Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
12th Happy League The Final Tables 20:14 - May 3 with 881 viewsmfb_cufc

Congratulations to mrhappy on winning the Premier title for the first time. He topped the table after Week 13, and has been there ever since. Well played Sir. A great effort from Gate16 to retain his title, but along with mfb_cufc, has to settle for a Charity Shield spot. At the bottom, OhOriOri despite leading the league after Week 9, is relegated after just one season in the top division. He is joined by Barsidepete, who is finally relegated for the first time, and coomster who first appeared in the bottom three after Week 4, and stayed for the rest of the season.
In Division One congratulations to Sector4 on winning the title at the first attempt. On what became a two game season for the title, the 2 points gained from them edged out RSCOSWORTH, who joins him in the Premier. The play-off places have looked good for TheNet, gsy163, BluenWightExile, and ColuKev for quite a few weeks, and they duly confirmed them. There was a great effort from durham_exile to storm the party though, as he produced a weeks top scoring 12 points with two spot-on, and six other outcomes. He will take consolation from his beloved U's avoiding the drop. The other meritorious performance on this final week came from sevebalo, with his 11 points made up of two spot-on, including the only one to get the West Ham 1-0, and five other outcomes.
Well done to Blue4U2 for getting a century of 1 point outcomes, more than anybody else, but on the other side he had less 3 pointers than anybody. After winning the Happy Cup, he has now got the Charity Shield to look forward to.

THE FINAL TABLES (280 played)
(Tie-breaker: Most 3 pointers, and then the first to post)

See separate thread for details on Charity Shield and Division One Play-offs.
[Post edited 3 May 2015 23:04]

mfb

12th Happy League The Final Tables on 20:47 - May 3 with 864 viewsgerry_us

What a win double, Gerrymandering avoids the wooden spoon and U's avoid relegation. Both of those looked highly unlikely a few weeks ago.
12th Happy League The Final Tables on 21:03 - May 3 with 860 viewsColukev

Massive thanks and well done. A brilliantly run league!

How do the playoffs work and when?
12th Happy League The Final Tables on 21:13 - May 3 with 854 viewsmfb_cufc

Hi Kev. The Play-offs start next Saturday. There is a separate thread, where everything is explained.

mfb

12th Happy League The Final Tables on 22:09 - May 3 with 837 viewswessex_exile

Oh wow, I feared for the worst setting of this morning, and in truth would have gladly swapped my relegation for U's survival - but this really is the cherry on the cake. Commiserations to Pete and OhOriOri (doubly so for you sir).

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

12th Happy League The Final Tables on 23:16 - May 3 with 813 viewsBarsidepete

12th Happy League The Final Tables on 22:09 - May 3 by wessex_exile

Oh wow, I feared for the worst setting of this morning, and in truth would have gladly swapped my relegation for U's survival - but this really is the cherry on the cake. Commiserations to Pete and OhOriOri (doubly so for you sir).

Cheers, Wessex

I too would have traded relegation for survival, or summat.

Exciting times as both me and the U's will be aiming for automatic promotion or a playoff spot at minimum

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

12th Happy League The Final Tables on 00:18 - May 4 with 799 viewsBarsidepete

12th Happy League The Final Tables on 20:47 - May 3 by gerry_us

What a win double, Gerrymandering avoids the wooden spoon and U's avoid relegation. Both of those looked highly unlikely a few weeks ago.

Grrr, you finished on more points than me, Gerry

Innit odd that you, me and Coomster are now in our mini-league in Division One?

I hope one if not all of us turn our fates around and go right up or at minimum are in the playoffs to do so

12th Happy League The Final Tables on 01:15 - May 4 with 787 viewsRSCOSWORTH

I initially thought that Sector4 posting 2-1's blind would work in my favour but it wasn't to be with a few games not going with form. I am glad that the typo didn't come back to haunt me though. I would've been proper gutted had that been the difference. Well done to Sector4 on winning Division One and to Mr Happy for not doing a Derby. Also big thanks to MFB for an excellent job running and administering the league.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

12th Happy League The Final Tables on 01:24 - May 4 with 786 viewsmrhappy

Thank you RC

Look forward to locking horns next year.

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

Login to get fewer ads

12th Happy League The Final Tables on 02:03 - May 4 with 775 viewsBarsidepete

12th Happy League The Final Tables on 01:24 - May 4 by mrhappy

Thank you RC

Look forward to locking horns next year.

Clearly, based on the timecodes, some of us are not sleeping yet. What a great day for The U's.

I am so buzzin. I am so thrilled, it ain't funny. Fish and chips for everyone! Or Ethics, our veggie, a fab salad

12th Happy League The Final Tables on 19:53 - May 4 with 732 viewsBFG

Congratulations Mr Happy and thank you mfb for continuing to take the time out to run the league. This is the cement that keeps the board going :)
12th Happy League The Final Tables on 19:54 - May 4 with 730 viewsBFG

I truly am the Tony Pulis of the league..
12th Happy League The Final Tables on 20:12 - May 4 with 722 viewsmrhappy

12th Happy League The Final Tables on 19:53 - May 4 by BFG

Congratulations Mr Happy and thank you mfb for continuing to take the time out to run the league. This is the cement that keeps the board going :)

Thanks
Well said

12th Happy League The Final Tables on 23:48 - May 4 with 692 viewsBarsidepete

To your other question, J.R.B., I'm not sure if 37 spot-ons is a record.

But I do recall we thought no one would reach 35, on another thread. So big applause.

And as MFB pointed out, his 104 one-pointers didn't help much last year... I suspect it is, the record. Brilliant, Jimmy.

But fair do's, Blue4u2's 102, that's amazing. Just goes to show, however, It's the spot-ons that win it. The outcomes will otherwise take care of themselves.
[Post edited 5 May 2015 1:19]

12th Happy League The Final Tables on 00:30 - May 5 with 684 viewsmrhappy

12th Happy League The Final Tables on 23:48 - May 4 by Barsidepete

To your other question, J.R.B., I'm not sure if 37 spot-ons is a record.

But I do recall we thought no one would reach 35, on another thread. So big applause.

And as MFB pointed out, his 104 one-pointers didn't help much last year... I suspect it is, the record. Brilliant, Jimmy.

But fair do's, Blue4u2's 102, that's amazing. Just goes to show, however, It's the spot-ons that win it. The outcomes will otherwise take care of themselves.
[Post edited 5 May 2015 1:19]

I fully agree !

Nice one .

12th Happy League The Final Tables on 10:01 - May 5 with 654 viewsthrillseeker

Many thanks to MFB for the admin and presentation of this years Happy League

Congratulations to Mr H on a very impressive performance this season and winning the league
12th Happy League The Final Tables on 12:53 - May 5 with 644 viewsmrhappy

Thank you sir - well done on staying up.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024