Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Samba Diakite 14:50 - Jun 12 with 5060 viewswombat

anyone reckon ramsey can turn him into a slightly les lunatic midfield player next season ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Samba Diakite on 14:53 - Jun 12 with 3530 viewskingsburyR

Get his head right and he'll be some player.

Not overly hopeful that he can though.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Samba Diakite on 14:55 - Jun 12 with 3526 viewsterryb

No, but it is always entertaining to see Samba play!

IMO he has far more ability than Fer, but is that enough?
Samba Diakite on 15:00 - Jun 12 with 3504 viewslave16

Samba Diakite on 14:55 - Jun 12 by terryb

Far more ability to kick someone

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Samba Diakite on 15:05 - Jun 12 with 3478 viewsWatford_Ranger

Samba Diakite on 14:55 - Jun 12 by terryb

He's 26 and has played about 100 games in his whole career. Fer can be a lazy cnt but has ten times the footballing ability of Diakite.
Samba Diakite on 15:13 - Jun 12 with 3424 viewsterryb

Samba Diakite on 15:05 - Jun 12 by Watford_Ranger

He's 26 and has played about 100 games in his whole career. Fer can be a lazy cnt but has ten times the footballing ability of Diakite.

No,

Fer is a lot better goalscorer, but his unwillingness to tackle, defend, work etc. means he will never be as good as Diakite COULD be!

Fer had at the most two good performances for us. Samba easily beat that! Compare Fer away to Sunderland & Diatike at home to Arsenal. No comparison. Samba by a mile!

Fer is also in the same bracket as many others, including our own NQ (back at work from the pub & can't think how to spell his name!), relegated with every Premier club he played for! Norwich were very glad to see him go!
Samba Diakite on 15:16 - Jun 12 with 3411 viewsdaveB

he had 4 good games 3 years ago , and people say Adel was over rated
Samba Diakite on 15:21 - Jun 12 with 3377 viewsWatford_Ranger

Samba Diakite on 15:13 - Jun 12 by terryb

No,

Fer is a lot better goalscorer, but his unwillingness to tackle, defend, work etc. means he will never be as good as Diakite COULD be!

Fer had at the most two good performances for us. Samba easily beat that! Compare Fer away to Sunderland & Diatike at home to Arsenal. No comparison. Samba by a mile!

Fer is also in the same bracket as many others, including our own NQ (back at work from the pub & can't think how to spell his name!), relegated with every Premier club he played for! Norwich were very glad to see him go!

Ok. Fer is a year younger and has played nearly three times as many games including 11 for Holland and 31 for their under-21s.

He was considered good enough for a Holland World Cup squad and played a fair bit.

Diakite had nine games for us on loan and looked good in maybe five of them. He's played 23 games in total for QPR and might have had half a dozen good games being generous. I don't see what he's ever done to suggest he could be better than Leroy Fer who we have mostly played way out of position.
Samba Diakite on 15:23 - Jun 12 with 3362 viewsQPRski

I have forgotten about him! Is this a serious proposal?

Where has he been for the last couple of years?
What has he done?
How long is his current QPR contract?

....any inputs or references to answers more than welcome.
Login to get fewer ads

Samba Diakite on 15:33 - Jun 12 with 3294 viewsJamieNaz

Doubt it. He's a red card waiting to happen. He came to football really late. Great athlete - but appears to have no idea how to play the game.

Also put in one of the worst midfield performances alongside M'Bia (vs Liverpool) that I've ever seen. Just gave the match up. His mentality is so poor.

A lot of fans seem to just like him because he runs about a lot. Same with Barton. Just because you run about a bit doesn't mean you're good.
Samba Diakite on 15:34 - Jun 12 with 3288 viewsWatford_Ranger

Samba Diakite on 15:23 - Jun 12 by QPRski

What has he done?

Tearing it up in Saudi Arabia last season.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samba_Diakité
Samba Diakite on 15:37 - Jun 12 with 3266 viewsTacticalR

Why do we keep discussing players like Diakité and Morrison? Is there an FA ruling that every squad must have a certain quota of loonies?

Air hostess clique

Samba Diakite on 15:43 - Jun 12 with 3241 viewsterryb

Samba Diakite on 15:21 - Jun 12 by Watford_Ranger

Ok. Fer is a year younger and has played nearly three times as many games including 11 for Holland and 31 for their under-21s.

He was considered good enough for a Holland World Cup squad and played a fair bit.

Diakite had nine games for us on loan and looked good in maybe five of them. He's played 23 games in total for QPR and might have had half a dozen good games being generous. I don't see what he's ever done to suggest he could be better than Leroy Fer who we have mostly played way out of position.

As I stated at the start, I don't think anyone could control Diatike so this option is probably a non-starter. I do think we would have been better off if we had named him in our 25 rather than Traore though!

However, you stated that he had perhaps five good games for us. That is far more than Fer has had for us! Also, if you look back, Samba was used at times on the right of midfield, which was just as much out of position.

The truth is that they play different positions. Fer should be played off of the centre forward or not at all. In that position he is far better than the option of Morrison (or an awful lot of players in the Premier). That stops you playing a front two though. I have no problems with that but I hear many supporters still crying out for two forwards to be played!

Diakike can only be played as a box to box player. In that role we have no other player to come near to his ability.

To whoever asked what had happened to him, he rejoined us from being loaned out in January. We named Doughty in the 25 rather than him. I have no problems with that, but there should have been space for both of them.
Samba Diakite on 15:50 - Jun 12 with 3211 viewsQPunkR

No, I don't want Ramsey to chain him up - let Samba run free on the green expanses of football pitch across West London!

I want 100% Samba or no Samba at all!!

Were this to happen, then it's quite obviously a case of "everybody wet bikini"
[Post edited 12 Jun 2015 15:50]

QPR - "shit but local"

Samba Diakite on 15:51 - Jun 12 with 3200 viewsWatford_Ranger

Samba Diakite on 15:43 - Jun 12 by terryb

As I stated at the start, I don't think anyone could control Diatike so this option is probably a non-starter. I do think we would have been better off if we had named him in our 25 rather than Traore though!

However, you stated that he had perhaps five good games for us. That is far more than Fer has had for us! Also, if you look back, Samba was used at times on the right of midfield, which was just as much out of position.

The truth is that they play different positions. Fer should be played off of the centre forward or not at all. In that position he is far better than the option of Morrison (or an awful lot of players in the Premier). That stops you playing a front two though. I have no problems with that but I hear many supporters still crying out for two forwards to be played!

Diakike can only be played as a box to box player. In that role we have no other player to come near to his ability.

To whoever asked what had happened to him, he rejoined us from being loaned out in January. We named Doughty in the 25 rather than him. I have no problems with that, but there should have been space for both of them.

Why though? What has he done to merit a place in the squad? Watford fans found him to be laughably poor and he could barely get a game in Saudi Arabia.

When Fer has actually played in the right position he's looked very good in a poor side. Diakite scored one excellent goal which seems to have papered over some monumental cracks.
Samba Diakite on 15:53 - Jun 12 with 3183 viewsoddball

Samba Diakite on 15:23 - Jun 12 by QPRski

What has he done?

i think we gave him a one hundred year contract.the fellas radio.would need a brain transplant to turn him into a footballer.maybe fuse his brain with charles mansons.
Samba Diakite on 15:55 - Jun 12 with 3172 viewsQPunkR

Samba Diakite on 15:51 - Jun 12 by Watford_Ranger

Why though? What has he done to merit a place in the squad? Watford fans found him to be laughably poor and he could barely get a game in Saudi Arabia.

When Fer has actually played in the right position he's looked very good in a poor side. Diakite scored one excellent goal which seems to have papered over some monumental cracks.

Samba would paper over your cracks!

QPR - "shit but local"

Samba Diakite on 16:00 - Jun 12 with 3152 viewsWeaverQPR

I'd prefer to give Doughty a proper chance in the first XI

@WeavQPR

Samba Diakite on 16:01 - Jun 12 with 3147 viewsadhoc_qpr

We might as well involve him through pre-season and see how it goes. What have we got to lose?

Ramsey is probably the first proper coach we've had for years, maybe he can improve him to the extent that he contributes.

It's not like we'll get a fee for him or get his wages covered if he goes on loan anyway.
Samba Diakite on 16:18 - Jun 12 with 3063 viewsterryb

Are you really sugesting that Traore was a better option in the 25 that Diatike would have been!

He is under contract to us, so unless we receive an offer for him he may as well attend pre season with the first team squad & see how it develops.

As I said before, we have nobody who can play box to box like he can. Whether that should give him a place in the side is another matter.

Personally, I would prefer to see a fit Faurlin alongside Doughty in the centre of the midfield, but I don't expect it to happen!

Also, living in Ipswich, I meet quite a few Norwich fans. Not one of them had a good word for Fer. Rather like your Warford scenario with Diatike.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2015 16:20]
Samba Diakite on 16:30 - Jun 12 with 3008 viewsWokingR

He doesn't have to do anything to merit a place in the squad because he is already in it. It's only the Premiership where we have to name 25 and stick to it so if he is good enough he can be picked.
Personally, I'd love to see him back
Samba Diakite on 16:37 - Jun 12 with 2982 viewsWatford_Ranger

Samba Diakite on 16:18 - Jun 12 by terryb

Are you really sugesting that Traore was a better option in the 25 that Diatike would have been!

He is under contract to us, so unless we receive an offer for him he may as well attend pre season with the first team squad & see how it develops.

As I said before, we have nobody who can play box to box like he can. Whether that should give him a place in the side is another matter.

Personally, I would prefer to see a fit Faurlin alongside Doughty in the centre of the midfield, but I don't expect it to happen!

Also, living in Ipswich, I meet quite a few Norwich fans. Not one of them had a good word for Fer. Rather like your Warford scenario with Diatike.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2015 16:20]

Yes I'm glad Traore had a squad place over Diakite. They're both crap but one is a complete lunatic hell bent on getting sent off every week. He could only get 7 games in Saudi Arabia which is, at a guess, conference level.

Watford fans consider Diakite one of the worst players they've ever seen. Fer, regardless of what we think of him after a handful of games out of position and a poor season at Norwich, is considered one of Holland's best seven or eight midfield players.
Samba Diakite on 16:42 - Jun 12 with 2953 viewsterryb

Samba Diakite on 16:37 - Jun 12 by Watford_Ranger

Yes I'm glad Traore had a squad place over Diakite. They're both crap but one is a complete lunatic hell bent on getting sent off every week. He could only get 7 games in Saudi Arabia which is, at a guess, conference level.

Watford fans consider Diakite one of the worst players they've ever seen. Fer, regardless of what we think of him after a handful of games out of position and a poor season at Norwich, is considered one of Holland's best seven or eight midfield players.

I think we have reached the stage of agreeing to disagree!
Samba Diakite on 17:17 - Jun 12 with 2846 viewseasthertsr

Do you guys realise that be had several members of his family killed in the Civil War back in Mali? Samba could have been a great player, but what happened would screw anyone up.
Samba Diakite on 17:22 - Jun 12 with 2814 viewsSpiritofGregory

Don't think Ramsey wants to deal with troublesome players and I don't blame him.
Samba Diakite on 17:34 - Jun 12 with 2773 viewswombat

Samba Diakite on 17:22 - Jun 12 by SpiritofGregory

Don't think Ramsey wants to deal with troublesome players and I don't blame him.

Is he troublesome though? Morrison is troublesome samba is just mad

Poll: which is your favouite foot

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024