Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
12th Happy League Week 38 (Final week) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday 23:11 - Apr 25 with 4002 viewsmfb_cufc

The penultimate week of the season turned out to be tough, like many that have preceded it. With the Millwall game providing us with our first 3 all draw of the season, and two more 2-3 results (making that 11 of them in the last 10 weeks), it was left to Hartlepool as the saviour for members this week. Gate16 was one of the eight who predicted their 2-1 victory, and by also getting the Leicester and Wolves 1-0's, and a further four outcomes, he is this weeks top scorer with a brilliant 13 points. Those points have given him a chance of retaining his title, though a repeat performance will be required in the final week. mrhappy will still be confident of collecting his first title, with his number of 3 pointers worth another point to him. A good 10 points (including two spot-on) from mfb-cufc has come too late for him to win the league, but has cemented his Charity Shield spot. A solid 9 points (including two spot-on) from ethicsgirl, takes her up to fourth. The highest she has been since week 3. At the bottom, coomster is now definitely relegated, but who will join him? A vital 9 points (with two spot-on) from Barsidepete, has now given him every chance of avoiding his first relegation. But with only one point separating three members, it has become a 10 game shoot-out, to see who avoids the drop.
In Division One, it is going to take something extraordinary in the final week, if the automatic and play-off spots are not to be as they stand at the moment. Tropical_Us may not make the play-offs, but he was the only one to predict the Newport 2-0.

THE TABLES (270 out of 280 played)
(Tie-breaker: Most 3 pointers, and then the first to post)

Week 38 For the final week of the season, the fixtures are spread over two days, to keep the suspense going right to the end. No more than four scores the same as your nearest rival(s) please. All predictions for both days to be in by Saturday's 15.00 deadline.

ASTON VILLA v EVERTON
WEST HAM v BURNLEY
MORECAMBE v SOUTHEND
NORTHAMPTON v WYCOMBE
TRANMERE v BURY
COLCHESTER v PRESTON (12.15 Sun)
CRAWLEY v COVENTRY (12.15 Sun)
CREWE v BRADFORD (12.15 Sun)
GILLINGHAM v NOTTS COUNTY (12.15 Sun)
SWINDON v LEYTON ORIENT (12.15 Sun)

Good luck everybody.
[Post edited 2 May 2015 14:40]

mfb

12th Happy League Week 38 (Final week) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 23:15 - Apr 25 with 1894 viewsmrhappy

I wouldn't say confident at all

I have the jitters now!

Blimey

Lol

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

12th Happy League Week 38 (Final week) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 23:33 - Apr 25 with 1882 viewswessex_exile

12th Happy League Week 38 (Final week) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 23:15 - Apr 25 by mrhappy

I wouldn't say confident at all

I have the jitters now!

Blimey

Lol

You've got the jitters? Think how I feel! Squeaky bum time defo!

But f'ck it, I'll take a return to League1 if it was accompanied by the U's staying in League 1.

Up the U's!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

12th Happy League Week 38 (Final week) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 00:24 - Apr 26 with 1875 viewsmrhappy

12th Happy League Week 38 (Final week) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 23:33 - Apr 25 by wessex_exile

You've got the jitters? Think how I feel! Squeaky bum time defo!

But f'ck it, I'll take a return to League1 if it was accompanied by the U's staying in League 1.

Up the U's!

Lol

If the Swindon win happens the col u v Preston game will be a coin toss..

12th Happy League Week 38 (Final week) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 00:36 - Apr 26 with 1870 viewsmrhappy

I'm biting the bullet
Going early as u'sual

This is it.

Villa v Everton 2-0
West Ham v burnley 2-0
Morecambe v Southend 0-2
Northampton v Wycombe 0-2
Tranmere v bury 0-2
Colchester v Preston 0-3
Crawley v Coventry 1-2
Crewe v Bradford 2-0
Gillingham v notts county 0-1
Swindon v leyton orient 0-1

12th Happy League Week 38 (Final week) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 01:22 - Apr 26 with 1857 viewsBarsidepete

12th Happy League Week 38 (Final week) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 00:36 - Apr 26 by mrhappy

I'm biting the bullet
Going early as u'sual

This is it.

Villa v Everton 2-0
West Ham v burnley 2-0
Morecambe v Southend 0-2
Northampton v Wycombe 0-2
Tranmere v bury 0-2
Colchester v Preston 0-3
Crawley v Coventry 1-2
Crewe v Bradford 2-0
Gillingham v notts county 0-1
Swindon v leyton orient 0-1

Bold move, Jimmy.

Personally, I need to see what happens Tuesday, although even a draw would not be the worst outcome. Just have to walk away with a point or points, and naturally ideally with three.

As The Dons won, Preston will arrive at Cuckoo Farm with all to play for. The Lilywhites have truly shown some spunk this season. I so hoped they'd have been automatically promoted this weekend. *big sigh*

Here is hoping that Swindon is more focused on a playoff run and not a Tuesday night at the Wessie.

The major drama appears to be if Haps will be overtaken by the holder, Gate16. And that three-way shootout for one survivor in the Premier between Wessex, OhOriOri and myself. I would have the 3pts tie-breaker v Wessex and as Ori and I are level on points, it means I need to collect 1 more point than both.

Funny that, life imitates art, Orient and myself presently in the relegation zone

Also, RSCO and Sector4, who will achieve the glory of a Division One title? The year I was promoted I didn't win it, I finished second. The rest is history

Mick, not that I'll do this, but is it permissible to post the first 5 and then wait till late Saturday/early Sunday to post Sunday's 5?

It may be vital strategy to split the prediction weekend. Just asking. There is effectively nothing separating 9 through 11...

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

12th Happy League Week 38 (Final week) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 01:56 - Apr 26 with 1854 viewsmrhappy

Nice write up Pete

Hope your doing ok....

12th Happy League Week 38 (Final week) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 02:13 - Apr 26 with 1848 viewsBarsidepete

12th Happy League Week 38 (Final week) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 01:56 - Apr 26 by mrhappy

Nice write up Pete

Hope your doing ok....

Cheers, J.R.

Yeah, good as can be expected. Hope that Noah is ok. That's my current main worry.

Keep on then. Who is responsible for your prize should you coast to the title?

Should I get you a DC United clock?

12th Happy League Week 38 (Final week) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 02:20 - Apr 26 with 1844 viewsmrhappy

12th Happy League Week 38 (Final week) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 02:13 - Apr 26 by Barsidepete

Cheers, J.R.

Yeah, good as can be expected. Hope that Noah is ok. That's my current main worry.

Keep on then. Who is responsible for your prize should you coast to the title?

Should I get you a DC United clock?

Lol

Nah

I'll just be happy to win it

I'll get my own.

Login to get fewer ads

12th Happy League Week 38 (Final week) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 02:32 - Apr 26 with 1841 viewsBarsidepete

12th Happy League Week 38 (Final week) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 02:20 - Apr 26 by mrhappy

Lol

Nah

I'll just be happy to win it

I'll get my own.

oh c'mon. One of the legendary clubs in the states, not to mention where I live, DC United.

you're just taking the pi*s

12th Happy League Week 38 (Final week) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 02:41 - Apr 26 with 1837 viewsmrhappy

Are you in Washington?

Or
Maine?

12th Happy League Week 38 (Final week) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 02:43 - Apr 26 with 1836 viewsBarsidepete

12th Happy League Week 38 (Final week) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 02:41 - Apr 26 by mrhappy

Are you in Washington?

Or
Maine?

In Washington, just outside, in Virginia.

12th Happy League Week 38 (Final week) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 02:51 - Apr 26 with 1829 viewsmrhappy

12th Happy League Week 38 (Final week) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 02:43 - Apr 26 by Barsidepete

In Washington, just outside, in Virginia.

Mmmmm

Virginia state.

The USA is an amazing continent.

So varied.

12th Happy League Week 38 (Final week) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 03:01 - Apr 26 with 1825 viewsBarsidepete

12th Happy League Week 38 (Final week) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 02:51 - Apr 26 by mrhappy

Mmmmm

Virginia state.

The USA is an amazing continent.

So varied.

Commonwealth of Virginia, not a "state," per se. Birthplace of 8 U.S. presidents.

So you missionary. You going to Nepal? They may need some healing from a bloke like you.

12th Happy League Week 38 (Final week) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 03:34 - Apr 26 with 1818 viewsmrhappy

12th Happy League Week 38 (Final week) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 03:01 - Apr 26 by Barsidepete

Commonwealth of Virginia, not a "state," per se. Birthplace of 8 U.S. presidents.

So you missionary. You going to Nepal? They may need some healing from a bloke like you.

Not this time.

I just took a funeral yesterday (Friday)

And addressed the 'family' - it's amazing.

Some are open and others pull the shutters down in the hour of adversity.

Just don't shoot the messenger though - I'm always on hand when your finally ready.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2015 3:49]

12th Happy League Week 38 (Final week) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 03:48 - Apr 26 with 1813 viewsBarsidepete

12th Happy League Week 38 (Final week) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 03:34 - Apr 26 by mrhappy

Not this time.

I just took a funeral yesterday (Friday)

And addressed the 'family' - it's amazing.

Some are open and others pull the shutters down in the hour of adversity.

Just don't shoot the messenger though - I'm always on hand when your finally ready.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2015 3:49]

Aw, it was a rhetorical question. Yeah, the messenger ..

edit, deleted. That was mainly for the peeps who were reading then. Incl. phone #.

onward
with week 38, ok?
[Post edited 26 Apr 2015 6:12]

12th Happy League Week 38 (Final week) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 10:24 - Apr 26 with 1758 viewsmfb_cufc

12th Happy League Week 38 (Final week) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 01:22 - Apr 26 by Barsidepete

Bold move, Jimmy.

Personally, I need to see what happens Tuesday, although even a draw would not be the worst outcome. Just have to walk away with a point or points, and naturally ideally with three.

As The Dons won, Preston will arrive at Cuckoo Farm with all to play for. The Lilywhites have truly shown some spunk this season. I so hoped they'd have been automatically promoted this weekend. *big sigh*

Here is hoping that Swindon is more focused on a playoff run and not a Tuesday night at the Wessie.

The major drama appears to be if Haps will be overtaken by the holder, Gate16. And that three-way shootout for one survivor in the Premier between Wessex, OhOriOri and myself. I would have the 3pts tie-breaker v Wessex and as Ori and I are level on points, it means I need to collect 1 more point than both.

Funny that, life imitates art, Orient and myself presently in the relegation zone

Also, RSCO and Sector4, who will achieve the glory of a Division One title? The year I was promoted I didn't win it, I finished second. The rest is history

Mick, not that I'll do this, but is it permissible to post the first 5 and then wait till late Saturday/early Sunday to post Sunday's 5?

It may be vital strategy to split the prediction weekend. Just asking. There is effectively nothing separating 9 through 11...

That is a good question Pete. It is something I had thought about myself. If anybody wants to do it that way, it is okay with me. On second thoughts to remain fair to everybody all predictions are to be in by the Saturday 15.00 deadline. Sorry for any confusion that may of been caused.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2015 17:59]

mfb

12th Happy League Week 38 (Final week) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 14:37 - Apr 26 with 1733 viewsBluenWightExile

Villa 3-3 Ev
West Ham - Burnley 3-3
Morc 3-4 Sos
North 7-0 Wyc
Tran 2-7 Bury
U's 0-0 PNE
Crawl 0-5 Cov
Crewe 4-3 Brad
Gills 0-4 Notts
Swin 0-2 O's

Yes - I know - but there is a reason

Pinault-noir

12th Happy League Week 38 (Final week) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 16:34 - Apr 26 with 1709 viewsBarsidepete

12th Happy League Week 38 (Final week) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 10:24 - Apr 26 by mfb_cufc

That is a good question Pete. It is something I had thought about myself. If anybody wants to do it that way, it is okay with me. On second thoughts to remain fair to everybody all predictions are to be in by the Saturday 15.00 deadline. Sorry for any confusion that may of been caused.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2015 17:59]

Okay then, this has the makings of a pseudo playoffs.

If someone posts all 10 and one or two of the others wait with their five till after Saturday's results, If said person is now trailing in the race, theoretically the one or two others could completely shadow the remaining 5 Sunday predictions to lock it up on Saturday before even Sunday's ties are played.

As I said previously, I may or may not post all 10 immediately when I do, but perhaps a rule that no more than one may be identical on Sunday between Wessex, OhOriOri and myself on Sunday?

Otherwise, for all practical intents and purposes, it becomes a Pick-5 and possibly out week 38 for someone.

Not sure that would be fair. I would maybe end up picking similar outcomes --or perhaps go the other way-- if I wait on my 5 for Sunday, but this is a facet that perhaps you could definitively clear up, Mick.

12th Happy League Week 38 (Final week) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 17:29 - Apr 26 with 1702 viewsmfb_cufc

12th Happy League Week 38 (Final week) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 16:34 - Apr 26 by Barsidepete

Okay then, this has the makings of a pseudo playoffs.

If someone posts all 10 and one or two of the others wait with their five till after Saturday's results, If said person is now trailing in the race, theoretically the one or two others could completely shadow the remaining 5 Sunday predictions to lock it up on Saturday before even Sunday's ties are played.

As I said previously, I may or may not post all 10 immediately when I do, but perhaps a rule that no more than one may be identical on Sunday between Wessex, OhOriOri and myself on Sunday?

Otherwise, for all practical intents and purposes, it becomes a Pick-5 and possibly out week 38 for someone.

Not sure that would be fair. I would maybe end up picking similar outcomes --or perhaps go the other way-- if I wait on my 5 for Sunday, but this is a facet that perhaps you could definitively clear up, Mick.

Point taken Pete. Even though we are a very fair lot on here, I think to avoid any complications it would be best to stick with all 10 being picked before Saturdays deadline. That way is fair for everybody. With no more than four scores being the same as your nearest rival(s).

mfb

12th Happy League Week 38 (Final week) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 17:36 - Apr 26 with 1698 viewsmfb_cufc

I had a PM from Sector4 before he went on holiday to say he would like 2-1 all games.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2015 17:45]

mfb

12th Happy League Week 38 (Final week) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 17:39 - Apr 26 with 1696 viewsBarsidepete

12th Happy League Week 38 (Final week) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 17:29 - Apr 26 by mfb_cufc

Point taken Pete. Even though we are a very fair lot on here, I think to avoid any complications it would be best to stick with all 10 being picked before Saturdays deadline. That way is fair for everybody. With no more than four scores being the same as your nearest rival(s).

In that case, how about No Predictions on Sunday? I'm perfectly fine with that, frankly. All predictions must be posted by the deadline, 15:00, Saturday.

That is after all your subject line.

12th Happy League Week 38 (Final week) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 17:47 - Apr 26 with 1681 viewsmrhappy

All picks by Saturday deadline.

That's fair and more exciting with no controversial points raised.

I have led from the front from day one and it may cost me the title but I can sleep at night!

12th Happy League Week 38 (Final week) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 17:50 - Apr 26 with 1678 viewsmfb_cufc

12th Happy League Week 38 (Final week) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 17:39 - Apr 26 by Barsidepete

In that case, how about No Predictions on Sunday? I'm perfectly fine with that, frankly. All predictions must be posted by the deadline, 15:00, Saturday.

That is after all your subject line.

That is correct. I will edit the top post to make that clear.

mfb

12th Happy League Week 38 (Final week) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 18:00 - Apr 26 with 1664 viewsmrhappy

Saving team for play offs😉bluewightexile.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2015 18:01]

12th Happy League Week 38 (Final week) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 18:20 - Apr 26 with 1650 viewsBarsidepete

12th Happy League Week 38 (Final week) - Deadline 15.00 Saturday on 18:00 - Apr 26 by mrhappy

Saving team for play offs😉bluewightexile.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2015 18:01]

Looks like that's the case for Alastair.

On another tangent, if I were in Blue4u2's shoes, I would aim for that legendary 100 outcomes.

That is going to be be incredibly hard to ever top. A consolation prize of sorts, yes. But wowza. 96 now. With 10 left to reach that. Sorry, have to tip my cap.

And well done, your 36 spot-ons thus far, Jimmy. Guess no one is reaching 200 points this season again. Go on then. Gate has shown he is definitely a massive competitor.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024