Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This will please the fans 09:41 - Apr 20 with 990 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Tony Humes to keep Colchester United job - Robbie Cowling

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32379161

Might have been an idea to wait until the season ended.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

This will please the fans on 09:54 - Apr 20 with 988 viewsColukev

Is this a sick joke?

Cowling is pleased with what TH has done.

I can see nothing other than a struggle in league 2 next season. This has disappointed me more than relegation itself.
This will please the fans on 10:03 - Apr 20 with 982 viewsthrillseeker

Very disturbing news.

I fear we could do a Tranmere if we are relegated
This will please the fans on 14:05 - Apr 22 with 868 viewsLeadbelly

No doubt this story was in response to the "Humes Out" and "Jabo Ibhere" chants on Saturday. I think Mr Cowling referred to a "vocal minority". From where I was sitting, back row S4, I would suggest the minority has grown significantly since I last heard such chants.

Mr Cowling also expressed his opinions regarding chanting the name of a player who "has let down the club" whilst not supporting a manager who is doing his best for the club. The fans, apparently, stepped over the line. Whilst it is true that Jabo left the club having refused to play for Humes I think everyone, especially the chairman, has to give due consideration as to why that happened. Perhaps Jabo had an insight into what was coming. Perhaps Watt, Clohessey, Eastmond, Bean and others may now consider Jabo as a football visionary!

If Mr Cowling is really so pleased with the great job Tony Humes has done I'd like him to state publicly the criteria upon which that judgement is made because, whichever way I look at this season, I find myself coming to a different conclusion. And as for ruling out any approach for Alan Devonshire...the last thing we would want at Colchester is a manager with a pretty good record at a club punching above its weight with limited resources at its disposal.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

This will please the fans on 18:22 - Apr 22 with 836 viewsBarsidepete

This will please the fans on 14:05 - Apr 22 by Leadbelly

No doubt this story was in response to the "Humes Out" and "Jabo Ibhere" chants on Saturday. I think Mr Cowling referred to a "vocal minority". From where I was sitting, back row S4, I would suggest the minority has grown significantly since I last heard such chants.

Mr Cowling also expressed his opinions regarding chanting the name of a player who "has let down the club" whilst not supporting a manager who is doing his best for the club. The fans, apparently, stepped over the line. Whilst it is true that Jabo left the club having refused to play for Humes I think everyone, especially the chairman, has to give due consideration as to why that happened. Perhaps Jabo had an insight into what was coming. Perhaps Watt, Clohessey, Eastmond, Bean and others may now consider Jabo as a football visionary!

If Mr Cowling is really so pleased with the great job Tony Humes has done I'd like him to state publicly the criteria upon which that judgement is made because, whichever way I look at this season, I find myself coming to a different conclusion. And as for ruling out any approach for Alan Devonshire...the last thing we would want at Colchester is a manager with a pretty good record at a club punching above its weight with limited resources at its disposal.

"If Mr Cowling is really so pleased with the great job Tony Humes has done I'd like him to state publicly the criteria upon which that judgement is made because, whichever way I look at this season, I find myself coming to a different conclusion. And as for ruling out any approach for Alan Devonshire...the last thing we would want at Colchester is a manager with a pretty good record at a club punching above its weight with limited resources at its disposal."

That last paragraph must have been a little of taking the pi*s. I've supported the notion of Alan a viable candidate for months as well.

But in fairness, TH knew how to handle the yoofs pretty well and maybe that is the mindset, to not rock the boat regardless how this plays out. And quality loanees will come --who have nothing to gain by moping and not showcasing their skills at a *ahem* lower level.

Now let's see how Humes motivates the squad for Fleetwood. All this will come into focus. A game in hand v all others in the mix. A win will be fabulous but one point keeps hope alive

Goodness, 3 massive ties in the span of a week. Lazarus, hope he's a U's fan.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

This will please the fans on 11:49 - Apr 24 with 768 viewspwrightsknees

The dreaded vote of confidence from a football club chairman?
This will please the fans on 19:11 - Apr 24 with 736 viewsbwildered

The change from senior experience to academy loanee has been to drastic so TH man mangement is perceived has to radical . Fans are frustrated that this is the THIRD season of struggle and see no change for the future .
Too many loanees makes us think we are losing are identity, especially when returned to parent clubs without making are own situation improved, over senior players which are deemed cast offs.
The chairman stated in STH forum that the wages budget was competive for next season ( in L2 ) so watch out for a busy pre- season where a large turn over of out of contract staff is predicted .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024