Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Humble pie 17:22 - May 3 with 731 viewsLeadbelly

Just having a very large slice!

I've thought we were down since November so I was wrong on that. Thought Sears would struggle at Ipswich so apologies Freddie (albeit you put in a Col U performance yesterday!)

Still not convinced that Hume's is up to the job and certain 1 up front at home is wrong but I'll save the moaning for next season.

WE ARE STAYING UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Humble pie on 17:46 - May 3 with 715 viewspwrightsknees

Credit where it's due. I had (and still have) misgivings about TH. But to end the season with 5 wins, 3 draws and only 2 defeats in the last 10 games is formidable and maintained throughout the season would be play-off form.

We musn't forget, too, that he took over with no time to plan and had to run things by the seat of his pants for some weeks before he could settle in, during which time he lost the services of several experienced and key players, either through injury or tantrum.

TH will be here next season. He'll have chance during the summer break to take stock and plan for 2015/6, so let's give him a huge "thank you" for this season and our full support for next.

UP THE U's
Humble pie on 18:07 - May 3 with 699 viewsBarsidepete

Humble pie on 17:46 - May 3 by pwrightsknees

Credit where it's due. I had (and still have) misgivings about TH. But to end the season with 5 wins, 3 draws and only 2 defeats in the last 10 games is formidable and maintained throughout the season would be play-off form.

We musn't forget, too, that he took over with no time to plan and had to run things by the seat of his pants for some weeks before he could settle in, during which time he lost the services of several experienced and key players, either through injury or tantrum.

TH will be here next season. He'll have chance during the summer break to take stock and plan for 2015/6, so let's give him a huge "thank you" for this season and our full support for next.

UP THE U's

Pete? (goodness, how many Pete's we got here?) ...

I'm numb with happiness.

So much had to string right today. And all did. I mentally did a pitch invasion too.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Humble pie on 21:04 - May 3 with 651 viewsPaddyA140

Humes-ble pie... indeed. I've not been inspired for most of the time since September but the last few weeks have seen us performa a heckuva turnaround (the 6-0 away -- ahem -- notwithstanding). Credit just has to go where it's due - so let's all congratulate TH on the mutha of all escape acts and look positively for 2015/16.

What an afternoon - I've avoided the £40 splurge on a shirt all season but couldn't help myself today.

Now the euphoria fades i wonder too about the squad next year. Some i'd like to see back - Briggs, Brindley, Murphy - but some will of course drift to pastures new. Anyone know who's out of contract? Please let's keep Massey, Sam, Moncur - tie 'em down sharpish, Robbie.

And the youngsters who've played so much this season will come on in stature too - Sammy, Lapslie...

I'm already looking forward to pre-season.

Up the U's.
Humble pie on 22:21 - May 3 with 620 viewswessex_exile

Humble pie on 21:04 - May 3 by PaddyA140

Humes-ble pie... indeed. I've not been inspired for most of the time since September but the last few weeks have seen us performa a heckuva turnaround (the 6-0 away -- ahem -- notwithstanding). Credit just has to go where it's due - so let's all congratulate TH on the mutha of all escape acts and look positively for 2015/16.

What an afternoon - I've avoided the £40 splurge on a shirt all season but couldn't help myself today.

Now the euphoria fades i wonder too about the squad next year. Some i'd like to see back - Briggs, Brindley, Murphy - but some will of course drift to pastures new. Anyone know who's out of contract? Please let's keep Massey, Sam, Moncur - tie 'em down sharpish, Robbie.

And the youngsters who've played so much this season will come on in stature too - Sammy, Lapslie...

I'm already looking forward to pre-season.

Up the U's.

Briggs - has come in for a lot of flak in the past (mostly probably deserved), but I though he played an absolute blinder today!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024