Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FIFA 19:15 - May 27 with 1245 viewsBarsidepete

Funny that it took US authorities to begin throwing the book at that rotten apple named FIFA.

And Blatter is still arrogant to believe he will be re-elected? How about cutting the head off the snake?

I do hope a number of powerful associations have the guts to vote against him.

At least UEFA has released a statement that the election at this impasse should not go ahead.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

FIFA on 21:09 - May 27 with 1223 viewswessex_exile

Our FA, and UEFA, have been hounding FIFA on allegations of corruption for ages, but it was US Attorney Michael Garcia's report into that corruption that really has bought this to a head, and a report which FIFA still refuse to release...a decision which resulted in Garcia's resignation.

Rotten to the core, and it needs bringing down, but we all know it won't happen - they'll squirm out of it somehow, and retain the power and kick-backs they so desperately crave.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

FIFA on 22:30 - May 27 with 1212 viewsBarsidepete

FIFA on 21:09 - May 27 by wessex_exile

Our FA, and UEFA, have been hounding FIFA on allegations of corruption for ages, but it was US Attorney Michael Garcia's report into that corruption that really has bought this to a head, and a report which FIFA still refuse to release...a decision which resulted in Garcia's resignation.

Rotten to the core, and it needs bringing down, but we all know it won't happen - they'll squirm out of it somehow, and retain the power and kick-backs they so desperately crave.

The kitchen lights come on and the roaches scatter. Rhymes with Qatar. And Blatter.

All we need is one person to step forward and then it may be England 2018, USA 2022 (or Australia) .. Then maybe the states 2026. England and the U.S. have a complete infrastructure in place for a W.C. and so does England. It is a big story here. Big, in case anyone is wondering.

Edit, typo'd the years.
[Post edited 27 May 2015 22:33]

FIFA on 22:14 - May 28 with 1165 viewsLeadbelly

Interesting that whiter than white Vladimir Putin has come out in full support of Sepp Blatter. I rest my case your honour.

UEFA should withdraw from FIFA and see how the next world cup pans out with much reduced european TV revenues. Where is it again?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

FIFA on 02:52 - May 29 with 1145 viewsBarsidepete

FIFA on 22:14 - May 28 by Leadbelly

Interesting that whiter than white Vladimir Putin has come out in full support of Sepp Blatter. I rest my case your honour.

UEFA should withdraw from FIFA and see how the next world cup pans out with much reduced european TV revenues. Where is it again?

In Russia. Part of UEFA. Hmm.

Blatter will likely still be elected, while kicking and scheming.

Perhaps another £10 millions worth of bribes and the World Cup may have been staged on Venus.

Now we've redirected league schedules to hold it in the winter of 2022 in Qatar?

My head spins about this governing body.
[Post edited 29 May 2015 3:03]

FIFA on 13:19 - May 29 with 1112 viewspwrightsknees

So, Sepp Blatter says that, if re-elected, he will restore FIFA's reputation.

I would have thought that was one reputation that should NOT be restored!
FIFA on 18:18 - May 29 with 1098 viewsbwildered

A two third majority would keep him in on a first round vote. If all UEFA , block voted him out, not likely, ( ref Russia ) 53 votes would still not be enough .

Perhaps football needs a Kerry Packer like figure who would create a splinter group of countries to form a new Federation of world football , on par which happens in darts and boxing.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

FIFA on 18:22 - May 29 with 1091 viewsBarsidepete

FIFA on 18:18 - May 29 by bwildered

A two third majority would keep him in on a first round vote. If all UEFA , block voted him out, not likely, ( ref Russia ) 53 votes would still not be enough .

Perhaps football needs a Kerry Packer like figure who would create a splinter group of countries to form a new Federation of world football , on par which happens in darts and boxing.

The breaking news is it was 133 for dictator Blatter and the Prince with 73. So not enough support.

A second round of voting coming up.

FIFA on 18:39 - May 29 with 1083 viewsbwildered

Prince Ali has opted out of second round of voting, so the President remains .

Login to get fewer ads

FIFA on 18:39 - May 29 with 1083 viewspwrightsknees

Over the years, Step Ladder has earned the goodwill of many of the "newer" footballing nations in Africa and Asia, so I don't expect anything other than a win for him after the second round of voting.
FIFA on 18:42 - May 29 with 1082 viewspwrightsknees

FIFA on 18:39 - May 29 by bwildered

Prince Ali has opted out of second round of voting, so the President remains .

Thanks BW. The news must have come through while I was posting.
FIFA on 18:51 - May 29 with 1079 viewsBarsidepete

FIFA on 18:42 - May 29 by pwrightsknees

Thanks BW. The news must have come through while I was posting.

The Prince withdrew.

HOW CONVEEEEEEEEENIENT!

FIFA = SH*T

FIFA on 21:17 - May 29 with 1051 viewsbwildered

We alls fine in love and payments .

FIFA on 21:28 - May 29 with 1048 viewsBarsidepete

FIFA on 21:17 - May 29 by bwildered

I wonder how much the prince got in his pocket to shut the F up and move on. Jordan. A real world power in football.

Something stinks more.

Giving small nations the same power of a vote make absolutely no sense.

How about allocating strength of vote in relation to leagues, population, whatever.

Not merely where they are afraid to not get FIFA money.

We need a new governing body. Boycott Russia and Qatar. Not necessarily Russia. They will put on a good dog and pony show.

FIFA on 22:36 - May 29 with 1037 viewsBarsidepete

At least the United States Soccer Federation opted for reform versus bribes.

FIFA on 01:22 - May 30 with 1010 viewsBarsidepete

FIFA on 22:36 - May 29 by Barsidepete

At least the United States Soccer Federation opted for reform versus bribes.

Late breaking news for our readers, of course,

But The New York Times is reporting that a second wave of indictments against Fifa are forthcoming.

From the NYT: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/30/sports/soccer/more-indictments-expected-in-fif

“I don’t think there was ever a decision or a declaration that we would go after soccer,” said Richard Weber, the chief of the I.R.S. unit in charge of criminal investigations. “We were going after corruption.”

He added, “One thing led to another, led to another and another.”

“We always knew it was going to be a very large case,” Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch said.
[Post edited 30 May 2015 1:23]

FIFA on 08:52 - May 30 with 989 viewsdurham_exile

FIFA on 01:22 - May 30 by Barsidepete

Late breaking news for our readers, of course,

But The New York Times is reporting that a second wave of indictments against Fifa are forthcoming.

From the NYT: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/30/sports/soccer/more-indictments-expected-in-fif

“I don’t think there was ever a decision or a declaration that we would go after soccer,” said Richard Weber, the chief of the I.R.S. unit in charge of criminal investigations. “We were going after corruption.”

He added, “One thing led to another, led to another and another.”

“We always knew it was going to be a very large case,” Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch said.
[Post edited 30 May 2015 1:23]

Pete at the. End of the day nothing has changed - Blatter is untouchable.

His "presidential" speech following the "election" was nauseating in the extreme.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

FIFA on 17:22 - May 30 with 964 viewsBarsidepete

FIFA on 08:52 - May 30 by durham_exile

Pete at the. End of the day nothing has changed - Blatter is untouchable.

His "presidential" speech following the "election" was nauseating in the extreme.

Up the U's

Pete, I believe Blatter is dead man walking.

It would be a huge embarrassment if the Swiss did not continue their side of the investigation.

What are the odds that some smoking gun will not be uncovered while Blatter is in Switzerland?

Why has Blatter been unwilling to visit the USA, but said off-handedly he may soon? Is he afraid of something when he steps on US soil which the Department of Justice, the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Internal Revenue Service have in their back pockets?

FIFA on 15:41 - Jun 1 with 911 viewsBarsidepete

FIFA on 21:17 - May 29 by bwildered

The Daily Mail, in fairness not always a "reliable source," ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3104043/Sepp-Blatter-press-con

... is that "EXCLUSIVE: The $10m bribe that leads straight back to Blatter's office."

Two high ranking officials could not have authorized that payment, without (a long-serving FIFA insider said) that internal protocol dictates who can and cannot authorise cash transfers from FIFA bank accounts of the magnitude involved.

"There are only two people inside FIFA who would have the authority to make those payments and sign them off," the source said. "Jerome Valcke as general secretary is one. Markus Kattner as director of finance would be the other. A payment of that magnitude could not be made from an official FIFA bank account without Valcke’s say-so.

News as it develops.

edit: had to delete that last line. We will get Blatter out. Keep the faith.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2015 17:28]

FIFA on 15:56 - Jun 2 with 879 viewsBarsidepete

FIFA on 15:41 - Jun 1 by Barsidepete

The Daily Mail, in fairness not always a "reliable source," ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3104043/Sepp-Blatter-press-con

... is that "EXCLUSIVE: The $10m bribe that leads straight back to Blatter's office."

Two high ranking officials could not have authorized that payment, without (a long-serving FIFA insider said) that internal protocol dictates who can and cannot authorise cash transfers from FIFA bank accounts of the magnitude involved.

"There are only two people inside FIFA who would have the authority to make those payments and sign them off," the source said. "Jerome Valcke as general secretary is one. Markus Kattner as director of finance would be the other. A payment of that magnitude could not be made from an official FIFA bank account without Valcke’s say-so.

News as it develops.

edit: had to delete that last line. We will get Blatter out. Keep the faith.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2015 17:28]

Second highest ranking official, now being implicated by the Department of Justice investigation. That would be Jérôme Valcke, FIFA's secretary general. (via the New York Times, where I read this)

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/02/sports/soccer/sepp-blatters-top-fifa-deputy-je

Nice one

Hang in there. Blatter is a crook. News as it develops

edit: Do Not Mess With The New York Times. They will dig till they are done. One of the most powerful news, not tabloid-style, organizations on earth. ...*and do me a favour, stop, you know who you are, don't wear so many NY Yankees caps in London, ok? .. Washington Nationals fan here.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2015 16:07]

FIFA on 18:11 - Jun 2 with 862 viewsBarsidepete

Blatter to stand down, breaking news.

BOOM.

You're welcome

FIFA on 22:15 - Aug 24 with 757 viewsLeadbelly

In an interview with the BBC Sepp Blatter has stated that he is clean and there is no corruption in football. Good of him to clarify matters and save a lengthy, expensive and ultimately misguided investigation. What a relief!

I do hope the US authorities will now apologise to all those FIFA officials they have arrested wrongfully and Mr Blatter can return to the FIFA presidency. Long may he reign!

FIFA on 23:42 - Sep 25 with 638 viewsBarsidepete

It just gets better and better.

Sepp now being investigated by Swiss prosecutors -- makes you wonder where he will escape to? -- and part of it involves an alleged 2 million Swiss francs "disloyal payment" to Michel Platini, the *cough* front runner for the Fifa head job after Blather was hoping to leave quietly of his own accord.

How soon before Qatar's bid is binned and awarded to another nation?

FIFA on 07:31 - Sep 26 with 627 viewsLeadbelly

FIFA on 23:42 - Sep 25 by Barsidepete

It just gets better and better.

Sepp now being investigated by Swiss prosecutors -- makes you wonder where he will escape to? -- and part of it involves an alleged 2 million Swiss francs "disloyal payment" to Michel Platini, the *cough* front runner for the Fifa head job after Blather was hoping to leave quietly of his own accord.

How soon before Qatar's bid is binned and awarded to another nation?

But didn't Mr Bladder tell the world he hasn't done anything wrong? I'm getting confused...either the various law enforcement authorities are hounding an innocent man or Sepp is a lying c*** who has been running an organisation that is corrupt from top to bottom. Which is it?

FIFA on 17:49 - Sep 27 with 607 viewsBarsidepete

FIFA on 07:31 - Sep 26 by Leadbelly

But didn't Mr Bladder tell the world he hasn't done anything wrong? I'm getting confused...either the various law enforcement authorities are hounding an innocent man or Sepp is a lying c*** who has been running an organisation that is corrupt from top to bottom. Which is it?

It's comforting to know that Platini is beyond reap-roach.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024