Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are Leicester City the Colchester Utd of the Premier League? 20:22 - May 16 with 1187 viewsLeadbelly

Discuss

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Are Leicester City the Colchester Utd of the Premier League? on 21:18 - May 16 with 1181 viewsthrillseeker

No
Are Leicester City the Colchester Utd of the Premier League? on 21:47 - May 16 with 1169 viewsgerry_us

Are Leicester City the Colchester Utd of the Premier League? on 21:18 - May 16 by thrillseeker

No

No they're not...or
No you won't discuss?
Are Leicester City the Colchester Utd of the Premier League? on 21:58 - May 16 with 1164 viewswessex_exile

Are Leicester City the Colchester Utd of the Premier League? on 21:47 - May 16 by gerry_us

No they're not...or
No you won't discuss?

Yes

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Are Leicester City the Colchester Utd of the Premier League? on 22:23 - May 16 with 1161 viewsgerry_us

Are Leicester City the Colchester Utd of the Premier League? on 21:58 - May 16 by wessex_exile

Yes

Glad I was able to clear that up.
Are Leicester City the Colchester Utd of the Premier League? on 22:53 - May 16 with 1154 viewsthrillseeker

Are Leicester City the Colchester Utd of the Premier League? on 21:47 - May 16 by gerry_us

No they're not...or
No you won't discuss?

I like that Gerry

No they are not is the full answer
Are Leicester City the Colchester Utd of the Premier League? on 00:04 - May 17 with 1144 viewsdurham_exile

No they're good but they're not quite Colchester!

With apologies to a certain lager.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Are Leicester City the Colchester Utd of the Premier League? on 00:39 - May 17 with 1141 viewsBarsidepete

Are Leicester City the Colchester Utd of the Premier League? on 00:04 - May 17 by durham_exile

No they're good but they're not quite Colchester!

With apologies to a certain lager.

Up the U's

Stella? Pete?

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Are Leicester City the Colchester Utd of the Premier League? on 05:28 - May 17 with 1128 viewsLeadbelly

Clearly an inferior product but the Foxes late season surge to safety has some similarities to that of the mighty U's...even if it was slightly more of a surge.

Login to get fewer ads

Are Leicester City the Colchester Utd of the Premier League? on 08:28 - May 17 with 1113 viewsbwildered

No - panicked, and insured survival with still a game to go and not relied on others . More similiar is that Pearson and Humes look related .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Are Leicester City the Colchester Utd of the Premier League? on 17:02 - May 18 with 1069 viewsnoah4x4

I reckon U's survival was the superior as the closeness of the competition in Division One was stronger. Any one of a dozen could have gone down from the third tier.

But in the Premier League it has been a nailed on prediction that QPR and Burnley would succomb. The big surprise for me is that the last place is now between Hull, Toon and Sunderland. I would have put money on Villa when Lambert dragged them into the mire and Hull looked comfortable; but then I suppose the Tigers demise parallels that of Notts County.
[Post edited 18 May 2015 17:02]
Are Leicester City the Colchester Utd of the Premier League? on 20:26 - May 18 with 1048 viewsBFG

I was looking at Hull's up-coming situation thinking it is similar.
Are Leicester City the Colchester Utd of the Premier League? on 21:15 - May 18 with 1032 viewsLeadbelly

Are Leicester City the Colchester Utd of the Premier League? on 20:26 - May 18 by BFG

I was looking at Hull's up-coming situation thinking it is similar.

I wonder how much effect, if any, the attempt by the Hull owner to rename the club, with subsequent upheaval, has had on the team. Bruce to leave shortly I suspect.

Are Leicester City the Colchester Utd of the Premier League? on 19:56 - May 10 with 781 viewsmfb_cufc

Sorry about bumping this up, but how wrong does this look now.

mfb

Are Leicester City the Colchester Utd of the Premier League? on 20:33 - May 10 with 766 viewsBarsidepete

Are Leicester City the Colchester Utd of the Premier League? on 19:56 - May 10 by mfb_cufc

Foxes went from League 1 to Championship to the Prem and now Champions.

Nothing is impossible.

Let's start with mid-table, perhaps playoffs, hopeful for automatic promotion.

One step at a time.

Are Leicester City the Colchester Utd of the Premier League? on 21:12 - May 10 with 756 viewsLeadbelly

Are Leicester City the Colchester Utd of the Premier League? on 19:56 - May 10 by mfb_cufc

One club learned from its mistakes and had a spectacular season. The other club failed to learn from it's mistakes, although the chairman said it had, and went from bad to worse...much worse.

As an aside, I found the 2015/16 season ticket renewal paperwork whilst tidying up my desk at work this afternoon. With hindsight one has to laugh at the horribly misplaced optimism therein.

Are Leicester City the Colchester Utd of the Premier League? on 07:21 - May 11 with 717 viewsbwildered

Update - Both survived the dreaded last time round, but one went to Champs and one went to Chumps .
Perhaps next time round a role reversal might / could optimistically be performed !!
( Don't put money on this feat -but watch and see how this might change your life, so bet responsibly ) .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Are Leicester City the Colchester Utd of the Premier League? on 20:28 - May 11 with 668 viewswessex_exile

Are Leicester City the Colchester Utd of the Premier League? on 07:21 - May 11 by bwildered

Update - Both survived the dreaded last time round, but one went to Champs and one went to Chumps .
Perhaps next time round a role reversal might / could optimistically be performed !!
( Don't put money on this feat -but watch and see how this might change your life, so bet responsibly ) .

Ironically, I actually think Leicester should be an each-way shot to crash and burn next season (after the Lord Mayor's parade), whilst we ought to be a half-decent shout for a promotion challenge.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Are Leicester City the Colchester Utd of the Premier League? on 20:38 - May 11 with 662 viewsBarsidepete

Are Leicester City the Colchester Utd of the Premier League? on 20:28 - May 11 by wessex_exile

Ironically, I actually think Leicester should be an each-way shot to crash and burn next season (after the Lord Mayor's parade), whilst we ought to be a half-decent shout for a promotion challenge.

Right.

Let's compare a Champion of the Premier League with us, hoping to be promoted back to League One.

This is stupid. How about not being relegated from L2.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024