Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
French clarifications 13:42 - May 25 with 1670 viewsBluenWightExile

Firstly, congratulations to the Net on his promotion in the magnificent and superbly run HAPPY Prediction league.

Sorry, I have been away from internet connection for ten days looking at houses in France.

Secondly,

Thanks to all those on here kindly [and so generously too] surprising me with good wishes. Durham, Wessex, Burnsie, PWK, Barside, mfb, and many more ............I have not gone yet but..... when one's mortgage runs 'til you're 78 you maybe have to consider radical tactics.... So I've had to, especially after serving time at the hands of the NHS several times in 2014. Makes you think.

a bit like Radical Prediction league tactics [which almost failed me]........eh?

HL:- I had known for maybe the last 6 or 7 weeks of the season that a]I might be promoted and b] that I was likely to be away from a computer a lot soon.
SO......rather than be a nuisance to the HL organisers I tried to hinder my promotion.
That explains that even though it nearly failed.

Mr Happy - SO, thank you for calling me a 'master tactitian'...............not really but almost!!!! That 5-5 Swindon game certainly spooked me.

mfb, Pete, others. Yes I did infer what was happening on another thread. It is a necessity of life that we have to make the best of what cards we are dealt and I'm trying to.

Pete - yes, you are right that I will need to keep a website going because my pictures do sell all over the world but so radical is the move I contemplate that I will be dealing with a new house, a new location, a new language, a new way of life, a new studio etc and given the remote location I think internet issues will not be paramount for a while as I will be unable to make pictures for a significant period. Hence my explanation to Durham and Wessex about being absent from this great FORUM.

So...I've not gone yet but when I do it'll now be clear why and I promise that once I am sorted I will be back.

But yes, one thing is clear, I'll not be getting to as many U's games as even when I was on Alderney!

Up the U's and the U'sual Forum too.

Pinault-noir

French clarifications on 16:29 - May 25 with 1645 viewswessex_exile

Afternoon BnW.

The ever-challenging demands of life do often demand radical solutions, and yours is indeed a brave and radical one, but not without it's perks for an artist I'd say. I can see you seeking your inspiration from beneath the comfort of a shady parasol at some bohemian bistro, gazing out across a sun-drenched vista, packet of gauloises and a half-consumed cheeky bottle of red at your side.

Like you, I'm facing a move in the near future, as my son starts secondary school (a year early) in Calne in September - and living in Warminster, school in Calne and work in Salisbury just isn't going to work unfortunately. Nowhere near your adventure, but it still means devoting loads of time to getting this house ready for sale, and indeed finding somewhere new for myself as well.

So I wish you all the best with your move sir!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

French clarifications on 20:21 - May 25 with 1613 viewsBarsidepete

Thank you for the kind words, Alastair.

Here is the link to his site:

http://www.alastair-riley.com/

Wish you well and tty soon

He is a sublimely great artist, and as he says, "do sell all over the world."

edit: will inbox/PM shortly..
[Post edited 25 May 2015 20:21]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

French clarifications on 13:32 - May 26 with 1583 viewsBluenWightExile

Thank you Wessex.
Thank you for the encouragement. It's needed as it is a big deal. Hadn't thought of it as brave but I spose it is. Yes, the landscapes will appeal and make creative demands and at least everything costs so much less and there'll be no mortgage. Praps I will make it to Cuckoo Farm a few times!

I see your dilemma and a dilemma it is to leave Salisbury which is a very nice place. whatever you do it's the planning and how you plan that effects the success I reckon. So I can see you making a masterful switch even if it feels uncomfortable now. I wish you well with it.
Wessex is a very decent part of England - half my family came from north east Dorset!

I'll be on here for a bit yet as this place needs to sell before I can act.

In the meantime Up the Usual!

Pinault-noir

French clarifications on 20:27 - May 26 with 1564 viewswessex_exile

French clarifications on 13:32 - May 26 by BluenWightExile

Thank you Wessex.
Thank you for the encouragement. It's needed as it is a big deal. Hadn't thought of it as brave but I spose it is. Yes, the landscapes will appeal and make creative demands and at least everything costs so much less and there'll be no mortgage. Praps I will make it to Cuckoo Farm a few times!

I see your dilemma and a dilemma it is to leave Salisbury which is a very nice place. whatever you do it's the planning and how you plan that effects the success I reckon. So I can see you making a masterful switch even if it feels uncomfortable now. I wish you well with it.
Wessex is a very decent part of England - half my family came from north east Dorset!

I'll be on here for a bit yet as this place needs to sell before I can act.

In the meantime Up the Usual!

Well fortunately I will retain custody of Salisbury in the ensuing maelstrom, as my place of work, but likely more often interspersed with trips to the Bristol office from our new home in Calne. It'll be Warminster I'll lose, which will be a big shame, as I have really grown to love the place - but at the end of the day, it's only bricks and mortar, you just have to do what you have to do.

So, sell a few paintings, get yourself sorted, and maybe find an internet café to post from, and maybe we can expect the occasional blog from en France? In the spirit of your namesake Alistair Cooke, my vote goes for "BnW's French Letters"?

...obviously once Daniel archives them in the fullness of time, they can become "BnW's used French Letters"?

Up the U's

French clarifications on 08:51 - May 27 with 1534 viewsBluenWightExile

Yes Wessex I'll aim to be posting asap once I move [autumn maybe]. I am not altogether sure I could post with the handles you have just suggested - how can I possibly top those !! Epic!

It's kind of weird really but like you one has to do what one has to do.
One of my last deputy heads I appointed came from Calne and his family still like living there but I also like Warminster so I understand a bit of your emotions. At least the ghastly Swinedon game is still close. Horrid place.
Anyway I am sure you're right and a quiet corner of France will inspire my silkscreen and I'll have to tottle off to the Maire to ask how I go about selling and paying their taxes!
A little bar will also do the trick and I have unearthed several artisan [proper] brewers in the not too far flung vicinity!

But I will return to the HL for sure and iindeed your blog idea is a goodun.
All very odd for a quiet bloke from Castle Hedingham .............

Frenchbarside?
Lost in France CUFC ?

I'll keep thinking on

Pinault-noir

French clarifications on 21:33 - May 27 with 1516 viewswessex_exile

French clarifications on 08:51 - May 27 by BluenWightExile

Yes Wessex I'll aim to be posting asap once I move [autumn maybe]. I am not altogether sure I could post with the handles you have just suggested - how can I possibly top those !! Epic!

It's kind of weird really but like you one has to do what one has to do.
One of my last deputy heads I appointed came from Calne and his family still like living there but I also like Warminster so I understand a bit of your emotions. At least the ghastly Swinedon game is still close. Horrid place.
Anyway I am sure you're right and a quiet corner of France will inspire my silkscreen and I'll have to tottle off to the Maire to ask how I go about selling and paying their taxes!
A little bar will also do the trick and I have unearthed several artisan [proper] brewers in the not too far flung vicinity!

But I will return to the HL for sure and iindeed your blog idea is a goodun.
All very odd for a quiet bloke from Castle Hedingham .............

Frenchbarside?
Lost in France CUFC ?

I'll keep thinking on

"Gallic_exile"
"Bonne_Tyler" (see what I did there?)
"Peanut"

Whatever you do, don't put it out to a vote, you could end up as Slugpellet! ;-)

Up the U's

French clarifications on 22:07 - May 27 with 1511 viewsBarsidepete

French clarifications on 21:33 - May 27 by wessex_exile

"Gallic_exile"
"Bonne_Tyler" (see what I did there?)
"Peanut"

Whatever you do, don't put it out to a vote, you could end up as Slugpellet! ;-)

I hope not Frenchbarside

Oh shoot, it sent, wrong mobile button tick.

BnW is sending me a catalogue of work available to Wash DC.

cheers for the inbox and email, BnW.

Inbox him. He will send you fabulous catalogue of his work to be had, and incredibly well priced. Perhaps we can help him pay his first month or two in French territory
[Post edited 27 May 2015 22:13]

French clarifications on 16:20 - Jun 1 with 1458 viewsBarsidepete

French clarifications on 22:07 - May 27 by Barsidepete

I hope not Frenchbarside

Oh shoot, it sent, wrong mobile button tick.

BnW is sending me a catalogue of work available to Wash DC.

cheers for the inbox and email, BnW.

Inbox him. He will send you fabulous catalogue of his work to be had, and incredibly well priced. Perhaps we can help him pay his first month or two in French territory
[Post edited 27 May 2015 22:13]

Got your Air Mail/Par Avion art info packet today at the house

Thanks much, BnW, for the overview

Will get in touch via email in a few days.
Regards, Pete.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024