Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leicester fans who attend final fixture will get free beer :D 16:58 - May 22 with 2048 viewsBarsidepete

This info garnered from The Washington Post:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2015/05/22/premier-league-team

I'm guessing this will turn out well ...
[Post edited 22 May 2015 16:59]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Leicester fans who attend final fixture will get free beer :D on 18:39 - May 22 with 2025 viewswessex_exile

Now I'm as rainbow nation as the next man, but "Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha" is a fricking awesome name by any measure!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Leicester fans who attend final fixture will get free beer :D on 20:25 - May 22 with 2006 viewsLeadbelly

Leicester fans who attend final fixture will get free beer :D on 18:39 - May 22 by wessex_exile

Now I'm as rainbow nation as the next man, but "Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha" is a fricking awesome name by any measure!

Of Sri Lankan origin I assume but still only 9 syllables.

I read somewhere a few years back that cyclist Djamolidine Abdoujaporov, with 9, had the most syllables in his or her name of any professional sports person. Being a cricket fan I thought there must be a Sri Lankan cricketer to top that but I've yet to find one. Does anyone know a sports man or woman with more than 9 syllables in their name?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Leicester fans who attend final fixture will get free beer :D on 08:43 - May 23 with 1974 viewsnoah4x4

Muralibentarmchukerfewdoosrahcheatingfukadilaliteran
Leicester fans who attend final fixture will get free beer :D on 09:17 - May 23 with 1968 viewswessex_exile

Leicester fans who attend final fixture will get free beer :D on 08:43 - May 23 by noah4x4

Muralibentarmchukerfewdoosrahcheatingfukadilaliteran

Haha - nice one Noah!

I was intrigued, so googled it, and think I have a winner for you Whale - take a bow Ilikena Lasarusa Talebulamainavaleniveivakabulaimainakulalakebalau (which means "returned alive from Nankula hospital at Lakemba island in the Lau group"), or IL Bula to his mates.

Up the U's

Leicester fans who attend final fixture will get free beer :D on 09:51 - May 23 with 1961 viewsnoah4x4

I love the irony in this particular thread at http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/longest-name-on-the-back-of-a-football-shi

The first response claims that longest name printed on the back of a professional football shirt is "Venegoor of Hesselink" (19 letters)

Who says that?.......Olamilekan Oluwatobiloba Tiamiyu! (30 letters).
Leicester fans who attend final fixture will get free beer :D on 19:58 - May 23 with 1932 viewsLeadbelly

I make that 30!! Good work Wessex. Just two questions;

In what sport does he participate?

Have the fans come up with a full name chant?

Leicester fans who attend final fixture will get free beer :D on 20:07 - May 23 with 1928 viewswessex_exile

Leicester fans who attend final fixture will get free beer :D on 19:58 - May 23 by Leadbelly

I make that 30!! Good work Wessex. Just two questions;

In what sport does he participate?

Have the fans come up with a full name chant?

He was a very accomplished cricketer for Fiji in the early post-war years, when Fiji weren't an official Test side. Amazingly (according to wikipedia, link below) he's still alive (aged 92), so whilst I doubt fans back then were doing full name chants, when it comes to it the gravestone mason is going to have to play a blinder!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I._L._Bula

Up the U's

Leicester fans who attend final fixture will get free beer :D on 20:52 - May 23 with 1921 viewsLeadbelly

Cricket in Fiji? I thought they were all egg chasers.

Being cricket, the fans would have time for a full name chant. "Give me an I" would work but perhaps "12 days of Christmas" would need a test match.

Login to get fewer ads

Leicester fans who attend final fixture will get free beer :D on 16:13 - May 24 with 1886 viewsBarsidepete

Leicester fans who attend final fixture will get free beer :D on 20:52 - May 23 by Leadbelly

Cricket in Fiji? I thought they were all egg chasers.

Being cricket, the fans would have time for a full name chant. "Give me an I" would work but perhaps "12 days of Christmas" would need a test match.

Not to go off topic

But Foxes 4-nil now. Did the players get free beer too?

edit: 4-1 now.
[Post edited 24 May 2015 16:16]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Leicester fans who attend final fixture will get free beer :D on 08:45 - May 28 with 1827 viewsTheOldOakTree

Leicester fans who attend final fixture will get free beer :D on 20:25 - May 22 by Leadbelly

I read somewhere a few years back that cyclist Djamolidine Abdoujaporov, with 9, had the most syllables in his or her name of any professional sports person. Being a cricket fan I thought there must be a Sri Lankan cricketer to top that but I've yet to find one. Does anyone know a sports man or woman with more than 9 syllables in their name?

Imagine being at school in Sri Lanka, it must be lunchtime before they've finished calling the register!

That would have suited me for all I paid attention at school!
Leicester fans who attend final fixture will get free beer :D on 09:17 - May 28 with 1824 viewsthrillseeker

Leicester fans who attend final fixture will get free beer :D on 20:25 - May 22 by Leadbelly

Djamolidine Abdoujaporv - a legendary sprinter in the Tour de France

Famous for a spectacular crash on Champs Elysees.

I hope link works but if it doesn't it is well worth taking a look at YouTube.

I noticed in the commentary they mention 'the man with 9 syllables'
[Post edited 28 May 2015 9:30]
Leicester fans who attend final fixture will get free beer :D on 18:49 - May 28 with 1802 viewswessex_exile

Leicester fans who attend final fixture will get free beer :D on 09:17 - May 28 by thrillseeker

Djamolidine Abdoujaporv - a legendary sprinter in the Tour de France

Famous for a spectacular crash on Champs Elysees.

I hope link works but if it doesn't it is well worth taking a look at YouTube.

I noticed in the commentary they mention 'the man with 9 syllables'
[Post edited 28 May 2015 9:30]

Did I hear him described as the bouncing bomb in that clip - what a wonderfully appropriate nickname!

Up the U's

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024