Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JON White (Barside's Mate) is going to Wembley 22:28 - May 14 with 2202 viewsgerry_us

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Good luck to him and Southend. Roll on a couple of rollicking local derbies.
[Post edited 16 May 2015 11:26]
Jon White going to Wembley on 08:13 - May 15 with 1402 viewsGate16

I agree and Ben Coker too - I always thought he was a decent left back.
Be good to see Southend promoted with so many teams in the north.
Jon White going to Wembley on 10:31 - May 15 with 1391 viewsBarsidepete

"John" not Jon.

He is a mate of mine.

Please edit the subject line.

Thank you.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Jon White going to Wembley on 13:24 - May 15 with 1365 viewsLeadbelly

Good cross for the winning goal. Wish he was still at Col U though!

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Jon White going to Wembley on 03:34 - May 16 with 1305 viewswessex_exile

Jon White going to Wembley on 10:31 - May 15 by Barsidepete

"John" not Jon.

He is a mate of mine.

Please edit the subject line.

Thank you.

Seriously? Your definition of "mate" is probably a lot different to most other people's Pete - keep in touch often do you?

Nice edit Gerry

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Jon White going to Wembley on 04:19 - May 16 with 1302 viewsBarsidepete

Jon White going to Wembley on 03:34 - May 16 by wessex_exile

Seriously? Your definition of "mate" is probably a lot different to most other people's Pete - keep in touch often do you?

Nice edit Gerry

He's a friend of mine, Wes. And to your question, yes I do. Do you?

As you may be shocked, Connor Wickham, too, whose shirt I have, the real thing, when he played at Ipswich, his no. 9 .. That he gave me. I have other good friends but I don't wear it on my sleeve, who.

Wanna see Connor's shirt who is now at Sunderland? Do I need to post a piccie?
[Post edited 16 May 2015 4:41]

JON White going to Wembley on 04:23 - May 16 with 1300 viewsBarsidepete

When I come over John last time played laser tag with a few of us in Saffend, people you undoubtedly don't know. As a journo I get press passes whenever I ask for them from Matt Hudson, but I like sitting behind the goal. I love it when people have no idea who I am. Give yourself a solid pat on the back, Andy.

I have a nice collection of personalized photos to me from a good number of players including Doogie, from back in the day. I am having a laugh. Some of you just have no idea who I am. But then friends are friends, aren't they?

Apologies. Mates. As you seem to believe I have no idea what that word means, Wessex.
[Post edited 16 May 2015 10:41]

Jon White going to Wembley on 06:57 - May 16 with 1268 viewsjonestones

Jon White going to Wembley on 04:19 - May 16 by Barsidepete

As you may be shocked, Connor Wickham, too, whose shirt I have, the real thing, when he played at Ipswich, his no. 9 .. That he gave me. I have other good friends but I don't wear it on my sleeve, who.

"I have other good friends but i don 't wear it on my sleeve ."

You must admit Pete, you drop a lot of names on here .

How 'a it going getting Big Roy to sign up for this forum?
Jon White going to Wembley on 06:59 - May 16 with 1267 viewsjonestones

Jon White going to Wembley on 06:57 - May 16 by jonestones

"I have other good friends but i don 't wear it on my sleeve ."

You must admit Pete, you drop a lot of names on here .

How 'a it going getting Big Roy to sign up for this forum?

Sorry that should have read, "How's it going...."
Login to get fewer ads

JON White going to Wembley on 09:28 - May 16 with 1241 viewswessex_exile

JON White going to Wembley on 04:23 - May 16 by Barsidepete

When I come over John last time played laser tag with a few of us in Saffend, people you undoubtedly don't know. As a journo I get press passes whenever I ask for them from Matt Hudson, but I like sitting behind the goal. I love it when people have no idea who I am. Give yourself a solid pat on the back, Andy.

I have a nice collection of personalized photos to me from a good number of players including Doogie, from back in the day. I am having a laugh. Some of you just have no idea who I am. But then friends are friends, aren't they?

Apologies. Mates. As you seem to believe I have no idea what that word means, Wessex.

Pete, I've asked Daniel to do so, but you can spare him the trouble and remove my full name from your post immediately!

Up the U's

Jon White going to Wembley on 09:47 - May 16 with 1235 viewswessex_exile

Jon White going to Wembley on 04:19 - May 16 by Barsidepete

You wear your friends on your sleeve all the time Pete. You drop the personal names, and other personal details, of board members on here constantly, and as a member of admin helping Daniel with his website, I really do think it is behaviour unbecoming.

Of course I don't know John White, I've seen him far more often than you have, but I don't know him at all - does that matter? In fact, that's the crux of this, it doesn't matter, but what matters to you most is not having 'mates' (be they real or social forum 'friends'), it's demonstrating you have them to others here (through revealing the aforementioned personal details). This is something you do all the time, and it really is very tragic, displaying an underlying insecurity that needs constant management through the affirmation of connection - very much in the style of a D-list celebrity screaming "do you know who I am".

A case in point, when we were all concerned for the safety of Noah, you took the trouble on here to pointedly show me (using caps) that you knew what his first name was. I knew perfectly well what his first name and indeed his last name was, I see him at virtually every game I go to, and told you this. Within a blink of an eye you had edited your post title to include the initial of his last name, such was your compulsion to show us all you knew that too - very very sad.

Do I want to see a shirt that Connor Wickham gave you - why would I, why on earth would I or anyone else here care?

Up the U's

Jon White going to Wembley on 09:59 - May 16 with 1229 viewsBarsidepete

Jon White going to Wembley on 09:47 - May 16 by wessex_exile

You wear your friends on your sleeve all the time Pete. You drop the personal names, and other personal details, of board members on here constantly, and as a member of admin helping Daniel with his website, I really do think it is behaviour unbecoming.

Of course I don't know John White, I've seen him far more often than you have, but I don't know him at all - does that matter? In fact, that's the crux of this, it doesn't matter, but what matters to you most is not having 'mates' (be they real or social forum 'friends'), it's demonstrating you have them to others here (through revealing the aforementioned personal details). This is something you do all the time, and it really is very tragic, displaying an underlying insecurity that needs constant management through the affirmation of connection - very much in the style of a D-list celebrity screaming "do you know who I am".

A case in point, when we were all concerned for the safety of Noah, you took the trouble on here to pointedly show me (using caps) that you knew what his first name was. I knew perfectly well what his first name and indeed his last name was, I see him at virtually every game I go to, and told you this. Within a blink of an eye you had edited your post title to include the initial of his last name, such was your compulsion to show us all you knew that too - very very sad.

Do I want to see a shirt that Connor Wickham gave you - why would I, why on earth would I or anyone else here care?

Oh come on, Wessex. I was being cheeky and ironic.

The do you know who I am is self-defacing. I'm quite humble.

All good, right? It's in a good spirited mindset. I'm humbled to have the friends that want to be my friends. I take nothing for granted.

Just silly stuff. Let's move on. Please

I edited Noah's name away as I realized it was not appropriate. But then again his name was on full display on the BBC, Full name wearing his Colchester shirt.

I believe he was very proud to be identified. -- Even Daniel identified him via a link.

I'm proud to be a U's supporter. And happy that I know so many on this board that I can call by their first name, and others call them by their first name as well, often.

You sent me an inbox message, or was it a post, that made it seem you are really self-important, that you knew Noah's first and last name and his address. Well, I knew his name as well. I did a double-take when I saw him on the Beeb. I'm guessing his name is more familiar to many more people than read this site, especially due to the BBC exposure.

I'm not insecure about anything, by the way.

Seems you may be, to call me out this way. This is not a secretive site. We pretty much know who we all are. You hide behind a keyboard, and feel free to talk to me this way face to face someday.

I'll be more than happy to have a direct exchange.

The Wickham shirt? He's now with freaking Sunderland. I believe you missed all the points. I loved when The U's defeated Ipswich 1-0, Norwich defeated Ipswich, 5-1 at Poorman, and disgruntled that Southend may come up.

You really need to get a grip. I thought you Brits were the masters of irony. Guess you can dish it out but don't recognize it when it's flying by your ears from a non-Brit.
[Post edited 16 May 2015 10:29]

JON White going to Wembley on 10:13 - May 16 with 1218 viewsLeadbelly

JON White going to Wembley on 04:23 - May 16 by Barsidepete

I have no idea who you are and that lack of knowledge won't keep me awake at night.

I visit one other forum (band not football) which has a regular contributor who works in the media and clearly identifies himself. As a result his comments on well known people or particular events have a context and could be verified or challenged if people are so inclined.

You seem to be deriving some pleasure from your partial anonymity whilst naming others. Not cool. Next name should be yours or stop the naming and name dropping.

JON White going to Wembley on 10:23 - May 16 with 1206 viewsBarsidepete

JON White going to Wembley on 10:13 - May 16 by Leadbelly

I have no idea who you are and that lack of knowledge won't keep me awake at night.

I visit one other forum (band not football) which has a regular contributor who works in the media and clearly identifies himself. As a result his comments on well known people or particular events have a context and could be verified or challenged if people are so inclined.

You seem to be deriving some pleasure from your partial anonymity whilst naming others. Not cool. Next name should be yours or stop the naming and name dropping.

Leadbelly, please read the previous post.

There is no problem here. I am not important enough to discuss.

Seriously.

If you collectively want me off the site. Fine.

By the way, I expected better from you Leadbelly. I thought the exchanges we've had have been cordial.

Ho-hum.
[Post edited 16 May 2015 10:28]

JON White going to Wembley on 10:32 - May 16 with 1192 viewsLeadbelly

JON White going to Wembley on 10:23 - May 16 by Barsidepete

Seriously.

By the way, I expected better from you Leadbelly. I thought the exchanges we've had have been cordial.

Ho-hum.

Irony - the expression of meaning through the use of language signifying the opposite, typically for humorous effect.

Does it mean the same thing in the US?

JON White going to Wembley on 10:36 - May 16 with 1186 viewswessex_exile

JON White going to Wembley on 10:23 - May 16 by Barsidepete

Seriously.

Ho-hum.

I am waiting for you to remove my full name from your post.

Up the U's

JON White going to Wembley on 10:39 - May 16 with 1186 viewsBarsidepete

JON White going to Wembley on 10:32 - May 16 by Leadbelly

Irony - the expression of meaning through the use of language signifying the opposite, typically for humorous effect.

Does it mean the same thing in the US?

My name is Peter Drizhal. Feel free to google it.

I've never hidden behind my writing and blogs and the magazine I published and edited, and at another I was merely a production editor.

It's ludicrous to say I've been anonymous. I've even posted my phone number on occasion so anyone can call if they feel like it. I've said anyone is welcome to contact me directly on countless occasions.

This is getting silly.

Can we move on?

JON White (Barsides Mate) going to Wembley on 11:15 - May 16 with 1169 viewsgerry_us

JON White going to Wembley on 10:39 - May 16 by Barsidepete

I've never hidden behind my writing and blogs and the magazine I published and edited, and at another I was merely a production editor.

It's ludicrous to say I've been anonymous. I've even posted my phone number on occasion so anyone can call if they feel like it. I've said anyone is welcome to contact me directly on countless occasions.

This is getting silly.

Can we move on?

Well well well! It seems as though it is not just me that upsets Boreside.
JON White going to Wembley on 11:32 - May 16 with 1153 viewsLeadbelly

JON White going to Wembley on 10:39 - May 16 by Barsidepete

This is getting silly.

Can we move on?

If I cease cordiality it will be very clear indeed.

Thanks for your details. You may have mentioned them before, I don't know, but it wasn't my lack of them that led to the accusation of anonymity, simply your comments about how you love the fact that some of us don't know you.

I have to move on as the lawn needs cutting before I watch the Budgies gub the SUTR.

JON White (Barside's Mate) is going to Wembley on 16:37 - May 16 with 1113 viewsBarsidepete

Nice subject line edit Gerry

Speaking of Wembley, how is the atmosphere in Grimsby as the final v Bristol City is tomorrow?
[Post edited 16 May 2015 16:48]

JON White (Barside's Mate) is going to Wembley on 17:19 - May 16 with 1093 viewswessex_exile

JON White (Barside's Mate) is going to Wembley on 16:37 - May 16 by Barsidepete

Nice subject line edit Gerry

Speaking of Wembley, how is the atmosphere in Grimsby as the final v Bristol City is tomorrow?
[Post edited 16 May 2015 16:48]

Did you get confused between Ipswich and Southend Pete?

Up the U's

JON White (Barside's Mate) is going to Wembley on 17:31 - May 16 with 1089 viewsBarsidepete

JON White (Barside's Mate) is going to Wembley on 17:19 - May 16 by wessex_exile

Did you get confused between Ipswich and Southend Pete?

You know what? I had crossed thoughts. lol.

Hence my post was as it was.

Was up really late last night as my mum couldn't sleep so I was on the phone with her till like 5 am. Sent her lots of piccies I'd taken of birds outside the house and some of my travels in England.

Must be quite beautiful now, springtime. The place I stayed once, Mile End Road, the guesthouse had such a fabulous garden. And the front side view, there was a spectacular tree.

So be that it may.

Yar, I know what I meant and then referenced Blackpool and Wigan, as Ippy are not going up. It's been a long day, Wessex.

I did call it Scumend v Wycscum somewhere on our threads. I always hope the overall context is how what I write is seen in that light. It's really not the same as actually sharing pints and you can see a person's expression

JON White (Barside's Mate) is going to Wembley on 17:15 - May 18 with 1026 viewsnoah4x4

I routinely wear 'Noah 4x4' on the back of my U's shirt and never say anything in here that is (knowingly) likely to get me sued or shot. Maybe a punch is possible; or more likely Mrs Noah might slap me; but then I don't bleed too easily.

But now that my real identity is out, I shall cease all crime-fighting forthwith and hang up my mask and cape. That is a small price to pay if it got you all donating to the Nepal Disaster Appeal - but then, I did like those tights and boots.
JON White (Barside's Mate) is going to Wembley on 18:24 - May 18 with 1010 viewsBarsidepete

JON White (Barside's Mate) is going to Wembley on 17:15 - May 18 by noah4x4

I routinely wear 'Noah 4x4' on the back of my U's shirt and never say anything in here that is (knowingly) likely to get me sued or shot. Maybe a punch is possible; or more likely Mrs Noah might slap me; but then I don't bleed too easily.

But now that my real identity is out, I shall cease all crime-fighting forthwith and hang up my mask and cape. That is a small price to pay if it got you all donating to the Nepal Disaster Appeal - but then, I did like those tights and boots.

Pardon?

Daniel is the one who posted the news to the link here, and when I saw you on the news before he had done that, You're the one who wore a Colchester shirt to further draw attention to yourself, and your full name was prominently flashed in the segment.

JON White (Barside's Mate) is going to Wembley on 18:33 - May 18 with 1005 viewsnoah4x4

JON White (Barside's Mate) is going to Wembley on 18:24 - May 18 by Barsidepete

Pardon?

Daniel is the one who posted the news to the link here, and when I saw you on the news before he had done that, You're the one who wore a Colchester shirt to further draw attention to yourself, and your full name was prominently flashed in the segment.

Chill Pete. I don't have any problem with people knowing my identity and nobody is prouder than me to wear a U's shirt. I was wearing it in Kathmandu as my next destination was WHCS but I never made it.
JON White (Barside's Mate) is going to Wembley on 18:43 - May 18 with 999 viewsBarsidepete

JON White (Barside's Mate) is going to Wembley on 18:33 - May 18 by noah4x4

Chill Pete. I don't have any problem with people knowing my identity and nobody is prouder than me to wear a U's shirt. I was wearing it in Kathmandu as my next destination was WHCS but I never made it.

Oh, all good, Noah. Wasn't sure what you were getting at.

Hope donations keep coming to the Nepal appeal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024