwood H

19 Crawley 44 -24 50
Crawley have to play Peterbore A and Coventry H

20 Crewe 44 -33 49
Crewe have to play Coventry A and Bradford H

21 Orient 43 -9 47
Orient have to play Rochdale A, Shef Utd H and Swindon A

22 Notts Co 43 -15 47
Notts Co have to play Preston H, Doncaster H and Gills A

23 COL U 43 -21 45
We have to play Cod Army A Robins H and Lilywhites H

24 Yeovil Relegated

Realistically Crewe, Crawley and Port Vale are the three teams that we have to try and catch and overhaul. All three have already played 44 games. Crawley and Crewe have inferior GD to us.

TH has nothing more to lose, already the faithful are baying for blood. We must play some sparkling football and win all three. The point today must be considered as a point won even if we did concede in stoppage time (again). That 45th point may just keep us up providing we can win two and draw one or win all three.

Crewe are the weakest team above us on form and GD but any of those listed could implode and be relegated.

Never mind the last chance saloon or the fat lady singing there are no more options left to TH, we must win at Fleetwood and at home to Swindon that would give us 51 points and set up the PNE very nicely.

The second automatic promotion spot is between PNE and MK Dons

MK Dons have Doncaster H, Rochdale A and Yeovil H

PNE have Notts Co A, Swindon H and COL U A

Clear as mud!

TH must Win, Win and Win.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Cu in their element against Fe at WHCS today! on 22:23 - Apr 18 with 517 viewsBarsidepete

Wouldn't then we be rooting for Sky Blues to win both?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024