Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In's & Out's 20:28 - May 4 with 1994 viewsbwildered

Contracts expired

Magnus
Jabo
Watt
Fox

Loanees returned

Khumalo
Murphy
Brindley
Briggs
Healey
Marriott

Possible mutual consents
Closhessy
Gordon

So could be six to ten players off the books for the start of next season, what do we need to strengthen ?
With Drey Wright and Kent to return for next season .

Requirements

Left back , Centre Half and Midfielder , if Fox & Magnus not resigned ( replace with Khumalo / Wordsworth ) .

Thoughts please .

[Post edited 4 May 2015 20:32]

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

In's & Out's on 22:42 - May 4 with 1964 viewsRSCOSWORTH

I'd be surprised and disappointed if we don't offer deals to Fox and Magnus. Definitely need another wide midfielder, another striker and a right back.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

In's & Out's on 13:17 - May 5 with 1920 viewsLeadbelly

Clohessey's contract terminated. No surprise there.

Dominic Smith has also left the club.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

In's & Out's on 15:55 - May 5 with 1891 viewsburnsieespana

No surprise but hopefully didn't cost us a lot of money.
In's & Out's on 18:54 - May 5 with 1857 viewsFruitbat

Richard Brindley has today been released by Rotherham. Wouldn't be at all surprised if we signed him.
In's & Out's on 20:01 - May 5 with 1838 viewsRSCOSWORTH

In's & Out's on 18:54 - May 5 by Fruitbat

Richard Brindley has today been released by Rotherham. Wouldn't be at all surprised if we signed him.

Could be a useful acquisition. I believe he used to play for Chelmsford City so might be keen to return to the area.

In's & Out's on 20:03 - May 5 with 1834 viewswessex_exile

In's & Out's on 15:55 - May 5 by burnsieespana

No surprise but hopefully didn't cost us a lot of money.

From comments attributed to a source very likely to be in the know during the OMB messageboarders match last week, didn't sound like there was anything mutual about it - sounded like he was sent on his bike.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

In's & Out's on 14:04 - May 6 with 1781 viewsburnsieespana

In's & Out's on 20:01 - May 5 by RSCOSWORTH

Could be a useful acquisition. I believe he used to play for Chelmsford City so might be keen to return to the area.

Think he started out at Chelmsford City. Having never seen him play can't comment as to whether he would be a useful addition. Anybody add anything?
In's & Out's on 15:21 - May 6 with 1767 viewsSector4

Whilst Brindley has looked a little raw on occasion I think he has played well and would be a good signing and hope we get him. I believe his parents live in Colchester which could be a positive factor for him to choose us.
Login to get fewer ads

In's & Out's on 17:40 - May 6 with 1752 viewsdurham_exile

In's & Out's on 14:04 - May 6 by burnsieespana

Think he started out at Chelmsford City. Having never seen him play can't comment as to whether he would be a useful addition. Anybody add anything?

Richard Brindley - outstanding player, very surprised that Rotherham have released him.

Since he arrived at COL U I haven't seen him have a bad game and he is prepared to shoot from distance (a dying art in modern football!)

Sign him up.

Also interesting to note the North Essex family connection.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

In's & Out's on 17:48 - May 6 with 1740 viewsdurham_exile

Strikers: I have always admired Emmanuel-Thomas at Bristol City - he will not figure in their Championship squad, but could we afford him.

Also Jermaine Beckford - much travelled but a proven goal scorer and at 32 can still play a bit!

More to follow!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

In's & Out's on 23:11 - May 6 with 1697 viewsmrhappy

In's & Out's on 17:48 - May 6 by durham_exile

Strikers: I have always admired Emmanuel-Thomas at Bristol City - he will not figure in their Championship squad, but could we afford him.

Also Jermaine Beckford - much travelled but a proven goal scorer and at 32 can still play a bit!

More to follow!

Up the U's

If you get

Jay you might make the play offs

Wages are the thing as you say.

He would get you 15 goals at least I reckon.

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

In's & Out's on 09:56 - May 7 with 1672 viewsnoah4x4

As regards "ins"....

Firstly, I would like to see the extra 2,000 "home" supporters that turned up on Sunday be 'in' more regularly. Some were probably willing us to go down just to say "told you so". But many have since openly eaten their words; and full credit to those that have. This is the start of a fan's revival and I don't feel that this time it will be a false dawn.

Hopefully many of our loanees can also be converted to contract. I would endevour to keep them all except Rhys Healey.

I can't see Emmanual-Thomas coming to the U's. He is an unfulfileld talent and still too ambitious and expensive; similarly Beckford. However, I envisage much "experience" falling out of the Premier Division; and soon, the list of players released from there there may be lengthy. Remember that such squads are limited to just 25. Some may inevitably drop into the Championship, but most clubs in that seem to be in such a financial mess with overloaded squads post FFP that I reckon this years player movements into the lower divisions will be a revelation.

Here is a great website that identifies those falling out of contract etc.; http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/startseite/wettbewerb/GB1

Outs...

Sadly, I can see an upwards exit for perhaps Szmodics and possibly other of our youth talent. But if that gives us the money to buy in "experience" then great. After Financial Fair Play the U's must inevitably become a club that is dependent on developing young talent and selling them on. At least with Academy Two status we have the prospect of guaranteed compensation.

Other exits.
Magnus, Jabo, Watt; cant see any of those being retained.
In's & Out's on 16:47 - May 7 with 1637 viewsbwildered

Briggs released by Millwall .

In's & Out's on 18:06 - May 7 with 1621 viewsRSCOSWORTH

In's & Out's on 16:47 - May 7 by bwildered

Briggs released by Millwall .

Should we sign him though? I'm not convinced personally.

In's & Out's on 18:42 - May 7 with 1609 viewsdurham_exile

In's & Out's on 18:06 - May 7 by RSCOSWORTH

Should we sign him though? I'm not convinced personally.

RS - definitely to be signed - good left back with a very good attacking style, strong and decisive.

Surprised that Millwall have released him, after all they were appalling last year in the Championship!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

In's & Out's on 19:30 - May 7 with 1595 viewsRSCOSWORTH

In's & Out's on 18:42 - May 7 by durham_exile

RS - definitely to be signed - good left back with a very good attacking style, strong and decisive.

Surprised that Millwall have released him, after all they were appalling last year in the Championship!

Up the U's

I think I must've been watching a different Briggs to you!

In's & Out's on 21:14 - May 7 with 1577 viewsLeadbelly

In's & Out's on 19:30 - May 7 by RSCOSWORTH

I think I must've been watching a different Briggs to you!

I think I've been watching the same player as you. Poor positioning and turned too easily.

Young full backs with limited defensive abilities but OK going forward are not in short supply. Hewitt for instance. What we need are defenders like Khumalo...best loan signing of the season in my opinion.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

In's & Out's on 21:18 - May 7 with 1570 viewswessex_exile

In's & Out's on 21:14 - May 7 by Leadbelly

I think I've been watching the same player as you. Poor positioning and turned too easily.

Young full backs with limited defensive abilities but OK going forward are not in short supply. Hewitt for instance. What we need are defenders like Khumalo...best loan signing of the season in my opinion.

He is definitely a work in progress, but has certainly improved from my limited viewing. On Sunday, certainly for the first half, he was borderline my MoM.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

In's & Out's on 21:42 - May 7 with 1562 viewsdurham_exile

In's & Out's on 21:14 - May 7 by Leadbelly

Hewitt poorly served by Ipswich

Recalled for spurious reasons and then not used once during the vital run in.

A great shame because he was very good for us.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

In's & Out's on 16:59 - May 9 with 1472 viewsbwildered

U's in talks with Fox , and also Watt and Magnus who both cannot have much to barter with the club except wage cuts.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024